Japan: The big decision since 1989, is the future heaven or hell?

The decision by the Bank of Japan, led by Governor Haruhiko Kuroda , on March 20 to raise interest rates may be a hope to break the curse of 33 years ago. However, if the lack of explanation causes misunderstandings in the market, or if the procedure for breaking away from the extraordinary easing is wrong, it could lead to a tragedy.

December 25, 1989. There have been historically significant changes in monetary policy. The Bank of Japan announced its third interest rate hike this year. The Nikkei Stock Average was in the 38,400 yen range. Shortly after that, the bubble burst. largely...

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXZQOFL0...2A2000000/

Japan represent the tail end limit of one-armed policy. You ease until you have no room to ease then you push on a string with negative rates and permanent QE. The Japanese population ageing savers are party to this adding deflationary pressure.

When you travel to the end of the road there is no good options. Monetary policy does nothing.

The Japanese govt becomes biggest buyer.of its own stocks and bonds. Now BoJ holds half of JGBs

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.