Late LKY says in SG hospitals diagnostic results in 90 mins, is it possible today?

Late LKY says in Singapore hospitals, diagnostic results be out in 90 mins, is it possible today?

Comparison to London Royal Hospital in 2003

"Speaking at a community event on Sunday, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, who is still senior minister and wields considerable power, said his wife suffered the stroke on the evening of October 25 while accompanying him on a trip and that he found himself unable to get a speedy diagnosis.

"In Britain, at night, no private hospitals have a CT scan team," he said. "So we had no choice but to go to a National Health Service hospital near our hotel. 

If she was in Singapore ... within 90 minutes flat, we'd know exactly what went wrong because we have emergency services round-the-clock."

Mr Lee said he then asked the Singaporean high commissioner in London to pull strings. "He rang up and got through to 10 Downing Street. Because of 10 Downing Street, the CT scan was done at 3.30am. And then the blood clot could be seen clearly."

4 November 2003 (20 years ago)"

Yes possible, only if you go to Mount Elizabeth, Gleneagles, Mount Alvernia

(01-03-2024, 07:55 AM)mrclubbie Wrote:  Yes possible, only if you go to Mount Elizabeth, Gleneagles, Mount Alvernia

Only for the rich and famous

Not for streets cardboard collectors

What a pity?

Too many sick people lah

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Yes, it's possible, but probably for white ministers and their families only.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

(01-03-2024, 10:49 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Yes, it's possible, but probably for white ministers and their families only.

Ok... understandable 
Possible late LKY is talking for himself

LKY didn't say that that ordinary folks can get diagnostic results in 90min hor.

Ignore List: Oyk

(01-03-2024, 10:06 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Too many sick people lah

Thats why Singapore is not ranked among Top 5 Healthiest Countries.

Too much eating out hawker food

(01-03-2024, 07:35 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Late LKY says in Singapore hospitals, diagnostic results be out in 90 mins, is it possible today? Comparison to London Royal Hospital in 2003

LKY was comparing apples with oranges. Any hospital in S'pore (especially a public sector facility) would have dropped everything to pay attention to any member of the Lee Family. 

(01-03-2024, 11:07 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  LKY didn't say that that ordinary folks can get diagnostic results in 90min hor.

In fact, 90 mins benchmark should apply across the board irrespective who's being diagnosed..

In Australia, PM Albanese still join the queue

For him yes 90min. For common people we usually 9hours la.

$8 heart bypass surgery possible or not? Possible but only for KBW. Ordinary citizens not possible. Same logic applies.

(01-03-2024, 06:34 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  For him yes 90min. For common people we usually 9hours la.
[Image: LHL.jpg]

You go private of course very fast. You go public hospital and can wait and wait. It goes on for months for appointments, by that time, it is already over.

(01-03-2024, 06:34 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  For him yes 90min. For common people we usually 9hours la.

9 hours considered fast

Rather than results came out after patient up lorry..

(01-03-2024, 06:35 PM)winbig Wrote:  $8 heart bypass surgery possible or not? Possible but only for KBW. Ordinary citizens not possible. Same logic applies.

Exploitation

(01-03-2024, 06:30 PM)Scythian Wrote:  In fact, 90 mins benchmark should apply across the board irrespective who's being diagnosed..

How do you know he join the queue? Dun bullsh*t without showing evidence. And also pls let us know if it is possible in Australia to get diagnostic results within 90min. If not, just STFU.

Ignore List: Oyk

(01-03-2024, 06:52 PM)Scythian Wrote:  9 hours considered fast

Rather than results came out after patient up lorry..

That one very fast. Havent finish crying the funeral casket staff will pass name card outside door. Think got kopi money one.

(01-03-2024, 07:28 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  That one very fast. Havent finish crying the funeral casket staff will pass name card outside door. Think got kopi money one.

Singapore Govts jobs creation for Singaporeans..

(01-03-2024, 07:55 AM)mrclubbie Wrote:  Yes possible, only if you go to Mount Elizabeth, Gleneagles, Mount Alvernia

Raffles also.  And our public horsepower as well.  They go home after day time operation hours but are on call... standby.  We don't have this ang moh culture of "Closed means closed, and I will go on strike if you dare to ask me to come back to attend to emergency cases"

For a brain scan, it should be MRI, not CT Scan ba.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(01-03-2024, 11:07 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  LKY didn't say that that ordinary folks can get diagnostic results in 90min hor.

HSK recovered fully from his aneurysm.  It shows what SGH can do to save lives. If it were the UK, he would not be so lucky....I don't wish to write what the loss of blood supply to the brain can do. I have seen too many and I know. You go read it up. Wink

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(02-03-2024, 09:14 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Raffles also.  And our public horsepower as well.  They go home after day time operation hours but are on call... standby.  We don't have this ang moh culture of "Closed means closed, and I will go on strike if you dare to ask me to come back to attend to emergency cases". For a brain scan, it should be MRI, not CT Scan ba.

I tried to buy a battery charger for my laptop in London just before 5 pm as the store owner was preparing to shut for the day. I thought he would sell me the product before locking up, but he told me to come back the next day. This would never happen at a small business in SG; he wasn't an employee, but the owner. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(02-03-2024, 10:34 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I tried to buy a battery charger for my laptop in London just before 5 pm as the store owner was preparing to shut for the day. I thought he would sell me the product before locking up, but he told me to come back the next day. This would never happen at a small business in SG; he wasn't an employee, but the owner. 

The Scandinavian might oblige

Late LKY heart operation under
"Victor Chang, Australian

A national hero, Victor Chang was hailed as “the most prominent doctor in the southern hemisphere”, and his revolutionary work in the field of heart transplantation had implications for cardiac patients, not only in Australia and Southeast Asia but around the globe."

(01-03-2024, 06:30 PM)Scythian Wrote:  In fact, 90 mins benchmark should apply across the board irrespective who's being diagnosed..

I have to come back next day to see my diagnostic report.

(03-03-2024, 01:33 PM)puntfast2 Wrote:  I have to come back next day to see my diagnostic report.

Thats true, 90 mins is only for rich and powerful

(02-03-2024, 10:34 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I tried to buy a battery charger for my laptop in London just before 5 pm as the store owner was preparing to shut for the day. I thought he would sell me the product before locking up, but he told me to come back the next day. This would never happen at a small business in SG; he wasn't an employee, but the owner. 
Shop assistant is paid by per hour, he willing to spend his own extra time to serve u, good for u. If he doesn't, nothing wrong.

You might say, still got 5 min what, then the question is can u finish the purchase within 5 min? If not, then it is back to my original point.

Morale of the story is dun expect ppl to serve u outside of what they are paid for.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(01-03-2024, 06:35 PM)winbig Wrote:  $8 heart bypass surgery possible or not? Possible but only for KBW. Ordinary citizens not possible. Same logic applies.
A good point to noted. Not many can experience a SGD$8/- heart bypass lehh, economic bad times is here lehh.

[Image: IMG-20240202-WA0006.jpg]

(04-03-2024, 11:11 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  A good point to noted. Not many can experience a SGD$8/- heart bypass lehh, economic bad times is here lehh.

[Image: IMG-20240202-WA0006.jpg]

He bought a one way ticket to Singapore

Now, no money to go back