SMIC vs Hua Hong Semi conductor....comparison shows lower end chips more viable.

While SMIC is trying to push for cutting edge low micron chips it is paying a heavy price trying to catch up with top global foundaries as it has to lengthen the process to create equivalent chips this causes lower yield and hurts its margins.

The best bets in China semiconductor is more matured technology where the industry has already optimised the process and yields.

Hua Hong is a far better investment than SMIC...it has higher  margins and low cap ex. 

Red is hua hong vs SMIC (blue)

[Image: e7xCx0K.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This is more important than looking for jobs ah?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(06-06-2024, 10:37 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  This is more important than looking for jobs ah?

If you want to work go ahead don't impose on others.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(06-06-2024, 10:48 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you want to work go ahead don't impose on others.

明日复明日,明日何其多!你生待明日,万事成蹉跎!世人若被明日累,春去秋来老将至。朝看水东流,暮看日坠西。百年明日能几何?

Very meaningful for lazy bums, but not easy to understand

(06-06-2024, 10:59 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  明日复明日,明日何其多!你生待明日,万事成蹉跎!世人若被明日累,春去秋来老将至。朝看水东流,暮看日坠西。百年明日能几何?

Very meaningful for lazy bums, but not easy to understand

I'd is very arrogant and prejudice for you to label others lazy when you don't watch what we do all day ...and the work may exceed those with full time job.

I meant for lazy bums. If you're not, just ignore loh

Today again we see Hua Hong outperforming SMIC.
Right now there is a semicon upturn globally Chinese players too will benefit fro. This up turn.

Like I said earlier the need for SMIC to stay are the cutting g edge is costly due to US sanctions on the equipment needed...this will hinder its profitability 

[Image: FlqFger.jpeg]

Dun worry too much for china. One day it'll suddenly becum a leader in areas such as space technologies, ev, ai, infrastructures, hsr, drones, smart phones.... While you're still daydreaming and guessing where the market shd go

(13-06-2024, 12:14 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Dun worry too much for china. One day it'll suddenly becum a leader in areas such as space technologies, ev, ai, infrastructures, hsr, drones, smart phones.... While you're still daydreaming and guessing where the market shd go

China being a leader in bullet rtain space and EV...and the economybdoing well are 2 different issues. I have no doubt china will lead EV and bullet trains etc but that does not mean its economy is healthy. Japan throughotsblost decade was the leader in automobile bullet train and high tech manufacturing yet the people suffered limited income growth and the economy as a whole was in a poor state.

China today per capita income is roughly same level as Malaysia. ...Malaysia is expected to move ahead ext few years due to its good demographics and foreign investments.

(13-06-2024, 12:21 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  China being a leader in bullet rtain space and EV...and the economybdoing well are 2 different issues. I have no doubt china will lead EV and bullet trains etc but that does not mean its economy is healthy. Japan throughotsblost decade was the leader in automobile bullet train and high tech manufacturing yet the people suffered limited income growth and the economy as a whole was in a poor state.

China today per capita income is roughly same level as Malaysia. ...Malaysia is expected to move ahead ext few years due to its good demographics and foreign investments.

Since you already know china's economy is going downhill so just stay away from it lah. You know fire is dangerous and yet still play with it, one day you'll get burnt jialet jialet

Performance gal between the 2 continues.

For down market SMIC falls more...for up market SMIC rises less.

[Image: 3Msgr6V.jpeg]