Malaysia : Developers offer property at 50% off previous selling price

PETALING JAYA: Everyone loves a sale, particularly if the property is going at half price.

But not earlier buyers, or investors who had bought to flip. These two groups would be unhappy. Maybe even furious.

Headlines about property have been like this, of late: Is it time to buy? Is it ‘still’ a safe investment? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

There is a missing question: “Will prices fall further?”

Much depends on the location, type of property and developers’ track record, said Johor-based KGV International Property Consultants.

It also depends if one is buying into an overhang project – completed units which remain unsold after they have been certified fit for occupation.

Executive director Samuel Tan said the percentage of discount for overhang units is higher.

When Chinese developer Country Garden Pacificview Sdn Bhd advertised its Danga Bay, Johor Bahru, project at 50% discount for about six weeks starting in early June, earlier buyers were angry. New buyers were delighted

A Singaporean buyer, Hassan (not his real name), who bought an apartment unit in 2015 for RM1.82 million, was shocked and upset. Overnight, his unit was worth about RM900,000.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/catego...ice-anyone

Liddat those Singaporeans who bought earlier can bang head on wall.....ringgit drop prices plunge.
[+] 1 user Likes BigBossX's post

So good....
Quickly go and buy...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(19-08-2021, 08:27 AM)BigBossX Wrote:  Liddat those Singaporeans who bought earlier can bang head on wall.....ringgit drop prices plunge.

I got a friend bgt a semiD at SGD 350k  in Johor few years ago?
50% discount means SGD 200k?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Early buyers must thank The Edge for sabo-ing them pain pain Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(19-08-2021, 08:37 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I got a friend bgt a semiD at SGD 350k  in Johor few years ago?
50% discount means SGD 200k?

But drop below RM$1M S'poreans cannot buy right?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

My friend shifts his family there at KL. Rented a place. He says he will buy later. Maybe now can. He says the place he stays the property price don't really drops.

I want to seek property expert opinion whether this property below can buy? What to look out for and various pitfalls.

[Image: a4zg4Gl.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

buy msia property? the property dont depreciate, the currency also depreciate.

(19-08-2021, 09:21 AM)OLT Wrote:  buy msia property? the property dont depreciate, the currency also depreciate.

Not to make $$ but another place to stay long term.

Foreign properties have a lot of risk. It is preferred to pay full cash. Sometimes, the developers can provide the loans within a period. But the loan period can end before the property is handed over. If they are kind, they will drag to the handover time.

Most countries treat foreigners and locals differently. The loan periods for foreigners are shorter and the interest rates can be higher except for country like UK which attracts foreigners. Sometimes operating of the bank account can also be a problem. As you are away, you will need a local to manage it. It is not easy.

Resale will be straight forward.

None of my friends make money in Malaysian property except one.

He was the only exception because he was living in KL for about 5 years for work and knew the local market. Plus the fact that he bought and sold pre-1MDB, so wasn't badly hit by the exchange rate. Even then, the profit was marginal.

Now prices will drop even more as the foreigners sell out due to the MM2H revision.

Time to buy Malaysian Reits.

JB, the location need to be near the terminal.

Last time, Holiday Inn and Pelangi are very popular. Now, you go to Pelangi, the crowd is no longer there. Saw one old man peeing at one corner in the car park with his adult family nearby.

Seriously wanna retire there, why buy? Just rent orh.  Imagine you rented one staying there and when CoVid hit come back and tell the landlord .... good luck

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Now how to go over there to buy?

(19-08-2021, 09:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I want to seek property expert opinion whether this property below can buy? What to look out for and various pitfalls.

[Image: a4zg4Gl.jpg]

wait until the nearby rts is ready, it's the only reason to buy there. by then the price will go up.

If you want to live or retire in Malaysia , just rent.. Your landlord will be subsidizing you

(19-08-2021, 12:31 PM)5354 Wrote:  JB property I am the real expert as I went there to see units before the 2nd link was built

I purchased my first property in JB in 1994

Bought 3 freehold residential condominium for RM900K in 2008, see proof below

R&F Princess Cove is service residence not residential condominium

You should only buy freehold residential condominium, not service apartments

The unit is only 1387 sg ft, at RM880K is overpriced, can drop 50%

If you wish to buy for stay, look for a freehold bungalow, not service apartment or condo as there are too many in JB

If you buy a condo or service apartment, the only criteria is CASH FLOW, trust me

[Image: PGAasNV.png]
Your advice makes sense...

Why are units in Madihana so cheap?
1800sqft for $400+K.....appear "too good to be true"

Developers must reduce their outstanding stock lest they get margin call from the banks which will proceed to bankrupt the companies. Will it happen here?

(19-08-2021, 02:59 PM)A2Z Wrote:  Developers must reduce their outstanding stock lest they get margin call from the banks which will proceed to bankrupt the companies. Will it happen here?

sg property price is trending up even with covid. just give some carrot only, everyone cheong showroom.

(19-08-2021, 12:59 PM)5354 Wrote:  I recommend you this unit asking price RM438K, 1847 sq ft freehold condo with swimming pool, tennis and squash court and a badminton court and dedicated covered car park lot

Around 500 m from future Bukit Chaggar mrt station to Singapore

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property...w-32943980

I have done the research. 

Here's a video of some people talking about living in  Madihara condo. It's a bit painful to watch as it chit chat but you should skip to 17min into the video.

This condo is more than 20yrs old. During its lifetime the unit the couple stayed in was rented out in the beginning for $3k a month then it kept dropping now the 3bedroom unit cannot even be rented out for  $1k!!!!  This also means the value of property has dropped for 20yrs a d the condo is now worth less than half when new. The freehold status is useless!

Clearly such low yield low rental property it will attract all sorts of tenants and will just sink to a downhill state with poor maintenance and vicious cycle. Plse will simply become worthless. 

No way I will buy even to stay and write off because the security of the place will also go downhill.

My brother rented his KL condo to a Dr working in KL after 2 yrs he didt renew

but when his agent went over to collect the keys the told my brother there is a massive leak from the ceilling

and after 20k+ reno, the whole place is finally done but decided not to rent out again

Question is after the new MM2H monthly income ceiling kicked in, it doesn't make sense to retire in Malaysia anymore..

40k MYR monthly income, can allow you to stay in Singapore. No need to relocate.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..