KF Seetoh: for every day the 2pax restriction exists, hawkers are dropping like flies

For every extra day this 2ppl mandate exists for hawker ctes n kopitiam..something gives- jobs, stall n shop closures, what's left of that little opportunity to earn some street food monies, ability to pay bills, mental wellness, less supply business etc.. (u can imagine the domino effect esp for business folks who rely on footfall. Count yr blessings if you are a salaried person today). I stopped counting after over 150 little hawkers (excluding restns) went belly up..last year. I still get info about closures almost daily.

https://tinyurl.com/m9esz7c9

No leh, my hawker center doing well, good crowd. 
Many makan and got a few stayed chit chat, by and large I see queues in a few stores. Some still tar pow like my regular Malay food, 1 uncle 5 packets lotong to go .... made me waited 5 mins  Angry  
I guess it boils down to if your food is good and priced reasonably.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(27-08-2021, 11:35 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  No leh, my hawker center doing well, good crowd. 
Many makan and got a few stayed chit chat, by and large I see queues in a few stores. Some still tar pow like my regular Malay food, 1 uncle 5 packets lotong to go .... made me waited 5 mins  Angry  

Agree fully. 
Present arrangement is safe and practical. 

Coffee shops and HCs are pretty vibrant and all seats taken up during peak hours

(27-08-2021, 11:38 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Agree fully. 

Coffee shops and HCs are pretty vibrant and all seats taken up during peak hours

Keep it at 2 for the next 2 weeks and maybe increase to 4 or 5 later

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Those with bigger groups can just sit in groups of two.

Sorry it is a hobson choice.:
1. More business for Hawkers and more covid cases ...
2. Less business for Hawkers and fewer covid cases.

1 or 2 take your pick....

Hawker doing well. Many just want free money from govt but vote opposition.

(28-08-2021, 06:33 AM)BigBossX Wrote:  Sorry it is a hobson choice.:
1. More business for Hawkers and more covid cases ...
2. Less business for Hawkers and fewer covid cases.

But why should the hawkers be the one bearing the blunt of the policy?? Is the rental rebate that govt give able to help hawkers to make up of the loss of business??

Using your same thoughts,

1. More business for Hawkers and more covid cases and more pay for you
2. Less business for Hawkers and fewer covid cases and less pay for you

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(27-08-2021, 10:54 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  For every extra day this 2ppl mandate exists for hawker ctes n kopitiam..something gives- jobs, stall n shop closures, what's left of that little opportunity to earn some street food monies, ability to pay bills, mental wellness, less supply business etc.. (u can imagine the domino effect esp for business folks who rely on footfall. Count yr blessings if you are a salaried person today). I stopped counting after over 150 little hawkers (excluding restns) went belly up..last year. I still get info about closures almost daily.

(27-08-2021, 11:35 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  No leh, my hawker center doing well, good crowd. 

(27-08-2021, 11:38 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Agree fully. 

wonder why the disparity in observations.

perhaps those observed by KF are already not doing well or just doing average but exacerbated by the restrictions, so they decided to close shop.

The Bugis cluster looks pretty in bad shape isnt it?
Not to forget the TPY and the Ponggol bus interchange.
Get ready probably going back to p2ha again.

It's between the devil and the deep blue sea.

A highly difficult situation.

If still owners cannot survive anymore, i suggest them close down the business.
This covid issue will drag on for many donkey months.
They can survive for now, for another months, can they survive for at least 6 months down the road?

The SG Economy is still doing badly.

Either people are still suffering from pay cuts after 1 year, or like my friend became part- time, others hold temp jobs as temperature screeners . . .

Should get the FTs to support the Hawkers. Give them unlimited Employment Pass but they do not contribute? Parasites.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Where got problem?
Chee still doing a good job. 
Charity meals to cleaners.

(28-08-2021, 07:04 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Where got problem?
Chee still doing a good job. 
Charity meals to cleaners.

Some popular eateries and stalls will not face direct problem from 2 Pax. But I suppose the remaining stalls will be affected. 

If they provide charity meals, they will close shop faster. Nothing is Free in Singapore.

Our vaccination, our face masks . . . Are all tax payers money.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

This seetoh is a bit siao siao nowadays.

he meant restaurants right?

(27-08-2021, 11:35 PM)The Tangsen Wrote:  No leh, my hawker center doing well, good crowd. 
Yes, it boils down to how good you can dish out the food.  Wholesome and affordable are the two key words

All those in the FB businesses should use this period to improve the quality of their food.  

If the food is good and affordable, people will not mind to travel the distance to have a good meal.

think those in control has done a great jobs.
then life lost is still a sad thing.

my thinking.

vaccine trains our immune system to be able to response faster. therefore curbing the
virus growth in the early stages. much better chance of winning the fight against virus.
it is not a guarantee of no infections as like flu it will get to whoever it can get to.

so still be vigilant. wear your mask. if a person is infected, the mask keep the distance
that the infected person can spread to a minimum. when cough or sneeze do not take down mask and do it into the air.it defeats the purpose of keeping the virus in the infected.

still try to avoid crowded places as the economy open up. going into normal but not yet normal. go work, buy, eat, catch up with friends. go home. to reduce exposure time of risk.

vaccine trained the immune system to response to the alien covid-19 virus. it is still important to keep the immune system working in good conditions. so that it is in best fighting conditions. reduce stress. sleep well. early to bed early to raise. exercise,
get sunlight everyday. eat more vegetables.

if one is sick, your system is not at best. stay home get well first. it is like a person standing on the cliff. any virus can potentially push one over the cliff.

good luck, stay healthy, it will be over soon. hopefully

(27-08-2021, 10:54 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  For every extra day this 2ppl mandate exists for hawker ctes n kopitiam..something gives- jobs, stall n shop closures, what's left of that little opportunity to earn some street food monies, ability to pay bills, mental wellness, less supply business etc.. (u can imagine the domino effect esp for business folks who rely on footfall. Count yr blessings if you are a salaried person today). I stopped counting after over 150 little hawkers (excluding restns) went belly up..last year. I still get info about closures almost daily.

Old news lah u dumbass

(29-08-2021, 10:54 AM)sclim Wrote:  think those in control has done a great jobs.
then life lost is still a sad thing.

my thinking.

vaccine trains our immune system to be able to response faster. therefore curbing the
virus growth in the early stages. much better chance of winning the fight against virus.
it is not a guarantee of no infections as like flu it will get to whoever it can get to.

so still be vigilant. wear your mask. if a person is infected, the mask keep the distance
that the infected person can spread to a minimum. when cough or sneeze do not take down mask and do it into the air.it defeats the purpose of keeping the virus in the infected.

still try to avoid crowded places as the economy open up. going into normal but not yet normal. go work, buy, eat, catch up with friends. go home. to reduce exposure time of risk.

vaccine trained the immune system to response to the alien covid-19 virus. it is still important to keep the immune system working in good conditions. so that it is in best fighting conditions.  reduce stress. sleep well. early to bed early to raise. exercise,
get sunlight everyday. eat more vegetables.

if one is sick, your system is not at best. stay home get well first. it is like a person standing on the cliff. any virus can potentially push one over the cliff.

good luck, stay healthy, it will be over soon. hopefully

All get it wrong. Need to get an education from:
https://www.globalresearch.ca/humanity-m...on/5750260
There are 2 types of immunity:
1. Innate like a baby coming out of baby's mother canal. Not totally unarmed in a poisonuous world.
2. Adaptive. 5~7 days cells have to update Infor. presented.
When the survival of Humanity is at stake, an inflammatory event take place(flu).
Human have 20,000 genes half from viruses of origin. Spider 13,000. Fungi millions.
Fungi is like our www. Each controls abt 1 km of space comunications electrons/photoEnergy powered by the Sun.
All the unseen exist to ensure MAN survival.

We are now being MURDERED

If cannot survive, just close shop and move on.
Not point holding on
This covid will drag on for months.

[+] 1 user Likes Hfourhappy's post

Cut lost n move on.

When u r doing biz, big or small, there is no guarantee dat u will make $$$ or can open forever one? 

A saying 'any one yearning to b a bizman must fail 9 times max before u can succeed in one as a going concern..making lots of $$$ depends on yr luck'

There are thousands of food stalls in Sg.
And many are operating conscientiously even during this difficult period .

If majority can make it, it means the biz is still viable, albeit some maybe earning less.

Those that are finding it challenging must be selling their food at uncompetitive prices ,or unpalatable stuff.

Not profitable or viable just exit, and let others do it !

(29-08-2021, 02:15 PM)hansamu Wrote:  There are thousands of food stalls in Sg.
And many are operating conscientiously even during this difficult period .

If majority can make it, it means the biz is still viable,  albeit some maybe earning less.

Those that are finding it challenging must be selling their food at uncompetitive prices ,or unpalatable stuff.

Not profitable or viable just exit, and let others do it !
While what you said make some sense, I think it is important to acknowledge that there are different types of hawkers:

1) Those who sell great food, and charge at premium price.. This group most likely is not affected even during COVID
2) Those who sell ok food, managed to earn a living in pre-COVID days with office crowd

When everyone worked from home, it is the 2nd group who suffers.

Is it because their food is priced uncompetitively, or unpalatable stuff?? Probably no, because if that is the case, they would be gone before COVID days..

What happen is the customer base that they rely on suddenly disappear due to work from home.. Is that their fault, apparently not.. Maybe some might say they can slash price by x% to attract customers. But it is the same group of hawkers who have razor thin profit margin and can't afford to slash price..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

For those who jabbed already:
Dandelions are so helpful.
https://youtu.be/VLvPrd7L1MQ?list=PL1yqR...2A6fY9b1Q0

And for Man to survive as a specie
we must learn abt the Fungi
how better to update our adaptive immunity b4 it is too late
https://youtu.be/KYunPJQWZ1o?list=PL1yqR...2A6fY9b1Q0

https://www.globalresearch.ca/humanity-m...on/5750260

impo ,3 pax per table is just nice and should be safe, 2 pax per table abit space wastage . must have proper 1:xxx? air replacement vent since we going to live with it till ,since no light in the tunel  until we see light, but when?

(30-08-2021, 11:24 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  impo ,3 pax per table is just nice and should be safe, 2 pax per table abit space wastage . must have proper 1:xxx? air replacement vent since we going to live with it till ,since no light in the tunel  until we see light, but when?

No light possible becos Virus does not exist.