be a rich man of the poor not other way round be a poor man of the rich

there are many rich people who see their 10cts as a bull cart save every peeny  q to take free things no going holidays to enjoy

spend ard 2k for a wk to enjoy at the worlsd biggest sea resort ,biggest crusie ship of 20storey high 
thsi  lusurious ship was built at ard US$2b 

but then is already fully booked till 2026

save  yr 2 k for a period of ard 24 mths

It's no fun to be poor. Dun try lah

[Image: Enough.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like EvertonDiehard's post

(20-03-2024, 10:38 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  It's no fun to be poor. Dun try lah

I am poor and debt free....Does that consider fun or not ? Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(20-03-2024, 10:43 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  [Image: Enough.jpg]

By that rational, Capitalism will cease to exist... 

Then everyone can live free and own nothing....Communist style... Big Grin

(20-03-2024, 12:11 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am poor and debt free....Does that consider fun or not ? Big Grin

You say leh?

(20-03-2024, 10:32 AM)talky Wrote:  there are many rich people who see their 10cts as a bull cart save every peeny  q to take free things no going holidays to enjoy
spend ard 2k for a wk to enjoy at the worlsd biggest sea resort ,biggest crusie ship of 20storey high thsi  lusurious ship was built at ard US$2b 
but then is already fully booked till 2026 save  yr 2 k for a period of ard 24 mths

I am sure you are rich enough to  get your broken keyboard replaced or enroll to a short course in writing... Big Grin

(20-03-2024, 12:13 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You say leh?

It's not what I "say", but rather how one thinks... Big Grin
[Image: leslie-wolgamott-financial-freedom.jpg]

https://www.cnbc.com/select/being-debt-f...acts-life/

I think it is better to be poor among the rich thsn to be rich among the poor.  This is because from my observation the poorest of the rich is usually richer than the riches of the poor.      Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-03-2024, 12:12 PM)Manthink Wrote:  By that rational, Capitalism will cease to exist...Then everyone can live free and own nothing....Communist style... Big Grin

On the contrary, what "need no more" means is that you have finally achieved financial freedom i.e. mortgage on your home is fully paid up, you have enough savings and investments so that you may retire early if you wish to and you have reached a state of contentment. You have to earn enough to get to that state where you "need no more".  

(20-03-2024, 12:27 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think it is better to be poor among the rich thsn to be rich among the poor.  This is because from my observation the poorest of the rich is usually richer than the riches of the poor.  

I agree 100%. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king, but I rather have both eyes functioning and be among the many who are able to see clearly.

(20-03-2024, 12:33 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  On the contrary, what "need no more" means is that you have finally achieved financial freedom i.e. mortgage on your home is fully paid up, you have enough savings and investments so that you may retire early if you wish to and you have reached a state of contentment. You have to earn enough to get to that state where you "need no more".

Then that image you shared is misleading at best, and a lie at worst.

[Image: Enough.jpg]

(20-03-2024, 12:27 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think it is better to be poor among the rich thsn to be rich among the poor.  This is because from my observation the poorest of the rich is usually richer than the riches of the poor.      Big Grin

Then Spore is the right place to be.

Ignore List: Oyk

(20-03-2024, 12:27 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think it is better to be poor among the rich thsn to be rich among the poor.  This is because from my observation the poorest of the rich is usually richer than the riches of the poor.      Big Grin

yah  Big Grin

rich among the poor received lower handout too  Laughter-13

You want to be the bottom students in a top sch, or top students of a lousy sch?

(20-03-2024, 04:43 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You want to be the bottom students in a top sch, or top students of a lousy sch?

same rational as creative ex ceo sim w wsaid:
better to be a big fish in a small pond to become a small fish in a big pond

The top monk in a small temple, or a small monk in a big temple?

(20-03-2024, 10:32 AM)talky Wrote:  there are many rich people who see their 10cts as a bull cart save every peeny  q to take free things no going holidays to enjoy

spend ard 2k for a wk to enjoy at the worlsd biggest sea resort ,biggest crusie ship of 20storey high 
thsi  lusurious ship was built at ard US$2b 

but then is already fully booked till 2026

save  yr 2 k for a period of ard 24 mths

Ya lor ya lor. Then later end up terminal cancer at age 50, die before even collecting CPF. That’s life.

(20-03-2024, 04:43 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You want to be the bottom students in a top sch, or top students of a lousy sch?

I choose being the bottom students in top school.

Reason: brand name matters much more after you graduate and go into working world. Plus the connections and network you have made in top school.