Josh Tan : I will fire $1000 per week into China Tech stocks for 1 year

Before you watch the video, here are my views as some one who has studied stocking investing for last 5yrs.
Stocks before cheap and valuations dip there is always some scary reason. For example the financial crisis when we thought the world was coming to an end. European crisis. Greek debt crisis. Asian crisis. At each of the best buying opportunities one can think of many reasons not to buy stocks hence most investors will miss the opportunity.

There is no certainty that battered down stocks will ever recover. Sometimes they go down and stay down.

In recent months another crisis has grown to a full blown lack of confidence and dismay and pessimism in fact each time investors think we are near the bottom and piece of bad news strikes....from Evergrande to anti monopoly fines to delisting fears. All this on a back drop of a slowing China economy and semicon supply problem.

"It's always darkest before pitch black". ...a saying Peter Lynch advising us of  the difficulty of finding bottoms. For my self I have done so several times with some precision but don't depend on it to save my life or to make money.

Here is where Josh Tan's strategy come in. To spread risk and avoid trying to time the market.

The main risk is that tech stocks in China never come back. This can happen only of China mess up its strategy. Tech stocks drive technology development by reinvesting profits if they do not do well the Chinese govt has to fund tech out of its own pocket and this can never be done efficiently. ...China will just fall behind. So some point the new  regulation  has to stop and let these companies come back. No all will but as a whole the sector will come back.

Josh Tan strategy is a wise one spreading risk over a long time. Buying the ETF so he diversify across many stocks and don't depend on a y particular one. Limiting to $50K so that jf it goes wrong he won't get burnt too badly. But if it follows the trajectory of tech development hisyory he will make out well.

I have already a sizeable holding of China Tech stocks so will not be looking at adding unless some opportunity arises. The entire portfolio is overall  near break even or slight loss or profit so I am not too badly affected by recent events.

However I have one more idea which is riskier but can have much higher payback on my mind I will discuss later in the thread.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.