Discussion- Should we stop QR Payment at Hawker Centers?

Hawker at Chinatown Food Complex says they sometimes ‘get cheated’ by cashless payment methods (msn.com)

Easy to cheat.

Just improve the apps to be like WeChat
Our QR code payment system is confusing and notification is clear for elderly

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

In China, even roadside hawkers prefer digital payment.

Is China having a better digital payment system or the people in China are more honest and trustworthy than Singaporeans?  Thinking

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...es-1000721

Liquid Pay, which is accepted at about 800 hawker stalls islandwide, works through a mobile app. To pay, customers scan the QR code at the stall and key in the amount owed on their app. This is then confirmed by the hawker, who receives an app notification. Users can also show their phone to the hawker for acknowledgement.

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(08-08-2021, 10:56 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  In China, even roadside hawkers prefer digital payment.

Is China having a better digital payment system or the people in China are more honest and trustworthy than Singaporeans?  Thinking

Human has typical bad behaviors, even China.  Your online king started phone payment 11 year ago and had a fair share of this issue. 

But the news 4 years ago did share that the China Govt took action on those bad behaviors. Maybe because China Govt is more capable and more focus in their responsibility to catch those perpetrators. 

PAP? Only know how to Copy & Paste. Full Stop. 

JoTeo heading Info Comm can prove otherwise?

(08-08-2021, 11:21 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...es-1000721

Liquid Pay, which is accepted at about 800 hawker stalls islandwide, works through a mobile app. To pay, customers scan the QR code at the stall and key in the amount owed on their app. This is then confirmed by the hawker, who receives an app notification. Users can also show their phone to the hawker for acknowledgement.

I think, PAP just follow Technology Blindly. Instead of helping us, it became a burden to encourage another form of crime. 

Is there really a need for Hawkers to use digital payment?  It is not a need but merely a want.

Just like how Josephine issue Employment Pass. Some of the jobs is not a need but a want for FTs.

(13-08-2021, 10:09 AM)Ola Wrote:  I think, PAP just follow Technology Blindly. Instead of helping us, it became a burden to encourage another form of crime. 

Is there really a need for Hawkers to use digital payment?  It is not a need but merely a want.

Just like how Josephine issue Employment Pass. Some of the jobs is not a need but a want for FTs.

It's coercive soft approach ... just like vaccination program 
Eating prata still the best reaction  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

if got problem shd try to solve it or improve the app instead of back off.

Singapore standard is not ready yet.

(13-08-2021, 11:05 AM)OLT Wrote:  if got problem shd try to solve it or improve the app instead of back off.

Ya lor, some rubbish here just bark to keep SG backward.

(13-08-2021, 11:49 AM)hooishoo Wrote:  Ya lor, some rubbish here just bark to keep SG backward.

Only those who follow whatever PAP says blindly without thinking is called "Rubbish". 

So, where is your discussion point? Nothing?

Tongue

(13-08-2021, 11:05 AM)OLT Wrote:  if got problem shd try to solve it or improve the app instead of back off.

The problem has nothing to do with the app. So, how to improve the app?

If they want, they can learn from China to catch and jail the cheaters using network data.

(13-08-2021, 11:54 AM)Ola Wrote:  Only those who follow whatever PAP says blindly without thinking is called "Rubbish". 

So, where is your discussion point? Nothing?

Tongue

From all the rubbish you have spitted around, likely you are mentally unsound. lol

(13-08-2021, 12:20 PM)hooishoo Wrote:  From all the rubbish you have spitted around, likely you are mentally unsound. lol

And you have nothing to discuss? Are you brainless? Or just another mad man from Malaysia?

Did I force you to read the comments here? Not happy still KBKB crying for what?

You might as well commit suicide since you are having depression. So poor thing and pathetic still want my attention for what?

Are you from IMH?? You forgot your medication again?

Rotfl

(13-08-2021, 12:06 PM)Ola Wrote:  The problem has nothing to do with the app. So, how to improve the app?

If they want, they can learn from China to catch and jail the cheaters using network data.

so far i havent use qr payment at hawkers yet. it seems to me the cheats are using screentshots to fool the hawkers? 

notification of payment thru sms or something like dat can help the hawkers.?

(13-08-2021, 12:30 PM)OLT Wrote:  so far i havent use qr payment at hawkers yet. it seems to me the cheats are using screentshots to fool the hawkers? 

notification of payment thru sms or something like dat can help the hawkers.?

The payment did not go through because it takes at least a few seconds.  So, some cheaters are not showing old screenshots but hawkers are still fooled.

Yes, good idea that the Digi company can request for hawkers to register their handphone number to be notified. It takes the app developer about 2 mths after testing to run this new feature and add server space. But I am sure such additional features will cost more.

Went to nasi lemak breakfast. Gave $5 and aunty gave me 3X 50 cents back.

I took my food and wanted to walk away then aunty yell, AYE! You never check?

Then I look at the 3 coins, of which 2 were Malaysian 20 CENTS, the exact same size, leh!!

Aunty said she has been cheated by "can't remember who". How come got so many Malaysian coins to give her every few days or 1 week??

Maybe giving them cash is not so good either. They also get cheated.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Digitalisation is unstoppable

Smile

Dont blame the system.
Blame the ppl who use the system.
How come never check?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Easier to use the wave system.
Just have to connect many cards, like easy link, and all the popular cards.
Tap and go.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

PAP may impose strict law heavy punishments for those that cheat, an easy but lazy way to solve problem.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Actually cheating will always be there no matter you use cash, card or digital. Where there is human, there will be cheating. Just have to be careful in whatever form of payment you are using........ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

I dun think these minister will sit together with their subordinates to iron out what is the pro and con before going ahead with any project. I believe they just ask their subordinates to get it done and just submit them with the report.
Thats where your millions dollars wasting on sleeping pigs

Another real problem is when the mobile is not working or breaks down.

Just have to pay by cash.

(27-08-2021, 11:52 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  PAP may impose strict law heavy punishments for those that cheat, an easy but lazy way to solve problem.

how to impose, cheat 20 cents 50 cents? not noticeable. plus many will not bother to go through the hassle.

(27-08-2021, 10:17 AM)Ola Wrote:  Went to nasi lemak breakfast. Gave $5 and aunty gave me 3X 50 cents back.

I took my food and wanted to walk away then aunty yell, AYE! You never check?

Then I look at the 3 coins, of which 2 were Malaysian 20 CENTS,  the exact same size, leh!!

Aunty said she has been cheated by "can't remember who". How come got so many Malaysian coins to give her every few days or 1 week??

Maybe giving them cash is not so good either. They also get cheated.

Just my thoughts about this. Those people are dishonest and will cheat and cheat. It may not be that only 1 food stall suffering.

Just imagine that dishonest person can use 4 of 50 Malaysian cents= MYR2 where he earns SGD1.40 cents. 

But maybe he helped 2 colleagues to buy breakfast? So, his colleagues paylah to or cash to him. Then this dishonest person, earns another $1.40. Altogether $2.80 that morning. 

Doesnt it sound like a scam?

Win the World but lost your Soul.