Is spending tax payer on sph justify?

https://fb.watch/bA5TvtXqnk/
[+] 3 users Like Bigiron's post

PSP Leong MW ask questions that the public would like to know.

And the Shoot Blank Queen, this time at least tried to answer part of it.

I transcribed it here-

His (PSP Leong)  questions are quite strange. If he insists that SPH Media Trust is government owned, why would funding be an issue? It is not something that we would have to come to parliament and explain to members about, wold be part of how other arms of the Government are funded.

But the fact we are here, explaining to members to provide public funding to SPH Media Trust is precisely because it is not Government, it is a company limited by guarantee, CLG.

The government does not owned this company limited by guarantee and did not own SPH, the limited entity. And so the decision must depend on support and ultimately, on the shareholders.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

900 million over 5 years, which is 180 million per year......

What I see as long under ANY Ex Public servant surely Collapse this is why I feel ??? people like Chan Chun Sing, Tan SL etc talk about how to do business etc??

Now SPH CEO is ex Minister Kwah , I see the Same pattern here, SPH Will delist from SGX just like SMART.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Gong jiao wei!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!
[+] 1 user Likes Fit's post

Mr Leong, thank you so much.
you have really make me understand much more.

[+] 3 users Like whylah's post

Transcribe ( part 2)

So it would appear to me the fundamental difference is that Mr Leong or the PSP simply does not value our local mainstream media as much as the Government. Because, it’s up to $180 Million a year to support trusted local media an excessive amount given the size of our economy, for our people and businesses to be able to see the world through our own unique lens for our voice to be projected without impediment, for our culture, our tradition to be expressed the way we want to be expressed. 

==============================

JT talks like a mad woman.

Why would anyone value mainstream media when we do not read or use it?

If PAP values it, then PAP use their own money to pay for it!

This way, you can use your own lens and hear your own voice.

[+] 4 users Like Ola's post

Towards privatization? But it seems like some Bail out of Government own company by the Government themselves.

Why is it so complicating? Did Josephine set the 3 areas of milestones in the Parliament?

Managament getting 20% paycut
Money disbursed for first 3 years and will reduce to half in 4th and 5th year
Will profits made be returned to our CPF?

Or she did not plan her books for the next Parliament sitting for public to compare performance?

Win the World but lost your Soul. 
[+] 1 user Likes Symmetry's post

(06-03-2022, 06:20 PM)Ola Wrote:  Transcribe ( part 2)

So it would appear to me the fundamental difference is that Mr Leong or the PSP simply does not value our local mainstream media as much as the Government. Because, it’s up to $180 Million a year to support trusted local media an excessive amount given the size of our economy, for our people and businesses to be able to see the world through our own unique lens for our voice to be projected without impediment, for our culture, our tradition to be expressed the way we want to be expressed. 

==============================

JT talks like a mad woman.

Why would anyone value mainstream media when we do not read or use it?

If PAP values it, then PAP use their own money to pay for it!

This way, you can use your own lens and hear your own voice.
Her reply is getting from bad to worst. Who the fuxk value the MSM when it's bias and one-sided for pap. And now using taxpayers money to fund pap's mouthpiece. She must be silly to think that this type of reply can convince people.
[+] 2 users Like Instinct's post

I think $180 Million/ year is too much!

In 2021, SPH made nearly $100 Million profit.

Is this another Rob the Poor to give the Rich again?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...0on%20year.

JT didn't answer PS's question. Why did the govt allow SPH to collect the profits for so many years when SPH Media was making money, but when SPH Media started making losses, it is immediately the responsibility of the govt to fund it?
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

[Image: Screenshot-6-4-2021-9-07-54-AM.jpg]

Paid top dolas for a parachuted ceo to run a coy down  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

ST reported their own profits $97 million cannot be wrong

People no longer want to read ST so no point giving us text book answers/ response of the 80s

Those are OUT -of- date

Please scale down the business by HALF

And just provide $80 Million funding X 5 years for them

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(06-03-2022, 09:17 PM)starbugs Wrote:  JT didn't answer PS's question. Why did the govt allow SPH to collect the profits for so many years when SPH Media was making money, but when SPH Media started making losses, it is immediately the responsibility of the govt to fund it?

because is " Listed in SGX " just like SMRT last time, whenever SMRT in trouble, Gov faster put money yes aka Public funds
till it cannot work, than de list

This is why I mention early I can sense the " same pattern " for SPH, not surprise one day been delist from SGX just like SMRT.

(06-03-2022, 08:54 PM)Ola Wrote:  I think $180 Million/ year  is too much!

In 2021, SPH made nearly $100 Million profit.

Is this another Rob the Poor to give the Rich again?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...0on%20year.

another disgusting reasons why need to raise gst 
hope this yr  given the war in ukarine n super commodity cycle will make spore will hv a deep recession so pap hv to take back their words to forgo the gst increase.
more pains for employers when their cpf contributions to employees will also be increase

(07-03-2022, 12:55 PM)talky Wrote:  another disgusting reasons why need to raise gst 
hope this yr  given the war in ukarine n super commodity cycle will make spore will hv a deep recession so pap hv to take back their words to forgo the gst increase.
more pains for employers when their cpf contributions to employees will also be increase

You think they never " plan " ?? Must be having some backup plans standby AGAIN of course ways to use the People money yet again WITHOUT US knowing.

This is not spending tax payer's money it's robbing in broad daylight with parliament's blessings.
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(07-03-2022, 01:48 PM)Dan Wrote:  This is not spending tax payer's money it's robbing in broad daylight with parliament's blessings.

LPA= lasting power of attorney  is valid when a life,died no pa ka
WILL=valid when died alive no pa ka
LPR=lasting power of robberry,alive or dead also rob yr life n suck yr blood
[+] 2 users Like talky's post

(06-03-2022, 03:09 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  https://fb.watch/bA5TvtXqnk/

Raising GST to fund sph with $900m is totally unacceptable.