Josh Tan : Retiring on $1000-$2000 a month.

That's alot. Around $400 should be enough.
Watching the video these retirees are using so much because they waste alot of money to "eat air" 

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Another good video ....
Retirement mistakes

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(22-08-2021, 07:40 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That's alot. Around $400 should be enough.
Watching the video these retirees are using so much because they waste alot of money to "eat air" 

$400 paying for PUB, phone, broadband, Netflix, personal grooming like toothpaste, anti bacteria hand wash, soap, aftershave lotion, etc, dress, washing detergent and household items and food is not enough. $1000 to $2000 is about just right........ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(22-08-2021, 07:54 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  $400 paying for PUB, phone, broadband, Netflix, personal grooming like toothpaste, anti bacteria hand wash, soap, aftershave lotion, etc, dress, washing detergent and household items and food is not enough. $1000 to $2000 is about just right........ Rolleyes
If you cook at home enough lah.
People are wasting $$ eating out so many meals.

(22-08-2021, 07:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you cook at home enough lah.
People are wasting $$ eating out so many meals.
$400 for food may be can just make it but to include phone bill, Wi-Fi bill, pub bill, household cleaning and maintenance utensils, your personal grooming items like shoes and dress and a host of other necessities where got enough ........ Rolleyes

Carl Jung

if housing costs, insurances, durians and lotteries are excluded, 400 maybe still ok.

Work McDonald part time...free meal.

Knnah one graphic card already $9000 want to live on $400 a month. Then suddenly hp or laptop konk out and need new ones how?....... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

Interesting tit bits Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

$400 a month

u will cycle here and there
take bus, must make sure max out the senior rate 93cts
always conscious of 45mins change of bus

always punch on others for free meal, drinks here and there

share food, only volunteer to buy drknks but other pay for food

livjng a pathetic life

this is what my gfs in 60s do
all owns condos

but live life like a miser
punching on others

do you think this is good

(22-08-2021, 07:54 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  $400 paying for PUB, phone, broadband, Netflix, personal grooming like toothpaste, anti bacteria hand wash, soap, aftershave lotion, etc, dress, washing detergent and household items and food is not enough. $1000 to $2000 is about just right........ Rolleyes

You are right.  Electricity and water bill already so high.

$400 you must live like a single dumpster diver.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

$1200 is about right for me (this excludes overseas travel and staycations) based on my more than a decade's experience so far IF I really want to live frugally.

Food is the main expense. Utility bills, newspapers, broadband, mobile phone bills, medical insurance are the other main expenditure items. There are also those once in a long while larger expenses like replacing aircon, tv, washing machine, fridge, sofa, PC etc. Averages to about $1,000-$1,200 per month. I'll take $1,200 to be comfortable.

Just for meal 400 maybe enough but cannot get sick and also not enough to pay utilities bills

One more important bill is medical and dental which must be budgetted in the retiree expenses........ Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(22-08-2021, 08:29 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Knnah one graphic card already $9000 want to live on $400 a month. Then suddenly hp or laptop konk out and need new ones how?....... Rolleyes
Those are optionals...don't buy won't die.

Main problem is medical and dental. If got dental and cannot go Malaysia to do....expenses shoot up..

Medical is the big cahuna

(23-08-2021, 07:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those are optionals...don't buy won't die.

Main problem is medical and dental. If got dental and cannot go Malaysia to do....expenses shoot up..
So dun bathe in order to save water also can as that is optional because dun bathe dun die. Phone knonk out no need to change also can as no phone you won't die, house dun maintain also can as dirty smelly house dun clean also dun die, etc........ Rolleyes

Carl Jung

Go temple eat vegetarian meals for free Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin