MOE will investigate any allegations of unfair practices in direct school

MOE will investigate any allegations of unfair practices in direct school admission exercise: Chan Chun Sing 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...022024_cna
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

there is a loophole is via " renting a place near the school ". My relative encounter before tenants want their kids go to nearby good school wanna rent her condo. If cannot get it , they will recommend another tenants.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(07-02-2024, 02:14 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  there is a loophole is via " renting a place near the school ". My relative encounter before tenants want their kids go to nearby good school wanna rent her condo. If cannot get it , they will recommend another tenants.

If you are a big shot your son will get it 1st lah! Big Grin

(07-02-2024, 02:34 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  If you are a big shot your son will get it 1st lah!

S'pore is 4th in the world for crony capitalism according to the IMF.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(07-02-2024, 03:31 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  S'pore is 4th in the world for crony capitalism according to the IMF.

Just like those "white horses" in SAF lah! Big Grin Their fathers are MPs and ministers lah!

Direct Admission shd be banned.
It is a lee way for the rich to enter the best school more easily. As the rich has more resources.

If the principal sees 2 students results. They score the same marks. One student lives in GCB, one student lives in 2 room flat. Who will be enrolled? Dont cheat yourself.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-02-2024, 02:14 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  there is a loophole is via " renting a place near the school ". My relative encounter before tenants want their kids go to nearby good school wanna rent her condo. If cannot get it , they will recommend another tenants.

Need to live there (rent)for 3 years at least to qualify for the slot if I did not remember wrongly.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-02-2024, 06:57 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Direct Admission shd be banned. It is a lee way for the rich to enter the best school. As the rich has more resources.

I was personally acquainted with several DSA athletes in my JC's rugby team of the 1990s who weren't academically inclined to the point that the principal forced them to take the A levels as private candidates so as not to tarnish the overall performance of the school for that year.   

(07-02-2024, 06:58 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Need to live there (rent)for 3 years at least to qualify for the slot if I did not remember wrongly.

I don't think so, they will see you stay there for how many years. They just view oh you stay near the school that all.

(07-02-2024, 07:02 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I was personally acquainted with several DSA athletes in my JC's rugby team of the 1990s who weren't academically inclined to the point that the principal forced them to take the A levels as private candidates so as not to tarnish the overall performance of the school for that year.   

Sport DSA is different story.
I mean go in by academic DSA result.

(07-02-2024, 07:02 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I was personally acquainted with several DSA athletes in my JC's rugby team of the 1990s who weren't academically inclined to the point that the principal forced them to take the A levels as private candidates so as not to tarnish the overall performance of the school for that year.   
Sport DSA different lah. At least they are good in sport to help the school, mutual benefits

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(07-02-2024, 07:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I don't think so, they will see you stay there for how many years. They just view oh you stay near the school that all.

I think they have reduced to 30mths if I am not wrong.

[Image: IMG-3809.png]

https://www.moe.gov.sg/primary/p1-regist...me-address

Know pastor can liao. Need to spell it out? He will still go to heaven after all.