Forum: Hope for Chinese Singaporeans to objectively evaluate China's actions

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...as-actions

(14-05-2022, 07:16 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...as-actions

Chinese SGreans have always being objective towards the PRC. Else we won't be the largest FDI in that country. Perhaps ST Editoris should publish the view of SGrean about US and its naked hypocrisy and why PRC-US relationship has everything to do with race and culture, not ideology or "democracy"
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

Even our outgoing US-educated Chinese SGrean PM also cannot tahan the total lack of objectivity towards China's action by certain western gov. Wink

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singap...32925.html

(14-05-2022, 07:36 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Chinese SGreans have always being objective towards the PRC. Else we won't be the largest FDI in that country. Perhaps ST Editoris should publish the view of SGrean about US and its naked hypocrisy and why PRC-US relationship has everything to do with race and culture, not ideology or "democracy"

how usa fought to include china in GATT and WTO...and how US companies set up factories in China and transfered western tech to china all forgotten.

now propaganda is how ccp single handedly lifted chinese out of poverty.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(14-05-2022, 08:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  how usa fought to include china in GATT and WTO...and how US companies set up factories in China and transfered western tech to china all forgotten. now propaganda is how ccp single handedly lifted chinese out of poverty.

I like the way you believe  magnanimous exist in US's geopolitical game - But you forget before "usa fought" for China entry to WTO, the Chinese were already practicing Open-Door policy for over 20 years...22 to be exact since 1978.
And in those 2 decades , GM,  Chrysler, Apple Inc were many  of the large US coy setting up factories to "help" the Chinese  - along with other MNCs  like VW, Siemen, Toyota, Sony etc etc...Today, this tradition continue with Musk's Telsa Mega-factory. In short, it is not US gov, but rather US businessmen and entrepreneurs "help" make China Great Again... Now there are the Americans the Chinese love to thank since they also help their American partners to be super rich coy from Apple Inc to Telsa.

(14-05-2022, 08:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  how usa fought to include china in GATT and WTO...and how US companies set up factories in China and transfered western tech to china all forgotten.

now propaganda is how ccp single handedly lifted chinese out of poverty.

Why dont u say USA make use of China cheap labor? If China not smart can copy ah?

Can u ask PAP can copy China FREE public transport? Or can truly retire at age 55?

(14-05-2022, 09:12 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Why dont u say USA make use of China cheap labor? If China not smart can copy ah?

Can u ask PAP can copy China FREE public transport? Or can truly retire at age 55?

The Chinese are certainly smart when come to understanding why some don't like them to succeed...It is indeed about race.. Why shouldn't Chinese SGrean be happy to see China has prospered over the years ? Even our UK-educated LKY himself wanted China to succeed which he had publicly expressed in a 1967 interview.

That ST Forum article is about RACE, not about China... The author, unsurprisingly, is a non Chinese person. - "Vijayakumar P.TWink

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...as-actions
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

A rebuttal from a "Lawrence Loh Kiah Muan"

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...-misplaced
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(14-05-2022, 09:24 PM)depdepenetrator Wrote:  the thing is that people thought chinese is one the problem is that Chinese IS NOT ONE
there is the hongkong cantonesethere is the taiwan hokkeinthere is the tibet the Lhasa Tibetan
Chinese is not one and can never be one

Errrr. I can say no Chinese say they are "One" since we understand China is a Civilization state, not a ethnocentric country like Japan or Korean tries to be.  The fun fact about China is it is an amalgamation of many cultural over several thousands of years.

The thing about the Chinese is we don't expect others to understand us, but rather we prefer to understand others.

Can you imagine what the World will be like if  Aussie, American or Brit to behave like that ?

(14-05-2022, 09:24 PM)depdepenetrator Wrote:  the thing is that people thought chinese is one

the problem is that Chinese IS NOT ONE

there is the hongkong cantonese
there is the taiwan hokkein
there is the tibet the Lhasa Tibetan

Chinese is not one and can never be one

FREE HONGKONG
FREE TAIWAN
FREE TIBET

F...k off chao Ah Neh!

[Image: E86-D8239-A8-F1-4-C7-C-A3-D6-CB1456-CEEC32.png]
[+] 2 users Like CHAOS's post

China is West Taiwan lah… Laughing

(14-05-2022, 11:26 PM)pervertosan Wrote:  China is West Taiwan lah… Laughing

It all about relativity even from an island province POV.
Kinda of like saying Bolehland is North SG or Batam is South SG. Laughing

(14-05-2022, 11:18 PM)CHAOS Wrote:  F...k off chao Ah Neh!

For some odd reason, some South Asian has grudges against ethnic Chinese.

for those us ang moh friends that i have. no one talk about hate of china. they love to go there for shopping ktv.
who cares about the political system.
it is the politician that is creating a wave after another. and i think most politician also no bad feel about china.
it is just some motivated parties doing all the pushing in the political circle.
imagine if whole world all peaceful then budget for army related will be reduced. etc. so one can guess what happen. there got to be a few imaginative enemy to keep the engine running.
from hate created of middle east extreme (who is extreme no know). hate for russia, hate for north korea, china etc. do they really hate them. how has these affected their life?
hate china i can understand because that is comming up to challenge their world number 1 position in economy. and threaten their position to usd as world currency. all these needs to be handled. and really world is better to keep status quo. china can be extrme when they need to do something. just look at the way covid lock down happen. they still living in the years of your father say better follow. even their citizens don't beleive after a while and if they insist they are heading for doom. ie to be replaced in extreme.

(14-05-2022, 07:16 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...as-actions
Will Indians side with India? Of course will lah. This farking chao ah neh trying to stir shit by writing this kind of thing in the forum. Angry
[+] 3 users Like winbig's post

(14-05-2022, 11:49 PM)sclim Wrote:  for those us ang moh friends that i have. no one talk about hate of china. they love to go there for shopping ktv.
who cares about the political system. it is the politician that is creating a wave after another. and i think most politician also no bad feel about china.it is just some motivated parties doing all the pushing in the political circle. imagine if whole world all peaceful then budget for army related will be reduced. etc. so one can guess what happen. there got to be a few imaginative enemy to keep the engine running. from hate created of middle east extreme (who is extreme no know). hate for russia, hate for north korea, china etc. do they really hate them. how has these affected their life?
hate china i can understand because that is comming up to challenge their world number 1 position in economy. and threaten their position to usd as world currency. all these needs to be handled. and really world is better to keep status quo.  china can be extrme when they need to do something. just look at the way covid lock down happen. they still living in the years of your father say better follow. even their citizens don't beleive after a while and if they insist they are heading for doom. ie to be replaced in extreme.

Just to be clear - this Thread isn't about 红毛人..But about WRONG perception others has on the Chinese or China.
That's doves tail into how the Pandemic is handled differently between East and West with the later's media and gov promoting their's has "more human rights" when the FACT the  West suffer more DEATH simply because their gov don't care. In comparison, the Chinese gov has gone to great length to protect as many lives as possible - even at the cost of China's economy.  Everyone can see that - just that some has trouble being objective to accepting that Chinese has different priority.

(15-05-2022, 12:09 AM)winbig Wrote:  Will Indians side with India? Of course will lah. This farking chao ah neh trying to stir shit by writing this kind of thing in the forum. Angry

True. In the first place the moronic letter by the Indian guy should not be published .

As if trying to create racial disharmony.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

As a Chinese Singaporean I take umbrage at the forum article by that Indian guy of his instigative views ....... Angry

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(15-05-2022, 12:58 AM)hansamu Wrote:  True. In the first place the moronic letter by the Indian guy should not be published in the first place. 

Yah, he also brought in the Malay and Indo, our immediate neighbours. He is trying to stir racial disharmony in Singapore.  How can Straits Times publish such artical?
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

Another important thing is this Indian writer got it all wrong. As for me and I believe same for many others, it is not about taking side or supportive of China but it is about the great dislike of American hypocrisy that we have seen through. 

For proofs you can see which side we stood when US attacked Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, Libya, etc. where China was not in the picture at all.  The same now in Ukraine.... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

why nobody suggests the same for the west and India's actions?

ST's editors are not of Chinese ethnicity, that's why the  obnoxious letter was published????

(15-05-2022, 10:08 AM)hansamu Wrote:  ST's editors are not of Chinese ethnicity, that's why the  obnoxious letter was published????

[Image: Screenshot-20220515-100221-Chrome.jpg]
ST's editors are not of Chinese ethnicity does not mean they can stir racial disharmony between the Chinese and Malay in Singapore. Can we also stir disharmony between the Malay and Indian here?
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

Most impt factor to consider
As a small tiny puny rich island , we have many envious predators dying to swallow us up ...they r just waiting for the opportunity to strike.
N we r in a precarious position surrounded by big poor sakai irrational bullies, extremist talebans , wannables, radicalised licals ...who still consider our isle on loan as oart of the riuo.achipelogo waiting to b taken back .

Shd we sink or overwhem by these jungle savages, n as of yellow skin, u tink cowboys, kangorros, the queen , poor undies etc will come to save yr lives?
ICBC.
Asian's suoer power will b our only refuge just like it hapoened during suharrtoes days

(14-05-2022, 11:44 PM)Manthink Wrote:  For some odd reason, some South Asian has grudges against ethnic Chinese.

Well...ah neh neh r only famous for raping women and of course some animals. Laughing

....  During the past few years, I have listened to Chinese friends who are openly supportive of China and very critical of the United States.

By Vijayakumar P.T.  Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

(15-05-2022, 12:58 AM)hansamu Wrote:  True. In the first place the moronic letter by the Indian guy should not be published .

If such letters are published in other countries, e.g. those in south Asia, it will quickly go spread and go viral, politicians make noises, NGOs kpkb, then protests and demonstrations will followup...and the editor of the paper told to quit. Yet, it seems this is allowed in SG.

That's why I don't trust ST anymore.

(15-05-2022, 10:17 AM)Clyde Wrote:  ST's editors are not of Chinese ethnicity does not mean they can stir racial disharmony between the Chinese and Malay in Singapore. Can we also stir disharmony between the Malay and Indian here?

They are really afraid of Chinese all over the world can united together one day

China not loading up chinese goods at world no.1 port
more and more ships waiting to load up
CORRECT why?

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-05-15-13-14-13.png]

(15-05-2022, 11:47 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  They are really afraid of Chinese all over the world can united together one day

I think some more "fearful" of China becoming too successful - which by itself already serve a powerful reminder that the World Order is changing...fast.