Buffett's BYD rose sharply as May sales surge....

It will leave Tesla further and further behind.

Anyway it rose HK$15 in one day. Buffet pay HK$8.4 for his shares. The one day jump is bigger than what he paid.

Buffett made  37X his original investment as the stock rose to HK $315

[Image: sFwJqp4.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This one i bgt 100 in end 2020, after i read WB buy, I got buy along the way, my ave px is 150 i got ton of it,,huat ahhhh

Next tencent coming,and Baba bgt recently on sell off.. ..

(10-06-2022, 06:40 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It will leave Tesla further and further behind.

Anyway it rose HK$15 in one day. Buffet pay HK$8.4 for his shares. The one day jump is bigger than what he paid.

Buffett made  37X his original investment as the stock rose to HK $315

[Image: sFwJqp4.jpg]

Hope it is another TSLA for me, 20X to 30X 5 to 10 yrs from now.. I suggest u put 10K to 20K and end up 1/2 a million 5 yrs or more from now.
Brick 

(10-06-2022, 08:18 PM)victortan Wrote:  Hope it is another TSLA for me, 20X to 30X 5 to 10 yrs from now.. I suggest u put 10K to 20K and end up 1/2 a million 5 yrs or more from now.

It is unlikely to do that given it has already grown to No.1 in China. There is alot of runway for growth but alot has also been priced in.

At around $500 it will cross capitalisation of Toyota.

For me it already triple from the price I bought. I made one mistake to sell some when the stock corrected. 

Going forward I believe it will overtake CATL in the battery business to be number 1 and will be the main supplier to other EV companies. It will also grow in energy storage business which is needed for green energy. In segments like public transport e.g. bus and mono rail it's vehical integration means others  cant compete and win.

Once the exports starts taking off another growth arm. Australia has. 6month wait list for BYD cars.

The production capacity growth is much faster than Tesla. Despite the hype surrounding Tesla "giga factory" , the BYD factories are much more efficient. The recent design for the BYD Seal has a cell to body design which cuts production steps by half allowing to sell a car far better than Tesla's Model 3 at 30% cheaper. In the coming months, Tesla sales in China will start to  drop and Chinese EVs begin to dominate their home market.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

As Tesla keep falling behind we see BYD stock outperform Tesla by 70%. And this is 70% in 3 months! It shows how rapidly the tide is turning against Tesla.

[Image: hTpoISe.jpg]

Tesla has to depend on BYD now for the most costly and important component in an EV ....the batteries. This is despite numerous repeated claims by Tesla's CEO that it holds the lead in battery tech.

Tesla only key technology is self driving. But it is way behind MobileEye, Baidu and Mercedes. Mercedes already secure permits in Europe for level 3. Baidu is already operational in China. MobileEye is the leader and will soon launch a licensing plan for EV makers to adopt it's technology. Because of past disputes with Tesla, Tesla will likely not be given access to MobileEye technology.

All this means Tesla will be behind and losing in all key EV technologies. It's market share will decline. It's CEO is busy with Twitting and wastung his time in who tripa.

[Image: JUHu92C.jpg]

[Image: 4GQ0Oe3.jpg]