'TikTok changed my life.' Real estate agents find huge success on the app

By Kameryn Griesser and Sofia Barrett, CNN Business

Updated 1654 GMT (0054 HKT) December 9, 2021

During the height of the pandemic, real estate agents across the country discovered that social media platform TikTok was an ideal way to safely show prospective buyers homes. Now, some are saying the video app has revolutionized the way they sell real estate -- and it is here to stay.

Madison Sutton is a 25-year-old agent in New York City. She specializes in off-market deals and what she calls "hidden-treasure apartments." But during the pandemic, she was scraping the barrel for leads because so many people were moving out of the city.

Sutton created her TikTok account, @TheNYCAgent, in early 2020. She had "no expectations for it whatsoever," citing the pandemic as the catalyst for starting her account. But as soon as she started posting apartment tours on the app, she said interest in her TikTok and her properties spiked.

"There were days I was getting two or four hundred inquiries for one apartment," she recalled. "What TikTok did, I couldn't have expected or planned or calculated in my entire lifetime. It's completely changed my life."

Sutton said 100% of her business now comes from TikTok, and her commissions have almost doubled.

It took Fort Worth, Texas, realtor Prince Whiting just a week on the platform to get his first hit. Since creating @TheHouseofWhiting in January 2021, he has amassed 2.2 million likes on his videos. The exposure he gets on his content is virtually free, unlike his previous method of paid print advertising.

He said he now gets about 75% of his leads from TikTok, and his sales have nearly quadrupled. As a result, Felling has stopped marketing his properties in print publications.

Much better to read the full report at: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/09/succe...index.html

USA to ban tiktok cos it's China. They want you to use fb lah.

(10-12-2021, 09:34 AM)Sticw Wrote:  USA to ban tiktok cos it's China. They want you to use fb lah.

In term of marketing, it is difficult to beat video sites like YT and Tiktok. Even FB is not as good as YT toktok

Smile
Thumbs Up 

I think Tiktok really has a large audience nowadays, people get bored and they have easy access to social media, it's easy to use and it's very entertaining. People who use this to promote their businesses actually have a high chance of large exposure for the business itself. Maybe top sengkang property agent should also try this  Wink