Jamus Lim compares GST hike to shooting oneself in the foot

Jamus Lim compares GST hike to shooting oneself in the foot, says it will ‘stoke’ already elevated inflation

https://theindependent.sg/jamus-lim-comp...inflation/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(01-03-2022, 03:37 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Jamus Lim compares GST hike to shooting oneself in the foot, says it will ‘stoke’ already elevated inflation

https://theindependent.sg/jamus-lim-comp...inflation/

He got the bullseye
[+] 1 user Likes Kgliangp's post

Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

I prefer to vote for opposition

Because they dare to tell PM Lee to wake -up

Not like the throngs of Over- paid to be YES MEN like PAP

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 4 users Like Ola's post

(01-03-2022, 04:12 PM)Kgliangp Wrote:  He got the bullseye

Pinky dont bother to listen to good advise lah. Even his own papa's wi.ll also he dont bother

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 2 users Like klat's post

Swee. This time WP must work harder and debate robustly against GST hike. There are many alternatives but pap choose the easy way out. The current 7% GST is already causing high inflation and it will get worse with the increase. Get the rich to pay more, bring back estate duty, and cut spending on redundancy in the govt. There is no need to increase GST.
[+] 4 users Like Instinct's post

WP needs to go on the offensive more often on such issues of national importance. Don't be sitting ducks or they end up in situations such as the RK case.
[+] 4 users Like starbugs's post

(01-03-2022, 06:11 PM)starbugs Wrote:  WP needs to go on the offensive more often on such issues of national importance. Don't be sitting ducks or they end up in situations such as the RK case.

But when WP (especially when JL come from the angle of his expertise), will some folks here say he is a textbook person and try to brush him off..

So, if we find what WP or JL said make sense, support them.. If what they say don't make sense, hantum them..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

I wonder why Jamus didn't suggest making GST exclude the basic necessity like what Malaysia is doing..

Like that, we don't need to debate if the poor are taxed since most of their spending will be GST free items..

Meanwhile, we are taxing the rich more since they will spend more on non basic necessity which charge GST..

As for middle class, they get to save some $$ as well since they also need to buy the basic necessity..

Only person not happy, govt or IRAS to be exact..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

i think business will fold, under pap more will be in deep trouble after gst increased, who want to go eat restaurant often, and if price too ex, U need to paid more also from gst to our gov. ppl choose to avoid gg out eat often. sg is not business friendly anymore, hold tight. more stress level, less happy people, more suicide, fighting quarrel cases increased indefinitely. parents will.be more stress if no.jobs, FT working among.us. you tell me, is this what we want. sg is totally fuxk. really.miss the good old days of sg.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

(02-03-2022, 07:17 AM)jus4lucky Wrote:  i think business will fold, under pap more will be in deep trouble after gst increased, who want to go eat restaurant often, and if price to ex, U need to paid more also from gst to our gov. ppl choose to avoid gg out eat often.

They still want to protect the top rich, make them richer and richer. Everything got its limit.

Better start to learn cooking…cook your own meal.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(02-03-2022, 12:12 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I wonder why Jamus didn't suggest making GST exclude the basic necessity like what Malaysia is doing..

Like that, we don't need to debate if the poor are taxed since most of their spending will be GST free items..

Meanwhile, we are taxing the rich more since they will spend more on non basic necessity which charge GST..

As for middle class, they get to save some $$ as well since they also need to buy the basic necessity..

Those necessities are also being consumed by the rich. So with exclusions, the rich will not be taxed on the necessities.

Finally WP wake up. But Pritam jiaklat Liao.

(02-03-2022, 07:34 AM)winbig Wrote:  Those necessities are also being consumed by the rich. So with exclusions, the rich will not be taxed on the necessities.

If not enough money,
is either print money or tax I suppose.

No worries, old fuсk Vivian will fix him...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(02-03-2022, 07:34 AM)winbig Wrote:  Those necessities are also being consumed by the rich. So with exclusions, the rich will not be taxed on the necessities.
True, which is why the tax focus should be on the non necessities. No matter how rich or poor, you still need food, water shelter etc.

We are now taxing people, rich or poor, from these items.

(02-03-2022, 08:25 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  True, which is why the tax focus should be on the non necessities. No matter how rich or poor, you still need food, water shelter etc.

We are now taxing people, rich or poor, from these items.

We should tax more on luxury items as mostly the rich consume them (suggested by Jamus I think). Necessities are still taxed but the tax should be offset by GST rebates ( what the govt is doing). I think that's the direction we are taking.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(02-03-2022, 12:12 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I wonder why Jamus didn't suggest making GST exclude the basic necessity like what Malaysia is doing..

Because PAP wants to make sure every single GST payable items is captured

And every single cent of GST is collected

Some shops may have some basic necessity mixture

The SAP System needs 12 mths to overhaul

for example Tan TS Hospital

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Just kick them out . For singaporean

(02-03-2022, 10:24 AM)Ola Wrote:  Because PAP wants to make sure every single GST payable items is captured

And every single cent of GST is collected

Some shops may have some basic necessity mixture

The SAP System needs 12 mths to overhaul

for example Tan TS Hospital

It can still be captured, but those items will have 0 GST.

System constraint should never be a show stopper

(02-03-2022, 01:24 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  It can still be captured, but those items will have 0 GST.

System constraint should never be a show stopper

That is why PAP cannot plan.

Other developed countries, GST Stores have a Big Sign "GST"

So everything in there has GST

For example- Honda car dealers, Coach Bags etc

But Supermarket is a mixture of GST and non- GST

They have a powerful cashiering system made up of 3 tabs to choose in one screen

1) Weighing scale
The glass panel horizontally can weigh

2) Bags
Take a plastic or recycle and select

2) Payment Types
All machines can take the 7 types of payment
Including vouchers

Those CECA working in NTUC IT Dept are not the Real Talents to do all this config

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post