Japanese woman on Malaysia death row to appeal for leniency under new law

https://japantoday.com/category/crime/ja...er-new-law

I read the comments on that website. The tonnes of misplaced sympathy is astounding. I think she should be hanged as a deterrence to like minded drug carriers.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(15-09-2023, 12:43 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I read the comments on that website.  The tonnes of misplaced sympathy is astounding.  I think she should be hanged as a deterrence to like minded drug carriers.

Yes! 

There should be no mercy on drugs traffickers!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(15-09-2023, 12:43 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I read the comments on that website. The tonnes of misplaced sympathy is astounding. I think she should be hanged as a deterrence to like minded drug carriers.

I believe so. Many people nowadays are weak minded. Just want good karma thinking they will be rewarded. Just hang la

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

Although Malaysia still maintains capital punishment, judges have the discretion under the reformed system to review a sentence and mete out other forms of punishment to those who committed the serious crimes after examining court proceedings as well as grounds of the judgement.

The new law allowing prisoners sentenced to death or life imprisonment to seek reduced sentences, came into force Tuesday as part of the judicial reform that eliminated mandatory death sentencing for 11 serious offenses, including drug trafficking, murder and terrorism.