Landed property in S'pore for under $1M...here's how

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Lease balance less than 50 years, cannot pass to children.

landed properties at Sembawang were under 1 million not long sgo.

(11-12-2021, 06:38 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Lease balance less than 50 years, cannot pass to children.

Its like CPF Life...how much bequest to children.
For some people property is for them to live and enjoy....for others they want to pass to children.

Suppose you end up with 2.3M when you retire...since you are retired you want a bigger space as you stay home most of the time so big home is important.

Instead of paying 2.3M for freehold  you pay 1M.....you now have free to use 1.3M cash....to enjoy your retirement.

Leasehold has a certain purpose and fill certain needs

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Freehold property after 99 years still have value, unlike 99 years hdb leasehold totally zero value.

intermediate units hv very little land, no car park lot. corner ones are much better

but for 1m not much choice

One mil can only get those lease hold with less than 40 years left. The freehold in the worst areas in Singapore like kranji or sembawang will fetch $1k min psf.

1mil can get left 25 years lease bungalow at city fringe.

(11-12-2021, 06:47 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Its like CPF Life...how much bequest to children.
For some people property is for them to live and enjoy....for others they want to pass to children.

Suppose you end up with 2.3M when you retire...since you are retired you want a bigger space as you stay home most of the time so big home is important.

Instead of paying 2.3M for freehold  you pay 1M.....you now have free to use 1.3M cash....to enjoy your retirement.

Leasehold has a certain purpose and fill certain needs
Looking at your calculation basically you want a comfortable home for retirement with enough money for living out the last part of your life.

If that is the case, then it is better to buy a BTO flat which cost much less and more comfortable if you spend some money doing up the interior. ... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(11-12-2021, 07:11 PM)dynamite Wrote:  One mil can only get those lease hold with less than 40 years left. The freehold in the worst areas in Singapore like kranji or sembawang will fetch $1k min psf.

1mil can get left 25 years lease bungalow at city fringe.

go Perth buy landed properties lah, 500k for 600sqm with swimming pool, freehold. Cheapest in Australia as nobody wants to live in Perth, too isolated, far away from rest of the cities.

(11-12-2021, 07:13 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Looking at your calculation basically you want a comfortable home for retirement with enough money for living out the last part of your life.

If that is the case, then it is better to buy a BTO flat which cost much less and more comfortable if you spend some money doing up the interior. ... Rolleyes

There are leases for retirement homes, 180-200k only,  one bedroom plus living room, kitchen  and bathroom. 20 year or 39 year lease. Garment will take back after you die.

(11-12-2021, 07:21 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  go Perth buy landed properties lah, 500k for 600sqm with swimming pool, freehold. Cheapest in Australia as nobody wants to live in Perth, too isolated, far away from rest of the cities.

I have done some research. Not cheap for more centralised areas. Apartments with swan river view is one mil plus for two bedders. The price you stated can getJoondalup area. Mandurah area even cheaper, can get killed there and get dumped in the river. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(11-12-2021, 07:25 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I have done some research. Not cheap for more centralised areas. Apartments with swan river view is one mil plus for two bedders. The price you stated can getJoondalup area. Mandurah area even cheaper, can get killed there and get dumped in the river. Laughing

why buy apartment in CBD? buy a house near Scarborough beach will do. Apartments have no land no value, only foreigners buy apartments in the city, Aussies dunt.

(11-12-2021, 07:25 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I have done some research. Not cheap for more centralised areas. Apartments with swan river view is one mil plus for two bedders. The price you stated can getJoondalup area. Mandurah area even cheaper, can get killed there and get dumped in the river. Laughing

Mandurah is 45km from CBD, too far away and not safe in that area.

(11-12-2021, 07:24 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  There are leases for retirement homes, 180-200k only,  one bedroom plus living room, kitchen  and bathroom. 20 year or 39 year lease. Garment will take back after you die.

I think Ah Butt wants something better and more comfortable than those 20 years LH retirement home build by PAP that probably look like an old folks home. Ah Butt as a successful investor will probably reired at 55 yo. Assuming a life span of 100 years, 20 years LH is not enoiugh for him.

I dun recommend landed for single retirees as it involves a lot of maintenance unless he is very rich and employs maids and workers to do....... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

1m is sup sup water for ah butt. if really wants one just go for it lah. you keep it in the bank it's just a number which is eroding everyday

(11-12-2021, 07:13 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Looking at your calculation basically you want a comfortable home for retirement with enough money for living out the last part of your life.

[Image: 0365-A4-CC-BC60-45-B8-A22-F-944-D9525-A81-E.jpg]

[Image: 8-D30-D657-3-A9-B-40-BA-8-A75-4-EE0415308-A2.jpg]

[Image: 7-Banbury-Way-Butler.jpg]

500-700k only

(11-12-2021, 07:40 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think Ah Butt wants something better and more comfortable than those 20 years LH retirement home build by PAP that probably look like an old folks home. Ah Butt as a successful investor will probably reired at 55 yo. Assuming a life span of 100 years, 20 years LH is not enoiugh for him.

I dun recommend landed for single retirees as it involves a lot of maintenance unless he is very rich and employs maids and workers to do....... Rolleyes

then can buy 1 or 2 room HDB lor.

[Image: 20211211-194507.jpg]

for condos, 1m can't buy anything decent nowadays

Can buy nice freehold landed house in Penang!

https://www.penangproperties.com/ferringhi-heights.html

(11-12-2021, 07:44 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  then can buy 1 or 2 room HDB lor.

one room may be too small for him as he got a lot of electronic gadgets like ear buds, bicycle pumps and foldable bicycles to store. So 2 room should be fine for retirees. As one age, a large house becomes a burden especially with cleaning unless he spend unnecessary money hiring a maid..... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(11-12-2021, 07:28 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  why buy apartment in CBD? buy a house near Scarborough beach will do. Apartments have no land no value, only foreigners buy apartments in the city, Aussies dunt.

Scarborough area no such price you mentioned.

(11-12-2021, 06:38 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Lease balance less than 50 years, cannot pass to children.

Less than 50yrs old … why buy? Just rent lor

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(11-12-2021, 08:41 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Scarborough area no such price you mentioned.

can get a house for 700k there

look around at the neighbourhood, the surrounding and nearby amenities, the unit's conditions, if you think you like it and can stay in it for another 10 to 20 yrs or longer, why not? a better environment can often bring about better luck and fortune

(11-12-2021, 09:00 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  can get a house for 700k there

I want stay in thornlie

(11-12-2021, 09:07 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I want stay in thornlie

too far, can stay in Southern River where many Sporeans live, 500k for a big house. Can also consider Cannington near the big shopping mall, not far from the city. Actually I like Victoria Park.