Lai Tek was the son of a Vietnamese father and a Chinese mother.
Information 

It was the beginning of the 20th century in French Indochina (present-day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos), characterized by a strong rise in nationalism against colonialism and the growing influence of political ideologies such as communism. 

Since 1887, France had control of these three countries, while in the south, the current countries of Malaysia and Singapore were in British hands.

"Suddenly, the French exchanged Lai Teck with the British, who needed informants. He was their ideal man"

As soon as he entered prison, the young communist sold his freedom in exchange for information for the French secret service, an enemy of the Communist Party to which he was affiliated.

Lai Teck never served the interests of the communist forces in Singapore. Instead, he found himself with British police commando officers, passing into the service of the other colonizing nation: Great Britain.

Teck won the support of his people because all the actions of the MCP were victorious by not having a response from the British, which quickly led to his being elected Secretary General in 1939.

The British were overwhelmed by the forces of Emperor Hirohito, so they had no choice but to team up with the PCM to fight together against this new invading enemy. Everything was in vain, and the English forces along with the communists were defeated, in a war that culminated on February 15, 1942 with the capture of Singapore and the surrender of the colony.

By then, Lai Teck was already on a new side. Arrested by the Kempeitai, the Japanese secret police, he agreed to work with them in exchange for his life to further pave the way to victory for Japan. The British did not learn that he was in the pay of the Japanese until after the war.

After several investigative operations, they discovered that he had not only collaborated with the British and Japanese, but also at the beginning of everything with the French.

https://www.elconfidencial.com/alma-cora...o_3400334/

Traitors never do badly ,most do very well.

This guy not even born in sinkie land or Malaya. Lol

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lai_Teck

First time I have heard of this joker. Only read about Chin Peng from my history books Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin