LKY makes history winning the Badminton World Championship

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/lo...re-2389841

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

ah butt so excited

(19-12-2021, 10:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/lo...re-2389841

why no live telecast on our local TV station ?

how to support him if there is no live telecast on our local TV station ?
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

SG dont support Badminton la...VTL more important
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

Who is the minister in charge of badminton association?

Lky looks Penangite

If he speaks i believe even more so

Anyone has a video of him speaking?

Penangite ascent very distinct one

Well done LKY.  

All the best in all future challenge.  

(20-12-2021, 11:04 AM)webinarian Wrote:  Well done LKY.  

All the best in all future challenge.  

Hope he can bring back a gold medal for Singapore in future Olympic games......
Clapping Clapping Clapping

(20-12-2021, 10:59 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Lky looks Penangite

If he speaks i believe even more so

Anyone has a video of him speaking?

Penangite ascent very distinct one

Here is the video with his words. He came from Penang with a sports scholarship to study at Singapore Sports School. He speaks like a Singaporean. He also performed his NS. 

He is in every sense a Singaporean. He will make Singapore Sports School famous after that and will make the school a well sought-after school after this news. He is the world champion the school ever produced.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYPBI3w_ckw    

is he the only gold medallist from sss?

(20-12-2021, 11:14 AM)webinarian Wrote:  
Here is the video with his words. He came from Penang with a sports scholarship to study at Singapore Sports School. He speaks like a Singaporean. He also performed his NS. 

He is in every sense a Singaporean. He will make Singapore Sports School famous after that and will make the school a well sought-after school after this news. He is the world champion the school ever produced. 

Where is the video?

I will be the judge of whether he sounds Penangite or not

Nothing wrong disclosing he is Penangite

He is Malaysian by birth afterall and as a Penangite, he should not end up sound Singlish

(20-12-2021, 11:14 AM)webinarian Wrote:  

Iz serve or do NS, not perform yah.  Nerd
Dis ah boy's joy is so pure and infectious, see oredy oso feel joy for him. He is still  a Penangite at heart  but he did Sinpwn proud. Good for him!
Come on, many pple we see as Sinpwneans are oso from Bolehland eg Huang Wenyong, Christopher Lee, David Gan etc.

eta. I stand corrected, in US they use 'perform' military service. In UK they use 'served' in the army.

(19-12-2021, 10:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/lo...re-2389841

He got a Malaysian looks. Just like other Nationals we can tell them apart by just looking at them- Thais, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia. China. More so when they open their mouth. Their accents cannot run.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

(20-12-2021, 12:01 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  He got a Malaysian looks. Just like other Nationals we can tell them apart by just looking at them- Thais, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia. China. More so when they open their mouth. Their accents cannot run.

No leh, he sounds Sinpwnean to me. Those English ed Bolehlanders dun have the dialect/Malay accents. Met a no. of Bolehlanders that I thot were Singaporeans but turned out to be from Bolehland.

Aiya....in most people's eyes, he won, so he is true blue Singaporean. If he lost, he is Malaysian. Ha...

(20-12-2021, 12:01 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  He got a Malaysian looks. Just like other Nationals we can tell them apart by just looking at them- Thais, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia. China. More so when they open their mouth. Their accents cannot run.

actually depend " if " one when just a baby , kid stay in that country and study all the way till grad
their accent already like locals.

You can see those American Chinese, when they are young in USA study there , than work.

actually some PRC when they speak english got that American tone and even speak better than us locals partly they go take English lesson themselves. In China all along those english teachers give lesson are mostly Americans. Not only they teach, they themselves some also knows how to speak Mandrian.

There are also quite a lot western folks speak good Mandrian partly they stay in China or Taiwan for years , learn to speak etc
their accent really sound like PRC or taiwanese when they speak.

It doesn't matter if he is born in Penang, the important thing is that he had become a Singapore citizen.  In the USA, there are many sportsmen/women who hails from other countries but has been 'brought' by USA..... Clapping Clapping Clapping

(20-12-2021, 12:10 PM)debono Wrote:  It doesn't matter if he is born in Penang, the important thing is that he had become a Singapore citizen.  In the USA, there are many sportsmen/women who hails from other countries but has been 'brought' by USA..... Clapping Clapping Clapping

That's not the view of most forumers here of our Chinese ping pong talents.

So you are proud of our Chinese ping pong talents import turn Singaporean.

(20-12-2021, 12:09 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Aiya....in most people's eyes, he won, so he is true blue Singaporean. If he lost, he is Malaysian. Ha...

What about our ping pong talents from China.  Thinking

If they came ias kids and are Singaporean from then onwards. .that is okay.

If we go to China to poach champion of GuangZhou with money for instant talent and pay to get glory instead of nurturing talent over long periods.
That would be a different story. It's like buying talent

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

aiya it's winning or losing that matters, not so much of true blue or not. just look at those ping pong teams and swimmers

when they won, there're vvip receptions and bus tours around towns. else got scoldings from everyone

(20-12-2021, 11:19 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Where is the video?

I will be the judge of whether he sounds Penangite or not

Nothing wrong disclosing he is Penangite

He is Malaysian by birth afterall and as a Penangite, he should not end up sound Singlish

Already posted there。    

Loh Kean Yew 🇸🇬 is the new World Champion! “I am super, super happy. I do not need to hold back” - YouTube

(20-12-2021, 12:42 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  aiya it's winning or losing that matters, not so much of true blue or not. just look at those ping pong teams and swimmers

It is different.   

He attended Singapore Sports School in secondary school education and he completed NS like any other Singaporean.  

Many muddysian bodoh bery salty and sour now.

Muddysian Bodoh bery jealous of Stinkapore and stinkaporeans, they will find every opportunity and try and up one us but unfortunately they only can use petty stuffs like food and once in awhile sporting glory. They also wanna find petty quarrels with IndoMeesia …..over batik …. KNN

Anyway Stinkapore got better things to do that play this petty like fugg games.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

He speaks just like typical neighborhood sinkee youth

(20-12-2021, 02:12 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  He speaks just like typical neighborhood sinkee youth

Can you forward a video clip of LKY speaking, so that we can be a judge of his accent..... Clapping Laughing

[Image: 2Jyu5RE.jpg]

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(20-12-2021, 02:19 PM)debono Wrote:  Can you forward a video clip of LKY speaking, so that we can be a judge of his accent..... Clapping Laughing

This is video recording his speech after the victory.    

Loh Kean Yew 🇸🇬 is the new World Champion! “I am super, super happy. I do not need to hold back” - YouTube   

(20-12-2021, 02:19 PM)debono Wrote:  Can you forward a video clip of LKY speaking, so that we can be a judge of his accent..... Clapping Laughing

Uncle it's in the news whole day, CNA hourly ...