MAS posts record net loss of S$30.8 billion

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...st-3606691

dont really understand.... how can an entity with only 34b.... lose 38b in 2 years and yet like nothing happened?

As of Mar 31, the total capital and reserves of MAS was at S$34.3 billion.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) recorded its largest net loss of S$30.8 billion (US$22.8 billion) in the financial year that ended Mar 31, widening from a S$7.4 billion loss in the year before that.

Insider Financial folks already knew long time ago

NOW Than MAS official release statement.

This is why " some " don't touch properties.

it gave up on strengthening S$ to fight imported inflation. No wonder DBS has $9B to lend to them. now cheng hu is going all out to re fill kitty via all means eg property stamp duty is now part of our budget.

Increase gst to 20%!

But still got money to buy gold and buy high sell low some more

SMH

Better stop keeping SGD expansive... It's like delaying mortgage payments... When the KO kicks in it will be extremely ugly. Unless the PAP is not going to be around to handle it. Maybe should follow USA, throw time bomb to opposition for a term then take back control and everything not a problem... Lol

So MAS cannot pay salary ? Why no one in there kpkb?

(05-07-2023, 02:01 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...st-3606691

now i understand why the baton was passed to LW Sad

This loss or gain is meaningless as it js going in and out of the market to stabilise SGD against USD....losses or gains is not the main purpose of its actions.

What is really meanjngful is size of US" reserves which gives us.ability to counter market speculation of SGD

Pakistan and Sri Lanka ran out of USD and their economy collapsed...

China has hidden 3 trillion USD to defend Yuan when the going gets tough it has to activate this otherwise speculators cab really cause trouble.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.