Long queues form at wet markets following Jurong Fishery Port's closure

Long queues form at wet markets following Jurong Fishery Port's closure

UPDATED44 SEC AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTER
SINGAPORE - The closure of Jurong Fishery Port has affected fish suppliers and market stalls, and also caused a bit of anxiety among shoppers, who were seen snapping up fish in wet markets on Saturday (July 17).

Fish suppliers took to social media to announce they would not be taking any new orders, while market stalls selling fish sold out early for the day.

A teacher in her 40s, who wanted to be known only as Catherine, was among the early birds who managed to get some fish before the stalls closed.

She said: "I was a little concerned when I heard about the situation. Since I live near Clementi wet market, I come here to buy fish at least once a week, not only for myself but also for my family. I plan to purchase a little more today, perhaps twice the usual amount I buy."

The two-week closure of Jurong Fishery Port from Saturday to July 31 is meant to help break the chain of Covid-19 transmission and enable deep cleaning after a cluster emerged there.

I heard fresh fish price may escalate for next 14 days and there may be shortage as well........ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

No fish, meat also good lah

Can consider frozen fish. 
Someone from FB Donki group shared abt baking Saba fish with toaster. I tried and it turned out quite ok, compared to frying with oil pan that causes fishy smell in the whole house.

I go to the wet market every 2 weeks. This week didn't go.

Another cluster formed at wet market?

To be honest, better to buy rear sea fish than sea fish.
Sea fish eat those plastics and in return we eat the fish.

Save the world. Be a vegan Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

I bet another few clusters will come from sinkies flocking to wet markets. Just eat frozen fish for two weeks, won't die right?

Sometimes people are real fugging puss.ies ... a few days no fish wont die one, same for meat, veggie and others .... always got frozen alternative

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Actually ntuc or giant or SS have right?
Or buy frozen fish meat in the packet .

boh hoo heh yah hoh.

(18-07-2021, 12:00 AM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  boh hoo heh yah hoh.

Hello should be BOH HOO SO TONG YAH HOH.

姜太公钓鱼原者上钩 Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

This morning West Coast wet market, no fish. ?

Wet market now no fish.

Eat chicken lah

If whole wet market close how?

My place market, fish uncles aunties all no open, maybe go poke nose

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin