Is it worth living in Malaysia rather than Singapore?

Even angmoh also find us expensive.

Quote:It depends.

I live in Malaysia currently. Last year I was offered a job in Singapore, with an ok salary. When I put the costs down on the paper, I was on 0 at the end of the month (adding rent, child care - which is super expensive in Singapore if you’re an expat, food and so on). Also the working hours were 8–8. So a 12h work day is common.

I got a job here eventually, with a salary lower (in SGD), but I live in quite a big apartment, my kid can go to a Montessori kindergarten (I couldn’t even touch it in SG, it was 5.000 dollars a month), and I can afford a nanny to pick him up and take care of him while I’m at work. Work is 9 hours, give or take.

I like what I do, so I don’t mind working 12–14 hours. But I do mind being away from my son the entire day. So working 8–9h in the office and the rest at home, after kid is asleep, works for me. That’s not something you can find in Singapore, their working culture is quite competitive.

So it depends what you’re looking for. Singapore is safer and a better public transport. The rules are quite strong also (death penalty if you smoke anything but tobacco; and it is enforced, this is why the country is so safe). So that’s something to consider also if you want to move there.

Malaysia is more colorful. You get to live in bigger condos, with access to swimming pools and other facilities, and the quality of life overall is higher. But you have to drive (the public transport is not easily accessible) and it’s not very safe unfortunately.

One thing makes it clear which country is better in terms of financials: kids. If you have kids, Singapore is extremely expensive.

https://www.quora.com/How-poor-is-Malays...a-Visanoiu

its a no brainer la ..see the bloody causeway every weekend

my personal opinion .. yes you cannot win Malaysia in terms of the cost of livng

but one thing you need to remember, the education system here is competitive and competition is good for children

(27-06-2022, 04:19 PM)keys Wrote:  its a no brainer la ..see the bloody causeway every weekend

my personal opinion .. yes you cannot win Malaysia in terms of the cost of livng

but one thing you need to remember, the education system here is competitive and competition is good for children

World Class Education is just BS

to make us competitive but jobs given to FTs

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(27-06-2022, 04:19 PM)keys Wrote:  its a no brainer la ..see the bloody causeway every weekend

SG is already fark up by PAP lah. Cost of living is one thing cant match Msia. What about quality of life here? Both also cant match Msia.

Migrate lor..to Msia or AU....what you want? born here your tough luck, as this land has zero resources hor....you didn't know meh

(27-06-2022, 04:56 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Migrate lor..to Msia or AU....what you want? born here your tough luck, as this land has zero resources hor....you didn't know meh

The same old stupid lame excuse

ZERO Resources doesn't mean that Human Capital are not resources

That is why Mr LKY pushed for World Class Education

while Current PAP gave away our every job to FTs

Even NON-TECH = admin/ HR/ logistics . . . .

that does not need FTs

I can show you dozens of linkedin account from CECA

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Basing on current trend of global protectionist mentality and food shortage, Singapore as a country might not be sustainable. Even if it can be sustainable through miracle or brilliant 4G or 5G leaders, in the long run of say another 30 years it will be overtaken by big Malaysia. If you think you will be still around by then, better plan ahead for your survival..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-06-2022, 05:08 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  If you Chinese, born in Malaysia

Life in Singapore is like Heaven

In Malaysia, like Hell

Trust me, I know

Cos I born there

Fortunately PAP offered me a place in NTU to study Engineering

That was 40 years ago

Thank you PAP

40 YEARS AGO

You still sotong living in the 80s again

Forever OUT- of- TOUCH

jobless and gullible

That is why people vote for Mr KY

while LHL keep losing more and more votes

(27-06-2022, 05:13 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Public housing in Singapore is FREE for a LIFETIME

You must be an idiot to pay rent if you are a foreigner working in Singapore

Become a PR, get married and buy a HDB flat to enjoy FREE housing for LIFE

Get it!

Please do not lie and lie

Public Housing is not FREE

Why Jac = 5354= FartSunKing always LIE?

Vindictive: Some people lie intentionally to cause harm to others because they feel harmed by that person. It is a way of getting back at another person.

Disappointment: In order to avoid disappointing another person or even themselves, a lie might be told. The uncomfortable feeling of disappointment justifies the deception.

Manipulate: An abusive person constantly lies in order to continue their manipulation. If the truth came out, the abused might leave.

Intimidated: Sometimes a lie is done because the person feels intimidated by others. Again, this feeling of inferiority is so uncomfortable that they lie to cover it up.

Attention-seeking: Unfortunately, there are people who lie just to get the attention of other people. The irony is that most of them dont know what to do with the attention when

wuhahahah

bottom line simple maths

Earning Power (A) - Spending (B) = Balance ©

regardless where u live, as long as A is high, B is low will do.
the numbers are just relative only.

that's all.

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

(27-06-2022, 05:18 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Born Singaporeans losing jobs to FTs is a MYTH

A lame excuse from a whiny little useless ccbai here

Who lost her job to her Singapore born colleague

3 years ago

Poor bastard!

Just because you are a Malaysian

and support PAP you can use vulgarities and lies

If it is really a myth, then SHOW me 

that EP has levy / quota to control

SHOW ME how PAP Control this issue

NONE. So you just lied again.

No point being stupid and an Empty Vessel

(27-06-2022, 05:11 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Basing on current trend of global protectionist mentality and food shortage, Singapore as a country might not be sustainable. Even if it can be sustainable through miracle or brilliant 4G or 5G leaders, in the long run of say another 30 years it will be overtaken by big Malaysia. If you think you will be still around by then, better plan ahead for your survival..... Rolleyes

Yes I'm not sure whether Singapore as country us sustainable. Through no faults of the govt, the system is just going to get more and more rigid, perhaps also more and more populist. 

LKY was able to do the right thing as the people then were not so educated and were only concerned with a better livelihood. Now people are more demanding, wanting not only better lives but more rights to everything, a kind of self-entitlement really. To stay in power, PAP will only give in to the demands which resulted in them doing the political right thing, but not necessarily the right thing.

Our survival is really hinged on Singapore being better than its neighbours, but we can see many countries already learning from us and even becoming better than us. Many years ago China was an economic backwater. They learnt from us and now no longer need us. I see Vietnam as another country which will do the same. If one day Malaysia got rid of its bumiputra policy it might stand a good chance. Many may say it's impossible but then anything in this world is possible.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(27-06-2022, 05:00 PM)Ola Wrote:  The same old stupid lame excuse

I can show you dozens of linkedin account from CECA

CECA never ever worked in Finance

but can come here as CFO?#! 

[Image: Wavecell-CFO-Deepraj-B.png]

download all facebook content

Only healthy competition is good. Big Grin
Our system already rotten.
It is no more meritocracy but elitism.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(27-06-2022, 04:28 PM)Ola Wrote:  World Class Education is just BS

to make us competitive but jobs given to FTs

I was in a industrial park coffee shop. Heard and saw many young Viets guys there. Likely hired by engineering companies...

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

what he say already happen for years...

even some Singaporean work just like Malaysian, daily drive in to SG work than after work drive back to JB.

HDB flat rent out. Whereas own a Condo in JB.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Govt in Self- Denial for too long that is why this issue was never resolved.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

A saying...if u have not been robbed, or yr house not broken into, u r not qualified to live there...

(27-06-2022, 06:23 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  A saying...if u have not been robbed, or yr house not broken into, u r not qualified to live there...

Dont be sour grape lah....they probably laughing at u everyday kena rob by PAP. Just that majority are too dumb to understand.

Answer: Indonesia
[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-06-26-12-20-17.png]
Central Bank of Central Banks asks for chinese help must tell you something

Malaysia will never change their bumiputra policy
Understand the meaning of bumiputra

If one fine day corruption rate in Malaysia is as low as Singapore under new strong able leadership
More foreign investors will flock to Malaysia and less Malaysian come to Singapore looking for jobs

This expat is not the high quality type lah. If he is, his salary will more than cover the higher cost. Low/mid tier expat will be more suitable for Malaysia.

Just now this Friday start, those PR Malaysian cannot drive Malaysia car into SG??

If u r old and no family,  u want to live in M. If u r young with a family,  u want to live in S. M has a different life,  good for rich and old people.

Living in Malaysia is much cheaper and never have to worry about ban on chicken or durian. Yet, can drive cheap car to work in Singapore.