Last week I took the MRT on Tues morning at 8am - this is what happened

1. The train was fully packed so to go in you need to push the people inwards to create a space near the door for youself to stand.

2. Saw quite a few wearing mask as people are just so packed they are breathing into other people's faces.

3. Some people could not get in and are left on the platform.
As bodies on the train are just so packed some are pressing onto others.

[Image: OGQUmbp.jpg]

I suggest the following ....

1. Make it compulsory to put bags on the ground. That is because our legs occupy an narrower space than our upper body.  When one carry bag above the waist it causes lack of space as people are pressing against each other.

MRT already has campaign for this bag down but it has to be made compulsory because nobody follows the suggestion.

[Image: ilbAPwf.jpg]

2. Remove most of the seats on the train. It makes no sense to have seats when people can't get on the train and are left standing on the platform. The whole row of seats can be remove excrpt 2 or 3 to allow for elderly and pregnant women to seat.

3.  Recommended people wear masks on the train as diseases spread easily in such a small crowded space.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

All along like this during peak hours ever since Govt open doors widely to CECA.

CECA influx quite a lot than PRC, expats over the years.

One thing also more Malaysian coming in SG work due to SIN dollars.

(01-10-2023, 11:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  All along like this during peak hours ever since Govt open doors widely to CECA.

CECA influx quite a lot than PRC, expats over the years.

One thing also more Malaysian coming in SG work due to SIN dollars.

How the trains become so packed is a separate topic. The people are already here as we hit a new peak population.

The only thing we can do is improve situation on the train like removing seats to increase capacity.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

aya,, Japan,, Korea, which country peak hour their train never pack,,

bo pian le.. hong kong i work there last time also pack in the morning.. how???
i think now even worse with more ppl..HK the MTR vy fast, u miss only next min come already.
at least faster than sillypore.

(01-10-2023, 11:06 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  How the trains become so packed is a separate topic. The people are already here as we hit a new peak population.

The only thing we can do is improve situation on the train like removing seats to increase capacity.

Those future gen will not experience good old days of 80s how taking MRT is enjoying EPIC now You pay MORE TO STAND and SQUEEZE ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3iHljCrLM

(01-10-2023, 11:06 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  How the trains become so packed is a separate topic. The people are already here as we hit a new peak population.

the problems will just repeat itself soon.

increase in population => train breakdown => public inquiry => change mrt ceo => change transport minister => 70% vote PAP => cycle repeat

Lao Goh time was golden era lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-10-2023, 10:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. The train was fully packed so to go in you need to push the people inwards to create a space near the door for youself to stand.

2. Saw quite a few wearing mask as people are just so packed they are breathing into other people's faces.

3. Some people could not get in and are left on the platform.
As bodies on the train are just so packed some are pressing onto others.

[Image: OGQUmbp.jpg]

I suggest the following ....

1. Make it compulsory to put bags on the ground. That is because our legs occupy an narrower space than our upper body.  When one carry bag above the waist it causes lack of space as people are pressing against each other.

MRT already has campaign for this bag down but it has to be made compulsory because nobody follows the suggestion.

[Image: ilbAPwf.jpg]

2. Remove most of the seats on the train. It makes no sense to have seats when people can't get on the train and are left standing on the platform. The whole row of seats can be remove excrpt 2 or 3 to allow for elderly and pregnant women to seat.

3.  Recommended people wear masks on the train as diseases spread easily in such a small crowded space.

All your suggestions had been implemented years ago.  Laughing

heng I drive no such problem.

Govt should increase MRT fare to deter those nothing to do retirees or auntie morning taking mrt going to exercise or go breakfast..