Is this the best SG garment can do?

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/zvkKy9TzCHN7bdEG0F-J4w

I came across this Chinese article, if what it says is the truth about what’s going on now in dormitories, WTF had MOH and MOM been doing all this while?

Medicine and proper hygiene food should be the least they should get right? Why no authority from garment ensure that the company of these FW get it done?

what a joke like that want to brag Gov help needy? Gov should worry more and more seeking financial aid.
Just now news mention number of people seeking Comcare aid, etc increasing

Garment is like textile garment.

Only looks good on the outside, but inside, cannot do its job well.

Want to open borders, want to live with COVID then at least learn to respect lives first, FW also humans and I don’t think they deserve any lesser care than a Singaporean, the garment allow them to come, then got them stranded here because you decide to open the borders, then it will be the garment responsibility to at least ensured that they get proper care!
[+] 3 users Like Dota's post

YES. Work towards the great reset with flying colors.
All sorts of actors and actresses are ready.

They dun even care about own citizens feelings... voted them they labeled citizens as sia suay illiterates... unless they r the beloved FTs lah... Will b a different matter

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Galilo_l's post

(13-10-2021, 07:12 PM)Dota Wrote:  Want to open borders, want to live with COVID then at least learn to respect lives first, FW also humans and I don’t think they deserve any lesser care than a Singaporean, the garment allow them to come, then got them stranded here because you decide to open the borders, then it will be the garment responsibility to at least ensured that they get proper care!
Nobody asked nor forced the FW to come here to work. 
FW can always work back in their home country. Don’t complain lah.

tomorrow will be a better day

there is no best but better ones.
if best no motivation to improve,this is whats happening in spore now.

(13-10-2021, 07:34 PM)surfer Wrote:  Nobody asked nor forced the FW to come here to work. 
FW can always work back in their home country. Don’t complain lah.

Yes, they are one who wanted to come, but it’s also MOM who agreed for them to come, they didn’t ask for “live with virus” policy, garment decided it so at least they have to ensure that medication and proper meal should be provided, now because of the rising cases, China quarantine period against people going back from SG is at least 30 days which is self paid, and that is not taking they super ex air ticket into consideration, you think if these FW can afford they don’t want to go back?

(13-10-2021, 08:16 PM)Dota Wrote:  Yes, they are one who wanted to come, but it’s also MOM who agreed for them to come, they didn’t ask for “live with virus” policy, garment decided it so at least they have to ensure that medication and proper meal should be provided, now because of the rising cases, China quarantine period against people going back from SG is at least 30 days which is self paid, and that is not taking they super ex air ticket into consideration, you think if these FW can afford they don’t want to go back?

The govt didn’t point the gun at their heads to force them to come here to work. You think you can get work back in your own home country and get decent wages? I suspect another reason why you FW comes here to work is to get better medical treatment and FREE Covid vaccinations .
So don’t come here to KPKB.

(13-10-2021, 08:25 PM)surfer Wrote:  The govt didn’t point the gun at their heads to force them to come here to work. You think you can get work back in your own home country and get decent wages? I suspect another reason why you FW comes here to work is to get better medical treatment and FREE Covid vaccinations .

FYI I am a local Singaporean, nobody forced them to come, but also nobody ask MOM to provide WP slot for them to come, it’s first demand then supply, the fact that MOM provides WP slots shows that SG needed FW to do the dirty jobs that you and me don’t want to do, don’t talk as if only they needed the job here, we also need them to come and help build SG, but I don’t think it’s for someone like your attitude to understand

(13-10-2021, 08:25 PM)surfer Wrote:  The govt didn’t point the gun at their heads to force them to come here to work. You think you can get work back in your own home country and get decent wages? I suspect another reason why you FW comes here to work is to get better medical treatment and FREE Covid vaccinations .
So don’t come here to KPKB.

I tend to agree with surfer... Big Grin

(13-10-2021, 08:35 PM)debono Wrote:  I tend to agree with surfer... Big Grin

The point here is not whether anyone forced them to come, since garment is the one who wanted to carry out this policy, then at least MOM should ensured that proper medication and food should be provided at the dormitory since we can’t take everyone into hospital, at least ensured that the employers fulfil their duty for the basic needs for these FWs

Wat choice do u have...all of u so brilliant full of fantastic ideas come forward to stand for erection, the more the merrier with the sole objective of repacing entire ministars ...n form the next govt .

(13-10-2021, 08:46 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  Wat choice do u have...all of u so brilliant full of fantastic ideas come forward to stand for erection, the more the merrier with the sole objective of repacing entire ministars ...n form the next govt .

There is no chance to form a govt. by the opposition, in the GE every time, the PAP will garner more than 60% of the votes cast.  Sinkees dare not take a chance to have an alternative govt......

(13-10-2021, 08:32 PM)Dota Wrote:  FYI I am a local Singaporean, nobody forced them to come, but also nobody ask MOM to provide WP slot for them to come, it’s first demand then supply, the fact that MOM provides WP slots shows that SG needed FW to do the dirty jobs that you and me don’t want to do, don’t talk as if only they needed the job here, we also need them to come and help build SG, but I don’t think it’s for someone like your attitude to understand

Let's face the facts.

There is no way that manual workers can be removed for labour intensive sectors. 

But what MOM betrayed locals is FTs in IT that can easily be working from their home country. These EP Holders can be reduced by 50,000 and their DP 80,000.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(13-10-2021, 08:53 PM)Ola Wrote:  Let's face the facts.

There is no way that manual workers can be removed for labour intensive sectors. 

But what MOM betrayed locals is FTs in IT that can easily be working from their home country. These EP Holders can be reduced by 50,000 and their DP 80,000.

If these report is about FT then I wouldn’t even bother to post this thread

(13-10-2021, 08:57 PM)Dota Wrote:  If these report is about FT then I wouldn’t even bother to post this thread

Yes, you are posting to protect China FWs.  Would PAP bother since they are not CECA?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Anything that required detailed planning and execution can almost guess they will not be able to execute properly. But their abilities to taichi is truly amazing.

Spoken to some Chinese before, quite a number of them told me that they regretted coming here. It is not like some who said they can't get work back in their own home country and get decent wages. Somehow, the job agency might have painted a rosy picture of working in Singapore.

(13-10-2021, 08:32 PM)Dota Wrote:  FYI I am a local Singaporean, nobody forced them to come, but also nobody ask MOM to provide WP slot for them to come, it’s first demand then supply, the fact that MOM provides WP slots shows that SG needed FW to do the dirty jobs that you and me don’t want to do, don’t talk as if only they needed the job here, we also need them to come and help build SG, but I don’t think it’s for someone like your attitude to understand

Don’t tell me about dirty jobs that you and I don’t do. For your information I’ve worked for 40 years on 3 shifts rain or shine whilst you were sleeping peacefully at night in your peaceful bed.
As you’ve mentioned it’s a case of demand and supply. You can choose not to come here to work(supply) when there’s a demand for such workers. If you choose to come voluntarily it’s up to your employers to provide you the care and needs not the govt. Get that in your head.
And don’t tell me i don’t understand the situation. I’ve been helping the nation to build its economy for the past 40 years.

Money face again if get money for you treat you good if you poor hackcare you lor

No movement to curb covid/

(14-10-2021, 08:35 AM)surfer Wrote:  Don’t tell me about dirty jobs that you and I don’t do. For your information I’ve worked for 40 years on 3 shifts rain or shine whilst you were sleeping peacefully at night in your peaceful bed.
As you’ve mentioned it’s a case of demand and supply. You can choose not to come here to work(supply) when there’s a demand for such workers. If you choose to come voluntarily it’s up to your employers to provide you the care and needs not the govt. Get that in your head.
And don’t tell me i don’t understand the situation. I’ve been helping the nation to build its economy for the past 40 years.

FYI too, I had been regular in a SAF intel unit for 10 yrs doing hundred pages of live intel report everyday on shift duty to ensured that Singapore is not under any threat in order for people like you to work 3 shift a day with a peaceful mind 
Don’t think too highly of yourself, anyone who work a proper job in Singapore contribute in building the nationin one way or another, not only you, but also these FW who helps to build up the infrastructure or did the job that singaporeans didn’t want to do, do they deserve any lesser care than you just because they came here to work on their own accord? Do you seriously think Singapore will do well without these FW who are willing to travel across the sea to help build others nation? Be it they did it for money or not, fact still remains that their job is not what Singaporeans are willing to do, if not there wouldn’t even have the need for WP in the first place 
You are right to say that it’s the company’s responsibility to take care of the FW they hired, so, whose responsibility to ensure that the company carry out what they supposed to do? Is it not MOM? Why in the first place when it was decided that the whole dormitory to be locked down but no MOM officer was sent to ensure the needed duty of the company is taken care of? 
This is basic humanity we are talking about, it’s surprising to see someone who had been working hard for 40 years yet doesn’t have the basic respect for it

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/nvg1jkfBVy7SiYUxq_BOjA

At least response from MOM is immediate, this company I think is going to get into trouble

(14-10-2021, 08:35 AM)surfer Wrote:  Don’t tell me about dirty jobs that you and I don’t do. For your information I’ve worked for 40 years on 3 shifts rain or shine whilst you were sleeping peacefully at night in your peaceful bed.

Member Surfer, you have given us your hardship whilst working in Singapore, and after 40 years, rain or shine, you had been doing your job.  Now it is hope that the garment, will appreciate those people like you, as you grow old, and not chuck you aside when covid-19 hits our island. Every elderly should be appreciated, and not let to die during this pandemic situation.  They must be properly cared for by our garment.  Headways had been made to value these group of people by giving them good discounts in public clinics and supermarkets, of those who are in the pioneer or merdeka  generations and this should be applauded... Clapping

(14-10-2021, 09:34 AM)Dota Wrote:  FYI too, I had been regular in a SAF intel unit for 10 yrs doing hundred pages of live intel report everyday on shift duty to ensured that Singapore is not under any threat in order for people like you to work 3 shift a day with a peaceful mind 
Don’t think too highly of yourself, anyone who work a proper job in Singapore contribute in building the nationin one way or another, not only you, but also these FW who helps to build up the infrastructure or did the job that singaporeans didn’t want to do, do they deserve anything lesser care than you just because they came here to work on their own accord? Do you seriously think Singapore will do well without these FW who are willing to travel across the sea to help build others nation? Be it they did it for money or not, fact still remains that their job is not what Singaporeans are willing to do, if not there wouldn’t even have the need for WP in the first place 
You are right to say that it’s the company’s responsibility to take care of the FW they hired, so, whose responsibility to ensure that the company carry out what they supposed to do? Is it not MOM? Why I the first place when it was decided that the whole dormitory to be locked down but no MOM officer was sent to ensure the needed duty of the company is taken care of? 
This is basic humanity we are talking about, it’s surprising to see someone who had been working hard for 40 years yet doesn’t have the basic respect for it

People like me working with a peaceful mind? In my line of work I do report to the authorities, MPA , Marine Police and our Singapore Navy if I do come across suspicious characters. So don’t give me your craps about your duty to ensure Singapore safety.
FYI I work where very few Singaporeans wants to do this kind of job.MOM does not carry the responsibility to look after what the company is supposed to do. The boss of the company is responsible.
As for your fantasy basic humanity, when you’ve worked long and hard enough you will find that you have your responsibility to look after your own self. No company will look after you short of providing you with the basic salary and whatever terms in your contract of work.

(14-10-2021, 09:38 AM)debono Wrote:  Member Surfer, you have given us your hardship whilst working in Singapore, and after 40 years, rain or shine, you had been doing your job.  Now it is hope that the garment, will appreciate those people like you, as you grow old, and not chuck you aside when covid-19 hits our island. Every elderly should be appreciated, and not let to die during this pandemic situation.  They must be properly cared for by our garment.  Headways had been made to value these group of people by giving them good discounts in public clinics and supermarkets, of those who are in the pioneer or merdeka  generations and this should be applauded... Clapping

Well Debono I’m sure you’re also enjoying your fruits of labour. We get discounted rides on mrt/buses( though I get about in my car), 2-3 % discounts at the supermarkets and $5 movie tickets on weekdays.
Let’s enjoy our sunset years.

(14-10-2021, 09:52 AM)surfer Wrote:  People like me working with a peaceful mind? In my line of work I do report to the authorities, MPA , Marine Police and our Singapore Navy if I do come across suspicious characters. So don’t give me your craps about your duty to ensure Singapore safety.
FYI I work where very few Singaporeans wants to do this kind of job.MOM does not carry the responsibility to look after what the company is supposed to do. The boss of the company is responsible.
As for your fantasy basic humanity, when you’ve worked long and hard enough you will find that you have your responsibility to look after your own self. No company will look after you short of providing you with the basic salary and whatever terms in your contract of work.

That’s when you have the capability to look after yourself, for these FW in a foreign land do you not think they need help? When humanity became a fantasy then should slavery become reality? It’s pathetic to see people getting so pessimistic 

If what I had been doing in the army means crap to you, then I seriously don’t think there is anything to shout about in what you did for your last 40 yrs, doesn’t seem any less crappy than what you thought about mine

(14-10-2021, 09:57 AM)surfer Wrote:  Well Debono I’m sure you’re also enjoying your fruits of labour. We get discounted rides on mrt/buses( though I get about in my car), 2-3 % discounts at the supermarkets and $5 movie tickets on weekdays.
Let’s enjoy our sunset years.

Bro., Surfer, I am happy to  note that you are now enjoying the fruits of labor. Hope you have more good years to enjoy it and make your sunset years more meaningful.. Clapping ...