Lau Pa Sat Cheers Employee mistook that he had rights..further thoughts on the matter

In most countries you have the right not to show your ID, unless you are suspected of a crime, committed a crime or guilty of a crime. The Police cannot demand your ID to do investigation.

I believe the Lau Pa Sat Cheers employee is genuinely unaware he has no such rights in Singapore pertaining to the demand of law enforcement for his ID.

Unlike what's people think, this is not a straight forward thing. For example if the police say they want to search you - do you allow them? If they want to enter your car or house without a warrant...do you allow them?

The thing is there are certain things the police will ask and we can say NO. ..others which we have to comply. If you don't know whether you need to comply you will ask which is what the Cheers employee did

Initially like everyone I laugh at the behaviour of the Cheers employee and feel he should be fired. But on further reflection he could have been nervous and anxious and therefore behaved in that manner.

Also, was there anything in his education , employee training or citizen manual that tells him how he should interact with the police ? If not we are having unrealistic expectations that everyone will magically know all this. In reality there will be many who are unaware how to interact with the police.

Just on the matter of showing ID, it is not universal common sense and logic...in fact most developed countries citizens  don't have to show ID when asked.....under the exact same set of conditions as in the Lau Pa Sat Cheers situation ..see the video I posted. Many are unenlightened on this.

I find it unfortunate they took the easy way out an just sack him when they should upgrade their employee training because it is lacking. Worse still Cheers is under NTUC a cooperative that is suppose to stand on the side of workers. If person is highly educated and knows the law chances are he will not be manning a cash register at Cheers.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(07-01-2023, 02:13 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In most countries you have the right not to show your ID, unless you are suspected of a crime, committed a crime or guilty of a crime. The Police cannot demand your ID to do investigation.

I believe the Lau Pa Sat Cheers employee is genuinely unaware he has no such rights in Singapore pertaining to the demand of law enforcement for his ID.

Unlike what's people think, this is not a straight forward thing. For example if the police say they want to search you - do you allow them? If they want to enter your car or house without a warrant...do you allow them?

The thing is there are certain things the police will ask and we can so NO. ..others which we have to comply. If you don't know whether you need to comply you will ask.

Initially like everyone I laugh at the behaviour of the Cheers employee and feel he should be fired. But on further reflection he could have been nervous and anxious and therefore behaved in that manner.

Also, was there anything in his education , employee training or citizen manual that tells him how he should interact with the police ? If not we are having unrealistic expectations that everyone will magically know all this. In reality there will be many who are unaware how to interact with the police.

Just on the matter of showing ID, it is not universal common sense and logic...in fact most developed countries citizens  don't have to show ID when asked.....under the exact same set of conditions as in the Lau Pa Sat Cheers situation ..see the video I posted. Many are unenlightened on this.

I find it unfortunate they took the easy way out an dust sack him when they should upgrade their employee training because it is lacking. Worse still Cheers is under NTUC a cooperative that is suppose to stand on the side of workers.

your finding is utterly nonsense

the cheer guy CALLED the POLICE
once you CALLED THE POLICE and once the police arrived it is become a crime investigation whether there is a crime a not
during police crime investigation the police MUST KNOW who are they dealing with which they NEED to ask for identification from relevant parties that is involved in the crime investigation

cause the police got to write a REPORT to their IO with correct details those involved in the alleged crime reporting

the cheer guy MUST give him identification

the working in AGC
the PP also told me that the cheer guy or you can also ask for the following police identification.
their police badge
poilce badge number
from which police station
and from which police department

for you to follow up the investigation
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post
Photo 

(07-01-2023, 02:34 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  your finding is utterly nonsense

once you CALLED THE POLICE and once the police arrived it is become a crime investigation whether there is a crime a not
during police crime investigation the police MUST KNOW who are they dealing with which they NEED to ask for identification from relevant parties that is involved in the crime investigation

cause the police got to write a REPORT to their IO with correct details those  involved in the alleged crime reporting

The employee asked if he needed to show ID and his legal.right under the law. At no time, he 
 refused to show his ID.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-01-2023, 02:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The employee asked if he needed to show ID and his legal.right under the law. At no time, he 
 refused to show his ID.

he called the police
he GOT TO SHOW ID

the POLICE NEED IT IN THEIR REPORT WRITTING

(07-01-2023, 02:41 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  he called the police
he GOT TO SHOW ID

When the Cheers employee asked in what rule that he must show his ID, the police answered it is in the section 65.............. Laughing

(07-01-2023, 02:41 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  he called the police
he GOT TO SHOW ID

Yes and the police should inform him of his rights and what he needs to do and address his concerns and queries about the law.....

(07-01-2023, 02:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes and the police should inform him of his rights and what he needs to do and address his concerns and queries about the law.....

in singapore 

everyone must show ID to the blues in UNIFORM!
IN UNIFORM!

you can refuse to show ID to those NOT in UNIFORM l
people not in uniform are .....
people on the street 
your employer
and plain cloth CID do not have the right to ask for ID

plain cloth CID need to ask for police in uniform to be presence to ask you for ID 

that is how is works
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(07-01-2023, 02:53 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  in singapore 

IN UNIFORM!

people on the street 
your employer

plain cloth CID need to ask for police in uniform to be presence to ask you for ID 

that is how is works

Plain clothes CID personnel do carry a warrant card to verify that they are part of a police force........ Big Grin

(07-01-2023, 02:58 PM)debono Wrote:  Plain clothes CID personnel do carry a warrant card to verify that they are part of a police force........ Big Grin

yes

you STILL can refused to show ID to him
but the plain cloth CID has to right to detain you on the spot and the plain cloth CID  got to call for  police in uniform to be present and arrive on the spot

as the police in uniform arrived you got to show ID
no ID means illegal undocumented alien can be arrested
Cool 

(07-01-2023, 02:53 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  in singapore 

IN UNIFORM!

people on the street 
your employer

that is how is works

Can you show me report or video that the Cheers employee did not hand over his ID?

Nobody is disputing he needs to show his ID and I believe he did so. 

And before he did so he has the right to ask about his legal right and seek clarification on the matter.

Talk cock lah... Don't identify one self how SPF continue to investigate and at least not scammed by some fake folks?? Lol

(07-01-2023, 03:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Can you show me report or video that the Cheers employee did not hand over his ID?

Nobody is disputing he needs to show his ID and I believe he did so. 

And before he did so he has the right to ask about his legal right and seek clarification on the matter.

sorry 

your kind of rule of law does not work in singapore

you got to show ID and
you can ask for poilce ID
after you show your ID and have the police ID

after that 
you can walk in to any police station to ask for your RIGHTS and follow up on the investigation with the poilce ID you have during the exchange

that how it works in singapore

Stupid Cheers employee. Better deport him.

i tell you something

this cheer guy can be called up by the police later and charge him for obstructing police investigation

the case is NOT CLOSED YET
one case become two case now

one for obstructing police investigation,
the other is the drunk man police impersonating incident

(07-01-2023, 03:01 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes

you STILL can refused to show ID to him
but the plain cloth CID has to right to detain you on the spot and the plain cloth CID  got to call for  police in uniform to be present and arrive on the spot

as the police in uniform arrived you got to show ID
no ID means illegal undocumented alien can be arrested

Don't talk so much nonsense, can or not?

It is not mandatory to hand over ID, unless the police tell you the basis of asking for it and this basis must be enshrined in police procedures, like they must tell you that they suspect you of something, etc. Another thing, citing Section 65 is already wrong. You don't cite Sections to a lay person. You have to explain it to the person. Then again, Section 65 is already bullshit, as it is not anything to do with traffic whàtvever. 

Don't come here bluff ok. You farking stewpig idiot!

The police  said he he needed to show ID under section 65.

[Image: v2bqVc3.jpg]

Please read section carefully. The person is required to give his name and address under Section 65 if there is an offence committed by the person  and seen by police or person is accused of committing an offence.

The police did not explain the offence. Where is the part he is seen or accused of offense ...that allows police to demand particulars?

Section 65 does not allow police to demand for particulars during an investigation. ..

If the police has quoted the wrong section of the law ...why should the employee be sacked.

The employee has duty of manning the store business and is torn between the business and aiding the police investigation. 
.although he was behaving in an anxious manner he did not do anything wrong.

(07-01-2023, 03:17 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Don't talk so much nonsense, can or not?

It is not mandatory to hand over ID, unless the police tell you the basis of asking for it and this basis must be enshrined in police procedures, like they must tell you that they suspect you of something, etc. Another thing, citing Section 65 is already wrong. You don't cite Sections to a lay person. You have to explain it to the person. Then again, Section 65 is already bullshit, as it is not anything to do with traffic whàtvever. 

Don't come here bluff ok. You farking stewpig idiot!

AGC PP told me this hor

singapore police in inform HAS THE RIGHT TO ARREST ANYONE even if the person and anyone is NOT and DOES NOT involve in ANY CRIME

dont believe 

YOU CAN ASK THE AGC PP

you dont farking act smart what section what scetion

i worked in AGC

(07-01-2023, 03:21 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  AGC PP told me this hor

singapore police in inform HAS THE RIGHT TO ARREST ANYONE even if the person and anyone is NOT and DOES NOT involve in ANY CRIME

dont believe 

YOU CAN ASK THE AGC PP

i worked in AGC
Please lah, dun bluff so much

Is your nose very long now?

You AGC is saying SG is like NK, is it? Can anyhow arrest people ah? Must write report one you know

(07-01-2023, 03:25 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Please lah, dun bluff so much

Is your nose very long now?

You AGC is saying SG is like NK, is it? Can anyhow arrest people ah? Must write report one you know

i do not need to prove SG is like NK

it is like NK

hope one day 

you become the subject

i worked in AGC

yeah i forgot to tell you

in USA is innocent until proven guilty

in singapore it is ALL are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT

(07-01-2023, 03:30 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  i do not need to prove SG is like NK

it is like NK

hope one day 

you become the subject

i worked in AGC
I find this hard to believe

You must be lying

(07-01-2023, 03:21 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  AGC PP told me this hor

dont believe 

YOU CAN ASK THE AGC PP

i worked in AGC

Thought you said you work in a bank when we discussed credit card numbers a few days ago. So now you work in AGC when the topic of discussion is about police procedure. ..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(07-01-2023, 03:41 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Thought you said you work in a bank when we discussed credit card numbers a few days ago. So now you work in AGC when the topic of discussion is about police procedure. ..... Big Grin

i work in both AGC and the bank
six months here and six months there

roaming officer

(07-01-2023, 02:34 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  your finding is utterly nonsense

cause the police got to write a REPORT to their IO with correct details those  involved in the alleged crime reporting

the cheer guy MUST give him identification

the working in AGC
the PP also told me that the cheer guy or you can also ask for the following police identification.
their police badge
poilce badge number
from which police station
and from which police department

for you to follow up the investigation

Wow!  You must be very senior or high ranking to have the PP talk to you directly.  Usually such cases are not discussed with members of public.  Also, DPPs or APPs handle such matters before highlighting salient issues to their respective HODs Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

The employee should have checked what is section 65 first to see if he's really required to show his id.

(07-01-2023, 03:41 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Thought you said you work in a bank when we discussed credit card numbers a few days ago. So now you work in AGC when the topic of discussion is about police procedure. ..... Big Grin

Next time if discuss about tray return, he'll also work there.  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(07-01-2023, 04:53 PM)winbig Wrote:  Next time if discuss about tray return, he'll also work there.  Rotfl
He ish ShareExchange's boss?  Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(07-01-2023, 04:53 PM)winbig Wrote:  Next time if discuss about tray return, he'll also work there.  Rotfl
Laughing

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Hello !! what the conclusions ?!!! 
Show or not show ?!! 

Thinking

(07-01-2023, 06:09 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Hello !! what the conclusions ?!!! 
Show or not show ?!! 

Thinking

Alamak you all Always show half balls .. must have happy ending stories ma 

Opasnie-1

https://media.tenor.com/lNrKFF6bR50AAAAM...addles.gif