Why I'm cool with doing blue-collar work and servicing air-cons

No Degree Required: Why I'm cool with doing blue-collar work and servicing air-cons

After witnessing how technicians are in demand overseas, Mr Ho Boon Ping, 34, says that blue-collar work deserves the same recognition in Singapore.

👨‍🔧 https://tdy.sg/428inHH

Today online has a series of articles highlighting ppl who achieve great job success without degree. One is a pastry chef. One is start off as technician do until asst manager in rail maintenance etc.

Story is saying for kids who don't like to study there are jobs available and can pay good too. So parents need to open up a bit if your own kids don't like to study.

It's not just the pay. It's the stigma. And very difficult to get girls to like you even if you are able to provide for the family.

Ignore List: Oyk

(21-01-2024, 08:27 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It's not just the pay. It's the stigma. And very difficult to get girls to like you even if you are able to provide for the family.

Usually blue collar workers get wife same as them non-Uni graduate lor. This is why LKY say graduate with graduate best. He is not 100% wrong now I finally see the light after close to 50 years living. Graduate with non-graduate come out offspring will inherit some from both not ideal in his thinking.

Around my surroundings no study parents offspring follow same as parents. The minority buck the trend though as got mum siblings son is Uni graduate while parents both only Secondary school level.

(21-01-2024, 08:36 PM)sgh Wrote:  Usually blue collar workers get wife same as them non-Uni graduate lor. This is why LKY say graduate with graduate best. He is not 100% wrong now I finally see the light after close to 50 years living. Graduate with non-graduate come out offspring will inherit some from both not ideal in his thinking.

Around my surroundings no study parents offspring follow same as parents. The minority buck the trend though as got mum siblings son is Uni graduate while parents both only Secondary school level.

But if the woman is chio then she'd want to marry a rich man, or at least someone with good potential. Those blue-collar workers immediately get eliminated.

(22-01-2024, 11:15 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But if the woman is chio then she'd want to marry a rich man, or at least someone with good potential. Those blue-collar workers immediately get eliminated.

Unless the blue collar workers later come out be own boss after learn the ropes of the trade for a few years. Boss status but blue collar think renovation cleaning etc those kind of boss

(22-01-2024, 06:46 PM)sgh Wrote:  Unless the blue collar workers later come out be own boss after learn the ropes of the trade for a few years. Boss status but blue collar think renovation cleaning etc those kind of boss

Like the boss of a market stall selling pork?

[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Servicing aircon is a good job. Not very physically demanding. Easy to learn and lots of recurring business from the condo renters.

Ac servings for most condo units are quite safe and easy. For landed houses it could be quite demanding and dangerous, as they may hv to climb up to where the compressors are installed, and sometimes hv to cope with bee stings