Hing Kong set to grow faster than Singapore as recovery picks up.

[Hong Kong Economy to Grow Faster, Singapore to Slow, Survey Says
ByCynthia Li+Follow

Hong Kong’s economy is expected to grow faster than previously forecast this year as consumer spending rebounds, while growth in rival financial hub Singapore is likely to slow as global demand weakens. ]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...#xj4y7vzkg

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I was comparing prices of a few items such as hp and ipads in HK and Spore and was dismay to find that prices in Spore are much higher than in HK. For example, an ipad mini will cost about sgd988 while in HK it will cost about sgd890, a whopping sgd100 difference.

I'm not sure if our govt realise that while they get more revenue over the high prices, in the long run it's really bad for our economy as people will be shunning purchase.

(02-07-2023, 06:01 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I was comparing prices of a few items such as hp and ipads in HK and Spore and was dismay to find that prices in Spore are much higher than in HK. For example, an ipad mini will cost about sgd988 while in HK it will cost about sgd890, a whopping sgd100 difference.

I'm not sure if our govt realise that while they get more revenue over the high prices, in the long run it's really bad for our economy as people will be shunning purchase.

The difference is mainly in the GST to "help the poor" in SG.

Where is hing kong?

actually way back last year.

there is a report from Financial Times do claim HK will recover fast once Covi19 tone down.

partly also due to China.

(02-07-2023, 06:36 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  actually way back last year. there is a report from Financial Times do claim HK will recover fast once Covi19 tone down.
partly also due to China.

What the f*ck is "Hing Kong" ? Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013