Joseph Schooling's uncle not happy liao

(01-08-2021, 09:50 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Tiohlah. So your call is a guesstimate/conjecture and not factual lah. Should use adjective "possibly", "most likely".

Use backside to think also know the endorsements are worth a lot. You talk like writing university thesis.

(01-08-2021, 09:51 PM)debono Wrote:  I think JS had to contribute 20% of his gold medal earnings to the sports council... Big Grin

Our government will surely fully compensate him back. Time is not same like tan howe liang time.

Why all so Kay pOH.

Lose or win...still the same...Mua save my energy to earn money

(01-08-2021, 09:58 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Our government will surely fully compensate him back. Time is not same like tan howe liang time.

I think you are right on this score. Big Grin

is this true????

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/saw-tan...412/page-5

(01-08-2021, 10:00 PM)debono Wrote:  I think you are right on this score. Big Grin

Someone still say need research and back up. He think writing university assignment? And he use info from online citizen. Those endorsements terms are confidential.

(01-08-2021, 10:02 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Someone still say need research and back up. He think writing university assignment? And he use info from online citizen. Those endorsements terms are confidential.

Pl prove TOC wrong lah. 
Not saying Schooling's endorsement deals were dimestore deals, but Sinpwn is a small mkt. At most iz 1 or 2 mills over the years [simi Milo coverboy, speaking engagement etc. Still cannot compare with sports stars from ang mo countries , tiongkok and bolehland. You think is like PAPaya step down ministars of 2day working in GLC  type of money meh.

However, since you use backside and add debono to back your claim, dis wan impossible to refute, Backside logic trumps all facts and figures. I guai guai eat my humble ckt.     Nothingtosay

Something is very wrong in the training.
How come our world class system can fail so badly?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-08-2021, 04:19 PM)drgn Wrote:  but it is better for him to reject.  at least he can keep the record.

he and his coach should know that he could not get into final, based on the daily training record, don't tell me that they never measure the timing.

he is just trying the luck.

but for olympic swimming event, luck can only give him 0.1 sec the most.
If he was to reject, then  someone here will say he is so proud and don't want to represent Singapore (you are born to a nation where it gave you stability, safety, and peace to pursue your dreams means he/she has obligated loyal to the country...)

So represent also die, don't represent also die.. Maybe he should have migrate to another country at his peak, where his value is better appreciated (like selling majority stake of share at the peak of the price)..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(01-08-2021, 07:12 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  All dis is available online. Google it. There is nothing to say he made back what his parents spent on him, maybe you can provide the link to back up your assertions?

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2016/08...mpic-gold/
https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth...net-worth/
My counter argument to all the folks who say country has already repay JS with this example..

1 million invested in a startup with no product (like BNT when they are a nobody), can it be compared to 1 million invested in the same company after it had launch a successful product with worldwide success (eg after Pfizer-BNT vaccine gain worldwide fame and is rated 1 of the better vaccine in the market)..

If someone was to say country has already repaid JS, did they repay 100 times what JS's family has invested in him in his initial stage?? If no, what repayment are we talking about.. This is called market value BTW..

As for product endorsement, some folks here include that as part of 'repayment', but if you look at it, this is a transaction which both parties benefited, so how can this be included as part of the 'repayment'..

Some may not agree with my views, but I am just practicing what this country has taught me, see everything from a Singapore Inc point of view..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(02-08-2021, 10:13 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  My counter argument to all the folks who say country has already repay JS with this example..

1 million invested in a startup with no product (like BNT when they are a nobody), can it be compared to 1 million invested in the same company after it had launch a successful product with worldwide success (eg after Pfizer-BNT vaccine gain worldwide fame and is rated 1 of the better vaccine in the market)..

If someone was to say country has already repaid JS, did they repay 100 times what JS's family has invested in him in his initial stage?? If no, what repayment are we talking about.. This is called market value BTW..

As for product endorsement, some folks here include that as part of 'repayment', but if you look at it, this is a transaction which both parties benefited, so how can this be included as part of the 'repayment'..

Some may not agree with my views, but I am just practicing what this country has taught me, see everything from a Singapore Inc point of view..

My sentiments too. If iz tiongkok oredy huat big time. Even bolehland oso got UMNO sarpot [Najib's wife was big sarpoter]. Whatever Schooling made was short term. Future engagements/deals would have been contingent  on his medalling performance. After dis you think his brand will not be hurt?  Not ony dat, must endure the public's derision. Definitely not worth the Milo endorsement money.

(02-08-2021, 07:10 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Something is very wrong in the training.
How come our world class system can fail so badly?

which part of our system is world class? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(01-08-2021, 09:56 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Use backside to think also know the endorsements are worth a lot. You talk like writing university thesis.

Yes, endorsements can fetch a high price.. Big Grin

(02-08-2021, 10:11 PM)debono Wrote:  Yes, endorsements can fetch a high price.. Big Grin

Marvellous what Milo can do for you.....

Singapore should send schooling to stay beside the swimming pool in US for the rest of 4 years.
DO nothing but sleep and training to swim for next 4 years.