Mahathir claims Johor is dependent on S'pore for success

Faris Alfiq |  October 29, 2021, 05:50 PM

"Johor has become a hinterland for Singapore, also dependent on Singapore for its success. Hence we have helped Singapore expand using our land," the 96-year-old wrote.

Mahathir also commented on the islands south of Singapore, including Riau Islands, Batam and Bintan.

He claimed that the Johor Empire owned these islands initially, before becoming part of the Dutch East Indies.

These islands then became a part of Indonesia after independence. He further claimed that Malaysia had never demanded the return of these islands.

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/mahathir-j...interland/

Senile old monkey better crawl into a coffin and shut up. He has no relevance

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

OMG....if there is no investment to better use that land for factories and export industries.....what do you want to use the land for?

If you don't have investment from Singaoire you still need to get it from somewhere elsewhere difference does it make?

At 96yo old he does not understand what "win win" means.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Johor belongs to Spore?

(30-10-2021, 09:40 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  OMG....if there is no investment to better use that land for factories and export industries.....what do you want to use the land for?

If you don't have investment from Singaoire you still need to get it from somewhere elsewhere difference does it make?

At 96yo old he does not understand what "win win" means.

It is amazing that at age 96 he is still lucid...... Rotfl

Batam and Bintan also belong to Sg?

Laughing

(30-10-2021, 09:47 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  Batam and Bintan also belong to Sg?

If that is so, 'eat cannot finish'....liao... Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Last night 中國报, headlines 五亿随便给。Malaysia boleh...

Mathi is partially correct but he missed the point about Tengku who kicked out the tiny island which was then already part of melayu peninsula?

But Tengku did the maths and found that it was rather dicey for melayu to hold on to the tiny island because back then the combined population was by race 40:40:20 so a freak election might put a certain key non melayu as pm, correct?
[+] 1 user Likes NoActionTalkOnly's post

(30-10-2021, 10:26 AM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  Mathi is partially correct but he missed the point about Tengku who kicked out the tiny island which was then already part of melayu peninsula?

But Tengku did the maths and found that it was rather dicey for melayu to hold on to the tiny island because back then the combined population was by race 40:40:20 so a freak election might put a certain key non melayu as pm, correct?

You are correct to assume so, in Tengku's mind he is afraid that LKY may become the PM of Malaysia... crying

He is right you know.
But dat history.
I have travelled Riau visited graves with yellow clothes symbol of Johor royalty
even acted as a sultan.

He is still planning to become PM in Malaysia. Need to build up his support base.

(30-10-2021, 09:45 AM)debono Wrote:  It is amazing that at age 96 he is still lucid...... 
You are dead wrong. 

If he had been lucid he would not have resigned as the PM,and regretted deeply for his foolish move.

The cunning and double headed snake is so desperate to want to wrestle it  back again. 

Pui !!!

(30-10-2021, 10:35 AM)theold Wrote:  He is still planning to become PM in Malaysia. Need to build up his support base.

At age 96  he is too old to have the energy to rule over Malaysia.  He has past the 'used by' age..... Angry

We have to acknowlege he was effective.
He also cchampion the palestians' cause when noone wanted to help
Dat was how I get to know MH370 saga from lorain moret a nuclear bom scientist.

(30-10-2021, 10:46 AM)singlon Wrote:  We have to acknowlege he was effective.

Effective in helping UMNO stays in power

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

We welcome him to take a tour of Singapore now. There will be a Covid present for him at the end. This will be memorable.

(30-10-2021, 11:00 AM)theold Wrote:  We welcome him to take a tour of Singapore now. There will be a Covid present for him at the end. This will be memorable.

It is best that he spend his time writing a book, perhaps his memoirs, and have a second part of writing his book, "The Malay dilemma".... Angry

Why give him the publicity here?? He has gone into non existence.
He is trying to revive his disappearance from social media as he knows the erection is very soon.

Laughing

(30-10-2021, 10:29 AM)debono Wrote:  You are correct to assume so, in Tengku's mind he is afraid that LKY may become the PM of Malaysia... crying
This non melayu member was so capable and so brainy, and who effectively spoke at least 5 languages, with his bahasa even more fluently polished than most melayus was likely to replace the MCA (melayu chinese association) was a no no to the Tengku, hor? 

Probably some melayus would have voted him and his party in as the majority party and together with the busy trading port and the massive plantation land one can just imagine what an opportunity lost then?
[+] 1 user Likes NoActionTalkOnly's post

(30-10-2021, 10:26 AM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  Mathi is partially correct but he missed the point about Tengku who kicked out the tiny island which was then already part of melayu peninsula?

He feared that Chinese will all consolidate and take half of Malaya. Then soon enough the country will be ruled by Chinese and that Malays will be sidelined. Lky was very ambitious and wanted to control beyond SG.

(30-10-2021, 11:08 AM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  This non melayu member was so capable and so brainy, and who effectively spoke at least 5 languages, with his bahasa even more fluently polished than most melayus was likely to replace the MCA (melayu chinese association) was a no no to the Tengku, hor? 

Probably some melayus would have voted him and his party in as the majority party and together with the busy trading port and the massive plantation land one can just imagine what an opportunity lost then?

Malaysia is blesse with many natural resources, like crude oil, oil palm plantation, rubber plantations, natural gas, and until lately tin mines...If only Singapore is blessed with these things, we will become a world best run democracy..... Rolleyes

(30-10-2021, 09:00 AM)Levin Wrote:  Faris Alfiq |  October 29, 2021, 05:50 PM

"Johor has become a hinterland for Singapore, also dependent on Singapore for its success. Hence we have helped Singapore expand using our land," the 96-year-old wrote.

Mahathir also commented on the islands south of Singapore, including Riau Islands, Batam and Bintan.

He claimed that the Johor Empire owned these islands initially, before becoming part of the Dutch East Indies.

These islands then became a part of Indonesia after independence. He further claimed that Malaysia had never demanded the return of these islands.

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/mahathir-j...interland/
Wah.. Dr M want to claim back batam and bintan from Indonesia. Go ahead and start a war with Indonesia and win them back.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Really a satan incarnate...extreme evil devil never die one ...he will suffer in pain silence as long as he lives

(30-10-2021, 11:08 AM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  This non melayu member was so capable and so brainy, and who effectively spoke at least 5 languages, with his bahasa even more fluently polished than most melayus was likely to replace the MCA (melayu chinese association) was a no no to the Tengku, hor? 

I concur with your comments.... Clapping

Quote:Mahathir also commented on the islands south of Singapore, including Riau Islands, Batam and Bintan.

Mahathir doesn't know his Malay history well. The capital of the Johor Sultanate was for a long time in Riau Indonesia. By the same argument, Indonesia can actually claim Johor. The Majapahit Empire in Java once controlled the whole of Malaya. Brunei once owned whole of Borneo. If everybody starts claiming back all these lands, Malaysia will have no land at all.

He is stirring up emotion just like when he was the PM of Malaysia in the 80s' to get popular support. In the 80s'  when he was the PM of Malaysia, Singapore-Malaysia  relations was at all time low.  Sentiments and emotions in Malaysia were whipped against us.  We are their punching bag.  UMNO youth leaders/members in various Malaysia states were joining the chorus of tirade against us.  Tension was high.   Luckily, it subsided with PM Badawi. Is he whipping up sentiment for his son this time? Must try every which way he can to get back into power.

So in history Singapore belong to Java Island since the prince of Java founded "Lion City"....

one chk contractor 马劳 always boasted that sg wun prosper without ppl like him. but still humble enough to acknowledge that without sg he won't be able to own 2 cars and several properties in jb

(30-10-2021, 09:36 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Senile old monkey better crawl into a coffin and shut up. He has no relevance
He will not have any coffin, just a piece of shroud.

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!