Legendary Bill Ackman buys Neflix stock when others sold - here's why ..

He highlighted in shareholder letter  he has waited long time for a chance to buy.

When stock plunge he bought 1B of stock while others sold.

For me I have not bought. The reason is not that it is not good but the big big hidden gems is the stock collapse of China streaming companies like iQiYi  but the gem is not this one but others in this space. The gem is not in video streaming as govt has moved in to regulate.so heavily they need to send every movie script for approval before filming. Movie is capital intensive and caused Neflix go have negative case flow for years until today it is still negative.

The real money in Chinese streaming is in music. The are are only 2 main players Tencent Music and Cloud Village with 80% and 20% respectively. Everyone else is gone. The % of paying users recently crossed 10%  about 270 yuan on average.  The 2nd change is the anti monopoly laws means that Tenecent Music cannot have sole exclusive control over artiste. This level the playing field for Cloud Village. 

Thus narrows down to Cloud Village as the best pick in China streaming space. However  the stock price has not reached my buying point for long term investing...I will wait.

https://www.ft.com/content/ba5ab83c-3a84...58b358ef69

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.