MAS transferred US$55 Bil excess official foreign reserves to GIC

April 9 (Reuters): Singapore's central bank has announced that it has transferred excess official foreign reserves (OFR) of S$75 billion (US$55.11 billion) to the government through a subscription of reserves management government securities.

RMGS is a mechanism to facilitate the transfer of OFR that is not needed for the conduct of monetary policy and financial stability from the central bank to the government, for longer-term investment by GIC, the sovereign wealth fund.

3 years ago..

"8 May 2019…The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said today that it would be transferring S$45 billion from the official foreign reserves (OFR) to the Government for longer-term investment.  

This amount is the excess over what MAS deems necessary to maintain confidence in Singapore’s exchange rate-centred monetary policy.  MAS, as the central bank of Singapore, manages the country’s OFR, which stood at S$404 billion as at April 2019."

https://www.mas.gov.sg/news/media-releas...ransfers-s$45-billion-to-the-government-for-long-term-investment#:~:text=8%20May%202019,at%20April%202019.

How MAS is able to perform miracles in pandemic,?

S$75 Bil in 3 years 2019 -  2022
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(09-04-2022, 08:53 PM)Scythian Wrote:  How MAS is able to perform miracles in pandemic,?

They are currency trader. Market wizard.

Smile

all these transfers are to make up for losses lah
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

cover black hole

(09-04-2022, 09:28 PM)Niubee Wrote:  They are currency trader. Market wizard.

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

(09-04-2022, 10:11 PM)Klesk Wrote:  cover black hole

Cover back side

(10-04-2022, 01:39 AM)SGSeniorCitizen1952 Wrote:  Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

Fines collected from banks in money laundering and all those caught involved with 1MDB

MAS alone performed better than both GIC and Temasek SWF combined together.

With Transferring so big amount of S$75 billion, maybe  Should open another MAS and then, close GiC and Temasek.

Don't waste time.

Not investing overseas, just within Singapore banking sector alone, MAS can generate excess S$75 billion in short period of 3 years.

Why needs to go and invest overseas for?

This is our only sovereign fund that is making exponential profits.

(10-04-2022, 08:18 AM)A2Z Wrote:  This is our only sovereign fund that is making exponential profits.

WOW!

MAS turns recycled sewage water into Red Wine

(09-04-2022, 10:06 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  all these transfers are to make up for losses lah

"Ho Ching claims investment returns by GIC, MAS, and Temasek are the “single largest contributor to SG budget” more than income tax or GST"

https://theindependent.sg/ho-ching-claim...20or%20GST

(09-04-2022, 08:53 PM)Scythian Wrote:  How MAS is able to perform miracles in pandemic,?

Pandemic did not use much of our reserves

Because IMF distributed funds to all countries

Also we have lots of CPF funds  that  PAP said is not our money 

For example-  $4 Billion in CPF collected PER MONTH 

To be used instead

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(10-04-2022, 09:26 AM)5354 Wrote:  Whiny little ccbai talking through her arsehole!

""Ho Ching claims investment returns by GIC, MAS, and Temasek are the “single largest contributor to SG budget” more than income tax or GST"
"

Look up PSP Liew speech on why this should not be allowed

I think reasons why is very clear

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Using reserves tk complement budget is a subsidy on progressive taxes implemented for the wealth.

By using reserves funds which also consists of excess returns from use of CPF funds by GIC for investments ...taxes are kept artificially low for the wealthy.

It is not this extra money from reserves is doing a lot for the needy in our society. It js just making up for the shortfall that comes from subsidising low taxes.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-04-2022, 09:32 AM)Scythian Wrote:  ""Ho Ching claims investment returns by GIC, MAS, and Temasek are the “single largest contributor to SG budget” more than income tax or GST"
"

Jac Lau is abusing SGTALK again?

(10-04-2022, 03:00 PM)5354 Wrote:  ola self fcuk her asshole as she lick my shit, again?

Jac Lau fck a snake and vomit blood at the same time

He swallow his own sputum back and choked his LJ brain again? 

No wonder he always spew rubbish in this forum.

Ho Ching must say she did a good job in Temasick

To Self- Praise herself

[Image: Quotes-Self-Praise-1.png]

Why Singapore Govt still raise GST?

Within 3 years, MAS generated in excess of S$120 Bil IE 30% of Temasek Holding's Assets Under Management, AUM.

S$120 billion is MAS s excess (more than needed,)

This shows GIC and Temasek are performing far below par.

The government of Singapore invested about Rs 155 crore while the Monetary Authority of Singapore put in Rs 36 crore.

The balance Rs 359 crore was invested by mutual funds Nippon Life India Trustee, SBI Mutual Fund, ICICI Prudential, HDFC Mutual Fund and HDFC Trustee Company.

What type of $$$ printing machine?