Is this guy a loser?

I know a guy who wasted 3 years going to poly to take a diploma in accounting and finance. He doesn't understand what is being taught and just pass with c and d grades.

He tried to do accounting jobs but he couldn't do it. He changed around 20 jobs in 7 years, most of the jobs is because the company did not confirm him during probation as he does not know how to do accounts.

Than he found a admin job with salary 2k. He find the job easy and he likes the manager too. But the company is very stingy and only give the staffs around $50 increment a year.

After he work for 5 years, he found another admin job with salary 3k so he resign.

He work in the job for 1 month and feel stress so he resign. After that he couldn't find another admin job.

Now he works as a cashier in supermarket earning less than 2k a month.

Is this guy a loser?

So whats the lessons from this story that we can learn?

(18-06-2022, 11:30 AM)eugene Wrote:  I know a guy who wasted 3 years going to poly to take a diploma in accounting and finance. He doesn't understand what is being taught and just pass with c and d grades.

He tried to do accounting jobs but he couldn't do it. He changed around 20 jobs in 7 years, most of the jobs is because the company did not confirm him during probation as he does not know how to do accounts.

Than he found a admin job with salary 2k. He find the job easy and he likes the manager too. But the company is very stingy and only give the staffs around $50 increment a year.

After he work for 5 years, he found another admin job with salary 3k so he resign.

He work in the job for 1 month and feel stress so he resign. After that he couldn't find another admin job.

Is this guy a loser?

talking about yourself, huh ?
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(18-06-2022, 11:30 AM)eugene Wrote:  I know a guy who wasted 3 years going to poly to take a diploma in accounting and finance. He doesn't understand what is being taught and just pass with c and d grades.

Is this guy a loser?

Don't anyhow switch jobs.

(18-06-2022, 11:43 AM)winbig Wrote:  Don't anyhow switch jobs.

hard to say , some job hop and their wages increase over the years till final point stop " due to age " usually around mid 30s they will stay on that company longer till official retire or ask to leave or retrench.

Summary in SG , been a civil servant is better this is why call SG INC.

Next month July coming mid year Bonus as usual than year end , than yearly increments.

(18-06-2022, 11:52 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  hard to say , some job hop and their wages increase over the years till final point stop " due to age " usually around mid 30s they will stay on that company longer till official retire or ask to leave or retrench.

Summary in SG , been a civil servant is better this is why call SG INC.

Next month July coming mid year Bonus as usual than year end , than yearly increments.

I said don't anyhow switch jobs. I never said don't switch jobs.  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

The more you switch the more worst because other cannot take stress you take over

no risk, no gain.

When u are born stupid no choice la...blame on your ancestors genes.

Job hopper ends up no where

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

I think there is a saying like a rolling stone gathers no moss. Dunno can apply here or not..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

One thing I learnt in life is to take pride in your work. Nothing is too small to be proud of. When you have pride then you'll do your work well. Other things will simply follow.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

EDMWers many such stories.
Losers, winners, what do they actually mean?
Like Blasterlord2 said, just take pride in whatever you do. Don’t need other people’s approval, never be a slave to the opinions of others. Just live your own life and be happy.

(18-06-2022, 12:04 PM)winbig Wrote:  I said don't anyhow switch jobs. I never said don't switch jobs.  Laughing

Yalah u bery smart lah

Farking useless guy. Doubt can even hv a gf in his life.

He is more suitable for routine job...

(18-06-2022, 05:47 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  He is more suitable for routine job...

HC wipe tables most ideal. Laughing

Up for sharing

I would like to think of people not as losers or winner.
But as people going about their lives.
Sometimes they have good ideas sometimes bad sometimes they get lucky sometimes no.

In the end we all have to die and that does not change no matter what you do.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I remember during GCT time when he advocated "High-value high salary" for Singapore.   

Now it is no more heard of.

Is this guy a loser?

No. He is not a loser.
He knows himself very well.
A real loser will not do anything anymore.

Success of a person is not base of $$$ gain but how many ppl you have helped.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(24-06-2022, 07:43 AM)eugene Wrote:  Up for sharing

Whose clone are you?
Think of what to do with your own life better lah, why waste time thinking about other people’s lives? That guy is a survivor nia.

At lease he try his best to find a job and not waiting jobs to find him that is life. Sometime you really cannot find one that suit you but have to carry on working although with no promotion or increment.