MOM clarifies CPF Board has no intention to consider scheme to insure members

The Ministry of Manpower has clarified that the CPF Board has no intention to consider the introduction of a scheme to insure members against losses arising from scams.

https://str.sg/iUvs

So Tan See Leng say wrong thing or CPF say wrong thing until need for clarification? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

Dangerous got to check often

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

that is the right move.
effort must be towards detecting fraud and stopping them.

face detection with moving parts, detection of AI generated face etc. tech need to raise to above level of fraud .

get the telco to stop foreign number from connecting in unless allowed by the original receipient.

most old retire people do not need to receive call from outside singapore. if they do, it will be from their relatives with known number. allow them to add an allow list.

+65 to warn is not good as many scam still get thru.

must also have a list of original source number that keep bursting number with auto dial to locate victim.
i have sim used for data only. i don't even remember the number , yet there can be called to said they are from immigration, custom, etc all the fault of telco. they facilitate fraud. please stop it. telco are not innocent in this case, hope one day someone who is hit can do a class action lawsuit on telco to get them to act to stop scam ,balance it off their need for profits or other agreement in connection with other countries.

also the need to track and hunt down fake employers who will go to extend to do many interviews to get details for more jobs or to capture innocent job seekers into do bad things.

hope mr policeman can spend some resources to hunt these down. bad people keeptheir mind to find ways to cheat people or force people into crime. don't wait for people to report before acting. must be proactive to capture these bad people.

If suddenly money vanish for what reason 
Can’t fight back

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

Ccb la....

Yesterday, I received a computerised scam voice call from UOB. I do not even have an account with UOB.

The insurance suggestion is dumb in the first place. Just an excuse to deduct insurance premiums from everybody in SG ala Careshield.

TSL pushes to CPF, CPF pushes to MOM, MOM taichi back to TSL?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

All local msms no longer carry yesterday’s report online.  

They have since amended the headline to CPF not considering insurance.

But you can still read it here Big Grin

https://www.malaymail.com/amp/news/singa...ster/77797

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

You insist lock ppl money yet has no conscience and accountability to secure the money from being scammed
Singapore doom. ...no more secure for the xommon folks. .......

And Heng Ahhhhh I only use iOS Big Grin

AI, Handphone . . . is better for scammers

How many overseas scammers are jailed??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?