MOH monitoring 'unusual surge' as daily cases cross 5,000 mark

There were 5,324 new Covid-19 infections in Singapore yesterday, said the Ministry of Health (MOH), the first time the daily case number has breached the 5,000 mark.

The ministry said it is looking into the "unusual surge in cases within a relatively short window". and will closely monitor the trend for the next few days.

Yesterday's infection  numbers were unusually high because  many Covid-19 cases were detected by testing laboratories within a few hours in the afternoon, it added.

They comprise 4,651 new cases in the  community, 661 from migrant worker dormitories and 12 imported cases.

Ten more people between the ages of 54 and 96 have died of complications linked to Covid-19.

All of them had various underlying medical conditions, except one who was unvaccinated, said  MOH. It gave  no further details.....

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper. crying

What unusual I thought they already predicted?

(28-10-2021, 08:18 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  What unusual I thought they already predicted?

The predictions came true.....what higher figure will they predict next..? Angry

(28-10-2021, 08:23 AM)debono Wrote:  The predictions came true.....what higher figure will they predict next..? Angry

Next 7k

results within a few hours?
who audit the test lab?
who checks for malicious infections/activities?

Everyday flip ah flop ah headless chicken cheong ahhhh Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(28-10-2021, 08:35 AM)sclim Wrote:  results within a few hours?
who audit the test lab?
who checks for malicious infections/activities?

too much coincident with the vtl of india, bangla etc.
need to double check with fresh sample from the so called infected.
who are the test lab? which test lab is  the jump in results coming from?

Don't worry we have millionaire ministers come to rescue...

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.
[+] 1 user Likes Rainforest's post

(28-10-2021, 08:28 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Next 7k

Could it be raise to 10K in the next few days.....? crying crying
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

is they ownself say prepare for 5k 10k cases, no ???

they goldfish memory liao ?
[+] 1 user Likes mrclubbie's post

(28-10-2021, 08:06 AM)debono Wrote:  There were 5,324 new Covid-19 infections in Singapore yesterday, said the Ministry of Health (MOH), the first time the daily case number has breached the 5,000 mark.

The ministry said it is looking into the "unusual surge in cases within a relatively short window". and will closely monitor the trend for the next few days.

Yesterday's infection  numbers were unusually high because  many Covid-19 cases were detected by testing laboratories within a few hours in the afternoon, it added.

They comprise 4,651 new cases in the  community, 661 from migrant worker dormitories and 12 imported cases.

Ten more people between the ages of 54 and 96 have died of complications linked to Covid-19.

All of them had various underlying medical conditions, except one who was unvaccinated, said  MOH. It gave  no further details.....

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper. crying

""Yesterday's infection  numbers were unusually high because  many Covid-19 cases were detected by testing laboratories within a few hours in the afternoon, it added"

Don't know the above statement is from MOH or words of the reporter.. If it is from MOH, have to shake head again.. The way the message is crafted, remind me more and more like the ABNN that I deal with everyday.. Keep having to read in between the lines for answers..

Imagine you are a call center manager.. Your boss asked you how come today the number of calls handled spike by 2000 (from 3000+ to 5000+). You reply your boss, because the call agents picked up more calls in the afternoon..

As the boss, I interpret the answer as:

1) Call agents took steroid in the afternoon and thus can take more calls
2) Call centre is overstaffed.. Maybe just need to operate at 50% manpower to handle 'normal' daily load
3) Call agents eating snake all the while.. They could have handled more calls, but chose to do it 'slowly'

Regardless of which dimension you look the answer, it look bad.. The only 'positive' reason would be because we added more manpower, that why can detect more cases.. But if that is the reason, just say so and no need to make people guess right..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

MOH OYK's applies military attack on an invisible enemy neglecting the medical aspect art of war. This is a REAL war and he has lost the battle. We are front liners die not one by one by thousands by thousands soon (now cross 5000). Still so stubborn don't want to retreat. Where is Chuge Liang?
[+] 2 users Like A2Z's post

wow! For the very first time our elite foresight so zhun! 5K daily

Later some miw will say to expect cases to cross 10,000 and then move on to 15,000 and so on. Me they just happily draw their $m salary.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

(28-10-2021, 08:56 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  ""Yesterday's infection  numbers were unusually high because  many Covid-19 cases were detected by testing laboratories within a few hours in the afternoon, it added"

Don't know the above statement is from MOH or words of the reporter.. If it is from MOH, have to shake head again.. The way the message is crafted, remind me more and more like the ABNN that I deal with everyday.. Keep having to read in between the lines for answers..

Imagine you are a call center manager.. Your boss asked you how come today the number of calls handled spike by 2000 (from 3000+ to 5000+). You reply your boss, because the call agents picked up more calls in the afternoon..

MOH/ PAP is not honest.  Lab Technicians cannot be trained within 1 mth.

Why blame on testing procedures and the lab room?

Is PAP mad?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

Why only monitoring now , investigating some more...silly or not ? ..iow, they have been sleeping or half awake or giving up ?

Poor image perception projected by using wrong words...n perception as perceived by common folks as real.
[+] 1 user Likes Yin yang's post

Maybe they find it funny that they tell people don't need to report if infected and the cases shot up.
[+] 2 users Like theold's post

the surge comes from workplace

no worry

Still don't know the answer. Injecting the virus into the body not once, not twice but three times obstensibly to train the body to fight the virus. Instead of the intended result more and more people are infected and ended in hospital. With each jab the nos. of infected, side-effect complication, icu patients and death increases. Please study on these and do a research on the vaccines reaction on the vascular system. The vaccines cld have triggered a severe side effect and escalated the death of those people with underlying illness.
[+] 3 users Like Goldmine's post

(28-10-2021, 10:12 AM)wulala Wrote:  wow! For the very first time our elite foresight so zhun! 5K daily

More Zhun than weather forecast Big Grin 
I suppose if dont reach the 5K they have predicted, they will be very disappointed ???

(28-10-2021, 08:45 AM)debono Wrote:  Could it be raise to 10K in the next few days.....? crying crying

Up more cases then Bloomberg forum cancel. Good idea? Clapping

tomorrow will be a better day

(28-10-2021, 11:32 AM)surfer Wrote:  Up more cases then Bloomberg forum cancel. Good idea? Clapping

No, must continue. A bit of infection spike its not like all in ICU or 5000 deaths.
Almost 2 years of closure and with 85+% protected by vaccine … time to move forward. Some deaths due to vaccine should be consider as part of overall daily death of other causes.
More will die if the country continue to close

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Just cut testing staff by half and prolong the process. The infection numbers will disappear. Then refuse hospital admission. Then delay ICU by cutting ICU beds.

Then our numbers will look very good lah. Then Singapore covid recovery will top number 1 again.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

I think the slogan should be "living and dying with covid", because everyday got peoples die due to covid
[+] 1 user Likes jameslee58@hotmail.com's post

To be paid $mil to shake legs to monitor, or just asking others to monitor? Both are truly worldclassed. lol

shd investigate and solve the problems rather than just monitoring
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(28-10-2021, 10:38 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  Still don't know the answer. Injecting the virus into the body not once, not twice but three times obstensibly to train the body to fight the virus. Instead of the intended result more and more people are infected and ended in hospital.  With each jab the nos. of infected, side-effect complication, icu patients and death increases. Please study on these and do a research on the vaccines reaction on the vascular system. The vaccines cld have triggered a severe side effect and escalated the death of those people with underlying illness.
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

(28-10-2021, 01:40 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  shd investigate and solve the problems rather than just monitoring

They are not even monitoring, just watching.

It is just an excuse since it is endemic and they don't care where the Top 5 Hot spots are.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

I want this easy job....by monitoring.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

really trying to confuse us

Ong Y K do claim before hand will hit 5 k

MOH claim " Unusual " fast spike?

and MOH is who in charge? Ong Y K himself
https://news.yahoo.com/singapore-plans-5...02576.html