Likely case of insider trading in MapleTree NAC..merger

Rose to a peak while market was falling then halted for major announcement....

This is has happened may times. Leaking sensitive information of listed companies is a serious offense and happened repeatedly....yet nothing is done.

You don't see such blatant breaches on the NYSE. People who use insider information faced decades in jail...last being raj rajaratnam who went to jail.

Yet the slack policing on the Singapore exchabge is allowed to continue and regulators never build up the investigative capabilities after so many years.

Imagine you are one of those who sold to someone with insider information,  you would have lost potential profits.

I am rather fed up. It shows that level.of ethics is low and so is the enforcement of laws....

I see it  many times it is highly disappointing. 

It's a myth Singapore has good governance. One just needs to look at incidents like these.

[Image: DoDGk3x.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Now trading 1.13/1.14. Still cheap as the NAV is 1.19

Laughing

(03-01-2022, 09:13 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  Now trading 1.13/1.14. Still cheap as the NAV is 1.19

Depends on how much is Mapletree CT falls ...the 1.19 is based on $2 pricing.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This overlapping price chart from Financialhorse.com suggests the information leaked somewhat from last week of November. Red being MNACT and Green being MCT. MCT and MNACT prices clearly diverging.

Also, MNACT is the most heavily trade stock by value in Singapore on 27 December, one day before the trading halt.

[Image: Picture16-1.jpg]

The leakage is corroborated by one forummer named "Lobster" in sharejunction who shared in mid-Nov that he got wind of something happening within the Mapletree group.

http://www.sharejunction.com/sharejuncti...icId=11247&recordCount=80

Quote:Lobster
Master Posted: 15-Nov-2021 08:37
Heard, mega corporate development within the group.. otw, possibly by early next year. No insider news, just heard from cofffee lady.

Massive insider trading going on.

(03-01-2022, 11:56 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Massive insider trading going on.

The losers are the small retailers

Laughing