LED vs non LED light bulb

[Image: OFu01NV.jpg]

Left one is non LED $3.50 13W Compact flourescent (CFL)
Right one is LED $7.90 9W (equivalent 18W)

The lifespans of LED is 10 times CFL.
The price is 2.3X

LED is 50% more energy efficient.

I just don't see any case to buy CFL....CFL should disappear from the market completely...but strangely shops are still selling more CFL than LED judging from the number of CFL bulbs on the shelf is double that of LED.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

I still using traditional lamps.

Better than led

(14-03-2023, 09:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: OFu01NV.jpg]

The price  is 2.3X

I just don't see any case to buy CFL....CFL should disappear from the market completely...but strangely shops are still selling more CFL than LED judging from the number of CFL bulbs on the shelf is double that of LED.

LED light cause permanent damage to eyes.............even museums switch back to fluorescent...........paintings were getting their colours faded by the LED light.........

Let's say to replace all 15 lights for new tenant, you could save 4.4x15 = 66 which is quite a lot

(14-03-2023, 09:41 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  LED light cause permanent damage to eyes.............even museums switch back to fluorescent...........paintings were getting their colours faded by the LED light.........

Are you sure,  I don't hear of this phenomenon............................. Big Grin

Led really last longer based on my own experience. I online buy from China those corn shaped led light bulb but take note the wattage listed can be misleading. Buy some not bright enough.

Never never stupid to buy cheap LED … your eyes up lorry soon by save little bit … not worth it 

Bomb

(14-03-2023, 11:30 PM)sgh Wrote:  Led really last longer based on my own experience. I online buy from China those corn shaped led light bulb but take note the wattage listed can be misleading. Buy some not bright enough.

Good quality one 4 years still kicking..

Led might affect your Brain Mind-control
Traditional is soothing
dat the difference
just to pt out the danger in a a already troubled time.
no way to go all gov pushing pushing into something bad dystopia.
take the present Banking next might be bail-in
they want all your mony includ the ones they rob.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

terraforming earth to AI directed intelligence needs 5,xghz license exempt band of which led play quite a significant component
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(14-03-2023, 09:41 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  LED light cause permanent damage to eyes.............even museums switch back to fluorescent...........paintings were getting their colours faded by the LED light.........

It's a form of detox....and it's free

The price  is 2.3X

Did you see the 18w?
It is much brighter. 

You need to compare Apple to Apple.
Do you know LED light bulb can be repaired easily?
But most ppl will dump it away…

13w is not suitable for ceiling light, not bright enough.
This is why it is cheap, no demand.

I don’t think the 9w is selling at $7.90.
Last week, NTUC 12w Philips light giving promotion only selling at $7.15.

Furthermore, the LED light circuit is so small and simple. Dont understand how come they can sell it so expensive.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I only know white light(UV) will make your plastic stuff turns yellow. Rotfl
You need to use UV lamp and add in some chemical solution to make the plastic become white again.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

me regretted to change all my house lighting to LED.

LED lights spoil need to buy new one costing more than $20 and sometime need to rewire unlike non LED light, just change the tube, easier to DIY.

https://youtube.com/shorts/E8b5mDeZXrY?feature=share

LED - $20 minimum and skill to fit it.

non LED tube - $4 the most. simply replacement any tom dick or hairy can do it.

The price  is 2.3X

I have changed all my light bulbs to LED liao lah! Big Grin Save electricity lah!

LED light bulb is safer, it is mostly made of plastic. If you drop it, it wont like glass bulb. May cut and hurt yourself.

Quickly change to quality LED bulbs….
Different batch of light bulbs still can maintain the same colour and brightness.

This team doesn’t sell you cheap electricity.

How to differentiate good LED and lousy LED?

(15-03-2023, 06:44 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  How to differentiate good LED and lousy LED?

Buy Phillips. Although the led light itself lasts 10yrs easily no matter what brand even cheapo brands, the driver components can fail.

If you buy cheap one from online, the driver can fail after 1-2yrs

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I am transitting to LED too

so far its good

just not sure about those in Bathroom because of super high humidity

As for the "damaging effects" of Led on body, it does not come from lighting but Handphones and computers.

Led has blue light emitted when your handphine display is white. This blue light mess up your brain sleep wake cycle. You can buy a screen to filter or turn on night mode.

For lighting to play safe us yellowish light not pur white. However, due to the distance vs a handphone put so near your eyes, the effects are negligible anyway .

Other negative effects likely nonsense fabricated. florescent bulb when they came out to replace incandescent bulbs also have many negative fabrications. Every new technology always have some people come out to fabricate nonsense

Led lights can last for your very long if spoil you can easily repair using pencil or alum foil.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Most of the public lights are changing to LED. Good quality, more expensive, LED can lasts more than 20 years.

More Led chips allow for more power. 

It can be in different colours. Generally, the colours can be warm light, white light and red light.

The input power is important and there is a need to match the power delivery from the respective wire.

Nowadays most of the bicycles are attached with LED lights for night use. I used a torch light with different LED lights recently. Has been around for more than 20 years.

The price  is 2.3X

There is a cheap converter for the base to change to circular turning type.

The most vulnerable component of a led light is the driver, and the cost of it is almost the same as the light. The other problem is the tiny lights are serially connected, so if any one of them spoilt, the entire light won't light up
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

terraforming u is not a one day event.
take for long convit
people take it as the disease is real and they suffer
like poisoning and other terraforming events
[Image: Screenshot-2023-03-15-at-08-28-50-Jim-Crenshaw.png]

(15-03-2023, 07:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Led lights can last for your very long if spoil you can easily repair using pencil or alum foil.

Not recommended. The aluminum will only short the circuit of the broken LED and the rest of the LED will have an increase in operating voltage that will eventually burn them out or shorten their life. Better to replace the broken LED element with another one or with another resistor.

[+] 1 user Likes teaserteam's post

(15-03-2023, 07:42 AM)theold Wrote:  Most of the public lights are changing to LED. Good quality, more expensive, LED can lasts more than 20 years.

More Led chips allow for more power. 

It can be in different colours. Generally, the colours can be warm light, white light and red light.

The input power is important and there is a need to match the power delivery from the respective wire.

Nowadays most of the bicycles are attached with LED lights for night use. I used a torch light with different LED lights recently. Has been around for more than 20 years.

LED  lights may last 10 years or so, but the 'igniter ' may not last as long...............and has to be changed more frequently............ Big Grin

If they make lights that can last a lifetime, they will soon file for bankruptcy.