LTA reversal on EZ-Link phase out is a reminder that systems should serve people

LTA's reversal on phasing out adult EZ-Link and NETS FlashPay cards is a reminder that systems should serve people, say two experts. Read the commentary:

https://cna.asia/42bDsRI
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

Actually who are those who cant use simply go?
Or is it the reversed new one is not user friendly eg can't display balance?

What serve people.
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post

Experts rushing to talk when problem comes, during the process of developing they diam diam...this is called 马后炮!

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

We shouldn't watse taxpayers money on changing to new AI for the sake of changing and yet not becoming more user friendly?
Keep saying our resources is limited yet keep wasting money just to look good on the facade of the system.
No wonder the cost of living keep indirectly inflated by all these wastage.If we want to be United with the rest of the Asean we should have our own mindset . The rest of the world though have vast history than us yet their life has never be better, why we still blindly follow after their style?
We should make it better thru their flaws.
[+] 2 users Like Ernesto's post

I remember a PAP Minister in Parliament who said “Show me the money” to help the people. However, they can suddenly say out loud $40Million to fix their own mistakes without any parliamentary motion. Such dangerous elites making decision without careful thoughts.
[+] 2 users Like Wy:Nox's post

I am curious - Why some SGtalker suddenly are so vocal and KPKB about LTA U-turn when previously no one complain about SimplyGo which has been around for sometime until recently ?

Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(26-01-2024, 11:51 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Experts rushing to talk when problem comes, during the process of developing they diam diam...this is called 马后炮!

事后孔明lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

(26-01-2024, 11:51 AM)Ernesto Wrote:  We shouldn't watse taxpayers money on changing to new AI for the sake of changing and yet not becoming more user friendly?
Keep saying our resources is limited yet keep wasting money just to look good on the facade of the system.
No wonder the cost of living keep indirectly inflated by all these wastage.If we want to be United with the rest of the Asean we should have our own mindset . The rest of the world though have vast history  than us yet their life has never be better, why we still blindly follow after their style?
We should make it better thru their flaws.

Don't worry, the $40miliion to continue operating the EZlink system already sponsored by Bolehland tax payers.... Big Grin

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ail-289151

(26-01-2024, 11:46 AM)red3 Wrote:  What serve people.

Why not ?

(26-01-2024, 12:10 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am curious - Why some SGtalker suddenly are so vocal and KPKB about LTA U-turn when previously no one complain about SimplyGo which has been around for sometime until recently ?

Big Grin

Actually I haver never used nor any simply exist.😅
Until when it is announced EZ link and Flash net can only use for Parking and ERP.What the.....🤔🤔

(26-01-2024, 02:27 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  Actually I haver never used nor any simply exist.😅
Until when it is announced EZ link and Flash net can only use for Parking and ERP.What the.....🤔🤔

Then the issue is none of your concern loh ? Big Grin

(26-01-2024, 12:05 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  I remember a PAP Minister in Parliament  who said “Show me the money” to help the people. However, they can suddenly say out loud $40Million to fix their own mistakes without any parliamentary motion. Such dangerous elites making decision without careful thoughts.

Ah Chee should quietly step down to save face. If it happened to Oppo, the PnP will ask the Oppo to hara kiri, like Ah Cow had mentioned.

Thinking

https://images.app.goo.gl/NJwxBU7sVSFzo3p59

SimplyGo ok what

Check fare for fark? No money dun take lor, can walk what..

(26-01-2024, 05:26 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  SimplyGo ok what

Check fare for fark? No money dun take lor, can walk what..

It may overcharge you especially when you taking the bus number with alphabet.  The bus driver may forget to do resetting for the first bus stop. If only 1 person taking the bus still not so bad. What if one whole family taking the same bus.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(26-01-2024, 10:25 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  LTA's reversal on phasing out adult EZ-Link and NETS FlashPay cards is a reminder that systems should serve people, say two experts. Read the commentary:

https://cna.asia/42bDsRI

Everything can blakang pusing one lah! Big Grin Ke blakang pu--sing!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(26-01-2024, 03:59 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Then the issue is none of your concern loh ? Big Grin

I feel for the vulnerable ma...🤒
[+] 2 users Like Ernesto's post

this is a learning events. like doing feasibilities studies etc. don't listen to those words like deep dive etc, all consultant talk no substance at all. word probably started by some sales consultant trying to impress a clinet who likes diving. then parrot consultant start copy cat. when heard big words that does not make sense be aware.
others like change control etc is jsut new word for system analysis changing from one system to another. wonder how much the consultant knows about change when he use the word.

when one do a studies it must be complete to cover all areas.. like if one uses internet for feed back then those not using internet miss out. at least engaged a credible professional company that does research for feed back. a simple google type of setup does not work in real case. hope people learn. no free lunch got to spend to get real reasons and solutions.

Give you past 15 YEARS, you still cannot prove you can serve us

So how? Give you another 15 YEARS to prove, lor.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(26-01-2024, 07:58 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  
(26-01-2024, 03:59 PM)Manthink Wrote:  
(26-01-2024, 02:27 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  Actually I haver never used nor any simply exist.😅

Then the issue is none of your concern loh ? Big Grin

I feel for the vulnerable ma...🤒

LOL!  you "feel for the vulnerable" ?  Then you should offer free rides in your vehicle. Why wait ? Big Grin

(26-01-2024, 06:27 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Everything can blakang pusing one lah! Big Grin Ke blakang pu--sing!

Sounds like u are referring to Bolehland habitulal "U turns" .... not because for its "vulnerable M'sians" but rather for its saving own ruling class self interest  Big Grin

5 years ago, Some1 said PAP treat us as numbers in their Stats report

So we suffer is our Business so long as they get overpaid for being stupid

(26-01-2024, 11:46 AM)red3 Wrote:  What serve people.

(28-01-2024, 12:18 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Sounds like u are referring to Bolehland habitulal "U turns" .... not because for its "vulnerable M'sians" but rather for its saving own ruling class self interest  Big Grin

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(28-01-2024, 12:26 PM)Ola Wrote:  5 years ago, Some1 said PAP treat us as numbers in their Stats report
So we suffer is our Business so long as they get overpaid for being stupid

9 years ago LTA says it wanna build more sheltered walkways to MRT and bus stops...

5 years ago, they achieved that 200km milestone, and will be building more such shelters for public commuters.

Between 2018 to 2023, can you tell me how PAP uses numbers to improve public tpt system experience vs experience of JB workers at their CIQ ?  Big Grin

[Image: Covered-walkway-Singapore-LTA-Walk2Ride-...-photo.jpg]

[Image: ciq-crowd.jpg]
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/mo...uters-2018

(26-01-2024, 09:34 PM)Ola Wrote:  Give you past 15 YEARS, you still cannot prove you can serve us

So how? Give you another 15 YEARS to prove, lor.
cmi lah.😀