June 1: Malaysians can enter Singapore using QR codes instead of passports

From June 1 onwards, Malaysians on their way to Singapore will be allowed to use Quick Response (QR) codes for Immigration clearance at the Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine (CIQ) complexes at the Sultan Iskandar Building (BSI) and the Sultan Abu Bakar Complex (KSAB) to facilitate speedier immigration clearance.

The first stage of QR code implementation will apply to travellers into Singapore by bus at BSI. Those on motorbikes via the automated MBike Immigration clearance system at KSAB, said Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof.

“The immigration officers equipped with handheld QR scanners will board the buses and clear immigration inspection using the QR code system. Passengers are required to show their generated QR code to the officers on board.” /TISG

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore...d=msedgntp&pc=ENTPSP&cvid=c5ba19644ce64232b9d8e72a33c036d0&ei=15

QR code is one of the easiest to hack and enforcement is going to be so difficult...
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

This is great.

If immigration can clear people without coming down from bus it is excellent.

Just go around check passport plus finger print.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-05-2024, 09:22 PM)Sticw Wrote:  QR code is one of the easiest to hack and enforcement is going to be so difficult...

QR code is used for payment so it is secure enough for use by paylah and paynow. 

Explain what you mean by "hack"?

Quite sure the system will properly pair each passenger with the unique QR code.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No change at the sg side, still got to go down the buses?

(28-05-2024, 08:01 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  No change at the sg side, still got to go down the buses?

Only for Malasyia side.

They have some kind of Citizen app that uses something similar to SingPass. They use that to generate a QR code to exit.

I guess if someone wants to cheat he use someone else's app and generate the QR code. So some kind of biometric is needed to make sure its the correct person.

Any tom dick and hairy also can enter SGP without the passport?

No security concerns?

(28-05-2024, 08:39 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  Any tom dick and hairy also can enter SGP without the passport?

No security concerns?

Singapore side no change. 

They can only exit Malaysia side without passport

In future we should all just register biometric to enter and exit ....

Singapore side already have our biometric so actually they don't need our passport.

Malaysia side recorded our biometric using that scan machine so they have biometric of some of those who previously visited.

So it is possible to enter a d exit using just biometric

Still need the ppt and bring along, for banking, money exchange and etc

Ideally both sides just need to scan once and they share the info

Sg drivers aso can use qr code on sg side, no need to present ppt, very fast

I think the QR code scanning is for Bas Kilang aka Msian factory bus inside workers. Test ok then open up for all.

Drove in this morning and just drove home. Both sg sides use qr code.

(09-06-2024, 12:25 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Drove in this morning and just drove home. Both sg sides use qr code.

U go inside do what must be jerk the car pump cheap petrol is it

(09-06-2024, 12:29 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  U go inside do what must be jerk the car pump cheap petrol is it

For brunch, then groceries, then dup many keys, then buy garden accessories, then masaji, then diner, then drove home

(09-06-2024, 12:44 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  For brunch, then groceries, then dup many keys, then buy garden accessories, then masaji, then diner, then drove home

feel shame to claim pump, than keep jerking the car push more air out pump more cheap petrol from MY is it? Last time my cousin friend that property agent always drive his merc or lexus tag with me go in JB also do this , eat cheap foods , than sometimes movie, buy some groccery , than come back pump petrol jerk jerk the car push out more air

(09-06-2024, 12:57 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  feel shame to claim pump, than keep jerking the car push more air out pump more cheap petrol from MY is it? Last time my cousin friend that property agent always drive his merc or lexus tag with me go in JB also do this , eat cheap foods , than sometimes movie, buy some groccery , than come back pump petrol jerk jerk the car push out more air

Aiya not everyone so kiasu like your jerky cousin lah