John Soh, Quah Su-Ling found guilty in Singapore's $8b penny stock crash

John Soh, Quah Su-Ling found guilty in Singapore's $8b penny stock crash

Malaysian businessman John Soh Chee Wen and his girlfriend Quah Su-Ling were convicted of market manipulation that led to more than $8 billion wiped out from the Singapore stock market in 2013. More on their charges: https://str.sg/wXWs

Soh manipulated stocks for decades.
He used to sell T shirt at Pasar Malam.

He used to manipulate Malaysian stocks from RM$1 to $100. Famous one was Promet until today many old punters still talking about it. Most of these collapsed during Asian Crisis.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

anyone here make alot or lost alot

I did not touch
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(05-05-2022, 06:46 PM)Talent Wrote:  anyone here make alot or lost alot

I did not touch

When u see price chart go up so smoothly, high chance is manipulation. HK has a lot such less than $1 stocks...

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(05-05-2022, 06:50 PM)Niubee Wrote:  When u see price chart go up so smoothly, high chance is manipulation. HK has a lot such less than $1 stocks...

If lucky buy at HK$1 and you see it manipulated to 100...you hit jackpot

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

he got play out by his banker. next bb who wants to play should know who is your opponent.
if it is your banker. better to get few other bankers. and see if can make your banker trading arm die pain pain.
if not quickly negotiate an exit path for win win.

in this type of case. the banker is as guilty but not prosecuted. wonder why. i suffered losses during these manipulations. but if not for the banker playing chow game. i could have got out with a profit. or at least break even.

(05-05-2022, 08:17 PM)sclim Wrote:  he got play out by his banker. next bb who wants to play should know who is your opponent.
if it is your banker. better to get few other bankers. and see if can make your banker trading arm die pain pain.
if not quickly negotiate an exit path for win win.

in this type of case. the banker is as guilty but not prosecuted. wonder why. i suffered losses during these manipulations. but if not for the banker playing chow game. i could have got out with a profit. or at least break even.

how much u lost

in 100s of thousands

(05-05-2022, 06:25 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  John Soh, Quah Su-Ling found guilty in Singapore's $8b penny stock crash

Malaysian businessman John Soh Chee Wen and his girlfriend Quah Su-Ling were convicted of market manipulation that led to more than $8 billion wiped out from the Singapore stock market in 2013. More on their charges: https://str.sg/wXWs

They didn't manipulate the penny stock crash la.

It was SGX,
SIAS,
UOB Kay Hian,
Goldman Sachs,
Interactive Brokers and
Saxo Bank.

Renong, Idris Hydraulic, Promet Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-05-2022, 10:33 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Renong, Idris Hydraulic, Promet Big Grin

so u from my era
u not young too
why talk like u so young

I resigned and took a 6month sabbatical just to play clob from june 1993 to Jan 1994
make a bundle
then went off to hike kilimajaru

but many of my gfs suffered huge loss after the crash in 1994

anyone knows
of any make millions in that run up

I'm just curious of a scenario where Soh is found not guilty, what happens then since he has been locked up from 2016 till now? Govt to compensate him for his freedom and loss of income for 6 years?
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(05-05-2022, 10:55 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I'm just curious of a scenario where Soh is found not guilty, what happens then since he has been locked up from 2016 till now? Govt to compensate him for his freedom and loss of income for 6 years?

That is why die die he must be found guilty..

This is the system.  Just like the Dachinamurthy case...
https://theindependent.sg/are-we-really-...r-tang-li/

(05-05-2022, 10:51 PM)Talent Wrote:  so u from my era
u not young too
why talk like u so young

I resigned and took a 6month sabbatical just to play clob from june 1993 to Jan 1994
make a bundle

Haha, I am not from your era lah Big Grin

I already said I am also an old fcuk, but about a decade younger than you.  

Idris hydraulic, Renong , Promet probably we went in at the tail end…. and when we’re wet behind the ears puppies at the beginning of careers Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Now a chance to buy some stocks

u not young too
why talk like u so young

make a bundle

1994 crash? Wow that is 28years ago!!!!

u not young too
why talk like u so young

make a bundle

1994 crash? Wow that is 28years ago!!!!

Got people here play shares in 1994....really?
28yrs experience by now should be investment god already

(06-05-2022, 06:22 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Haha, I am not from your era lah Big Grin

I already said I am also an old fcuk, but about a decade younger than you.  

Idris hydraulic, Renong , Promet probably we went in at the tail end…. and when we’re wet behind the ears puppies at the beginning of careers Big Grin

She is 59 years old so you're 49?