Like his predecessors PM Lee to stay on as Senior Minister..what I think

Then maybe Mentor Minister later on.

That is after 20yrs as prime minister.

The idea of passing in a leadership role is to start afresh to look at problems of the state with new perspectives. That is  why in many successful democracies have term limits and leadership transition during which former leaders totally relinquish any role they have in govt.

This is to avoid long term mistakes of having old leaders around to make you stay the course when you are on the wrong course.

Often the evidence you are on the wrong course only becomes undeniable decades later. Look at our birth control policies of the 70s. 3 decades later it resulted in a shortage of workers which becomes the justification to import more foreigners. The solution became a problem and there was no change of course until it was too late.

Our outward success masks a myriad of problems in our society. Just recently we saw a record number of elderly dying in their homes alone and were undiscovered until neighbors reported the stench of rotting corpse. We don't know because we don't see and understand only when it's too late. 
Thus is the pattern repeated across many problems faced by our society from low fertility to rising poverty. Politicians treat everything like it is business as usual managing the symptoms and ignoring the root cause.

For many years it is known that decreasing fertility is cause by rise in population density. Instead of acknowledging the root cussed leaders resort to blaming Sibgaoireans for not wanting kids. But when surveyed Singaooreans cited problems with housing and high cost of livng as the main reasons for not having more children. Herein lies the inconvenient truth for the regime addicted to importing workers to spur economic growth over the tougher  but more sustainable  path of improving productivity of the existing workforce.

[Image: tz79A79.jpeg]

When cannot continue to have an economy distorted towards creating jobs for foreigners when Singaaporeans are struggling to cope with the high cost of living.

To me PM Lee staying on as Senior Minister means we cannot expect changes that will significantly improve our lives and enhance the Singaoorean society. The direction we are headed is only good for the elites and those connected to them. The ordinary citizens suffer as a result.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(17-04-2024, 09:34 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Then maybe Mentor Minister later on.

The idea of passing in a leadership role is to start afresh to look at problems of the state with new perspectives. That is  why in many successful democracies have term limits and leadership transition during which former leaders totally relinquish any role they have in govt.

This is to avoid long term mistakes of having old leaders around to make you stay the course when you are on the wrong course.

Often the evidence you are on the wrong course only becomes undeniable decades later. Look at our birth control policies of the 70s. 3 decades later it resulted in a shortage of workers which becomes the justification to import more foreigners. The solution became a problem and there was no change of course until it was too late.

Our outward success masks a myriad of problems in our society. Just recently we saw a record number of elderly dying in their homes alone and were undiscovered until neighbors reported the stench of rotting corpse. We don't know because we don't see and understand only when it's too late. 
Thus is the pattern repeated across many problems faced by our society from low fertility to rising poverty. Politicians treat everything like it is business as usual managing the symptoms and ignoring the root cause.

For many years it is known that decreasing fertility is cause by rise in population density. Instead of acknowledging the root cussed leaders resort to blaming Sibgaoireans for not wanting kids. But when surveyed Singaooreans cited problems with housing and high cost of livng as the main reasons for not having more children. Herein lies the inconvenient truth for the regime addicted to importing workers to spur economic growth over the tougher  but more sustainable  path of improving productivity of the existing workforce.

When cannot continue to have an economy distorted towards creating jobs for foreigners when Singaaporeans are struggling to cope with the high cost of living.

To me PM Lee staying on as Senior Minister means we cannot expect changes that will significantly improve our lives and enhance the Singaoorean society. The direction we are headed is only good for the elites and those connected to them. The ordinary citizens suffer as a result.

The birth control policy was right at that point in time. We do not need so many people then because unemployment is high. What's the use of having so many unemployed people who are unskilled and the govt needs to find a way to feed them? Like now, India is obviously having too many people and I think they need to trim their birth rate. So stop harping on the birth rate control.

You need to propose solutions instead of just complaining.

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

The idea of passing in a leadership role is to start afresh to look at problems of the state with new perspectives. That is  why in many successful democracies have term limits and leadership transition jn which former leaders totally relinquish any role they have in govt.

Often the evidence you are on the wrong course only becomes undeniable decades later. Look at your birth control policies of the 70s. 3 decades later it resulted in a shortage of workers which becomes the justification to import more foreigners. The solution became a problem and there was no change of course until it was too late.

Your boomer parents didn't replace themselves sufficiently by only having you. You'll send us to extinction by staying single. Yet you have the cheek to write so much about the TFR but didn't give Singapore even 1 baby.

Having new citizens and foreigners working here on various categories of Work Permits is a blessing in disguise. We can pick and choose how many FTs we need, what skills we need. We do the same with FWs. If we need cai png cooks, we let more jhks in. If we need caregivers in nursing homes, we bring in Burmese and Pinoys to keep costs manageable 

If we had instead made our own babies and ended up with 2.5 million Sgbuffet (that's the number of foreigners we have now), that's a serious problem when locals like him  摆烂 or 躺平.

Imagine that we need IT and healthcare professionals but because we gave birth like cockroaches, we ended up with people who only entered ITE. And we have no room to bring in FTs because we have 6 million 'born here raised here' locals. We don't even have room for the 350k construction workers. It will be SGD 1 = RM 0.9.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(17-04-2024, 09:46 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The birth control policy was right at that point in time. We do not need so many people then because unemployment is high. What's the use of having so many unemployed people who are unskilled and the govt needs to find a way to feed them? Like now, India is obviously having too many people and I think they need to trim their birth rate. So stop harping on the birth rate control.

Seems that you can be fair if you want to.

Indeed too many unemployed peepur at that taim would only lead to..no choice, stomach hungry.... more crimes in that Singapore I knew which was already infested with secret societies.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

If lives are so gd for the elites then why not try to be them? At least try to work harder before giving up and bailan tangpin?

Sgbutt wants to 斩草除根.

(17-04-2024, 10:09 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Sgbutt wants to 斩草除根.

PM Lee wants to pass on his knowledge which he has done the last 20 years and also pass on the mistakes which requires a Fresh New Team to clean up.

He's unhappy with anybody and anything except himself and india

SINCE HE IS SO RICH WITH A FORTUNE >70M 
WHY NOT COPY TRUMP JUST TAKE $1 SALARY AS SNR MINISTER?
ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN WHY ?

(17-04-2024, 09:46 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The birth control policy was right at that point in time. We do not need so many people then because unemployment is high. What's the use of having so many unemployed people who are unskilled and the govt needs to find a way to feed them? Like now, India is obviously having too many people and I think they need to trim their birth rate. So stop harping on the birth rate control.

That is the wrong thinking if unemployment was high at that time they should tackle the root cause 
By restricting babies when unemployment js high makes no sense because those babies need employment only 24yrs later.

It looks like a short sighted policy.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-04-2024, 09:34 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  To me PM Lee staying on as Senior Minister means we cannot expect changes that will significantly improve our lives and enhance the Singaoorean society. The direction we are headed is only good for the elites and those connected to them. The ordinary citizens suffer as a result.
[Image: LHL.jpg]

(17-04-2024, 12:43 PM)talky Wrote:  SINCE HE IS SO RICH WITH A FORTUNE >70M WHY NOT COPY TRUMP JUST TAKE $1 SALARY AS SNR MINISTER? ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN WHY ?
[Image: Cash.jpg]

(17-04-2024, 10:04 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If lives are so gd for the elites then why not try to be them? At least try to work harder before giving up and bailan tangpin?

When Goh Chok Tong promised S'poreans the Swiss standard of living, he was referring to the Top 20%. The 80% only got the Swiss cost of living.

(18-04-2024, 07:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is the wrong thinking if unemployment was high at that time they should tackle the root cause 
By restricting babies when unemployment js high makes no sense because those babies need employment only 24yrs later.

You think one solution means it will solve all present and future problems? How can it be? I can guarantee u that even if they didn't have birth control in the past, our growing affluence and elevation of women status will also subsequently lead our current state. Just look at Japan, Korea and Taiwan.

People complaining will complain again... Rotfl

He is there to make sure LW will hand back PM position to 3rd gen of Lee family, like what lky did to woodie goh

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Mickey don't have children....

(20-04-2024, 02:48 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  He is there to make sure LW will hand back PM position to 3rd gen of Lee family, like what lky did to woodie goh

I think the possibility is low. I happened to see LHY outside recently and he's still wearing his slippers. You look at him you'll think that he's a vagrant. No one will vote for him.

PM Lee cannot step down unless he dies

Remember one member said that once he becomes a commoner

He can be sued left and right

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(17-04-2024, 10:04 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If lives are so gd for the elites then why not try to be them? At least try to work harder before giving up and bailan tangpin?

Well said! Nobody owes us a living. Sinkies who wish to live in a house or condo and own a car have to work harder and smarter. Don't expect the MIW to make both cheaper so more people are able to afford them. Most of the private property and car owners of today are HDB upgraders. 

(18-04-2024, 07:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is the wrong thinking if unemployment was high at that time they should tackle the root cause 

No, see the poster, is stop at 2. 
The problem is we go well below 2. 

And it is downtrend since 1975
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgr...?width=880&height=440&id=SPDYNCBRTINSGP
Amazing during two economic crisis 1986  1999 in LKY and GCT time
Sg birth rate did rebounded.
But this scenario did not happen during economic crisis under LHL

senior minister paycheck is....

WHATS WRONG WITH COLLECTING MORE MONEY

(20-04-2024, 04:54 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I think the possibility is low. I happened to see LHY outside recently and he's still wearing his slippers. You look at him you'll think that he's a vagrant. No one will vote for him.
U see LHY recently?? Want to bullshit also find the right person.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(20-04-2024, 04:54 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I think the possibility is low. I happened to see LHY outside recently and he's still wearing his slippers. You look at him you'll think that he's a vagrant. No one will vote for him.

May be got hongkong foot. Even in board meeting also wear flip-flops.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-04-2024, 09:50 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  U see LHY recently?? Want to bullshit also find the right person.

Why is it not possible to see him outside?

(20-04-2024, 10:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Why is it not possible to see him outside?

U see him in your wet dream is it? So where did you see him in your dream?

Last time Goh Chok Tong was a stepping stone and seat warmer for Lee Hsien Loong from Lee Kuan Yew lah! Big Grin Maybe Lawrence Wong also lah!

(21-04-2024, 02:23 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  U see him in your wet dream is it? So where did you see him in your dream?

If you dun believe so be it. Why talk about wet dreams?

(21-04-2024, 03:10 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  If you dun believe so be it. Why talk about wet dreams?

Of coz I dun believe. Which is why I ask u where you met him?

(21-04-2024, 03:12 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Of coz I dun believe. Which is why I ask u where you met him?

Nope. You didn't ask me where I met him. You ask a rhetorical question which is bordering sneering.

I'm not going to argue with you as time and again you've shown yourself fixated on certain things and refuse to be open about other possibilities.