LHL gives his views on China and the US

Quote:PM Lee Hsien Loong said both powers have presumed incorrectly they would win in any conflict

Over the years, Lee has been vocal in calling for the US and China to avoid a clash that could force smaller nations to choose sides

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast...61tAdS_eNc

They may have misunderstood each other's might, but that is not the gist of the issue. Each country has to do what it has to do. The US will never tolerate another country to supplant them as the big brother, whether economically or militarily. Just like how they sabotage Japan's economy when it grew too big.

China, on the other hand, will always strive to be the central power. And why not. They have always been one, except for a short period in history.

This conflict as we see it now, is bound to happen. Neither side can stop the turning of the wheel. The US, if they see the challenge of China 10 years earlier, could have stopped it. To do so now will incur great damage on itself. To do so later will be even more detrimental.

did anyone ask for his views?

IMO his view is wrong. He thinks the Americans and Chinese are stupid or what? It is better to STFU instead of annoying both the countries....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Despite what LHL is saying in the public, I bet he must be secretly very happy that China and the US are in conflict. I've said this many times, Singapore is an international pimp. We thrived on other countries' conflicts with one another.

Take a recent example. HK as a financial centre is hard-hit recently because of the national security law, and as a result, there's a flight of some amount of capital to Singapore. The Western and Chinese companies which are interested only in making money, and not in politics, will try to circumvent the trade restrictions put in place by going through a middleman. And Singapore could be that middleman.

Thinking I hope he knows what he is doing

(05-08-2021, 11:34 PM)itangg12 Wrote:  Thinking I hope he knows what he is doing

He thinks too highly of himself?
少言是休养。
闭嘴是智慧。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"