DBS digital banking services down; ATMs affected

(14-10-2023, 07:02 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  heng me trusted kong guan biscuit tin never had problem of taking out money 24/7.

Mine is milo tin  Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Are they on Equinix? They have no contingency plans or fallback DCs meh?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(15-10-2023, 07:35 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Are they on Equinix?  They have no contingency plans or fallback DCs meh?

Both DBS and Citibank down. Yes, they used Equinix. Lousy banks, contingency plans failed.

System is not solid like other banks

(15-10-2023, 08:04 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Both DBS and Citibank down. Yes, they used Equinix. Lousy banks, contingency plans failed.

Equinix Keppel DC REIT got invest?

(15-10-2023, 08:04 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Both DBS and Citibank down. Yes, they used Equinix. Lousy banks, contingency plans failed.

This is too much of a coincidence! How can DBS and Citibank using Equinix be down at the same time?

Strange that they don’t have hot standbys for mission critical systems.

(15-10-2023, 09:11 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Strange that they don’t have hot standbys for mission critical systems.

That means their failover fail to startup properly. For banks failover is crucial and I think at least once a year they will do practice. A lot employer dun wan spend monies on failover including my current employer. So fault is DBS failover fail dramatically.

[Image: IMG-0401.jpg]

(15-10-2023, 09:18 AM)sgh Wrote:  That means their failover fail to startup properly. For banks failover is crucial and I think at least once a year they will do practice. A lot employer dun wan spend monies on failover including my current employer. So fault is DBS failover fail dramatically.

Their DRP and BCP fail big time  Big Grin

(15-10-2023, 09:18 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  [Image: IMG-0401.jpg]

should commit hara kiri, in the words of PAP's KBW

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

Wonder are the atms gg to be emptied since yesterday can’t withdraw

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

where is DBS DC ?