Mandarin Duck Appears Again In Hougang Canal, But Colourful Plumage Now Gone

https://mustsharenews.com/mandarin-duck-hougang-canal/

Female duck? Usually lesser colour.

(18-10-2021, 10:02 AM)theold Wrote:  Female duck?

Male lah. So colourful. It's mentioned in the article.

The male got colour and the female no colour, it is same for people, and women need cosmetics lipsticks face powder fake eyelashes and botox correct?

the right one is aso a male on molting, can tell from its red beak. females' beaks are of darker color

Peking roast duck?

Don't think it's the same duck. Even if the different feather pattern is due to molting, the leg chain is a giveaway. Claw length also different.

That is before and after marriage photos lah

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(18-10-2021, 10:53 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Don't think it's the same duck. Even if the different feather pattern is due to molting, the leg chain is a giveaway. Claw length also different.

Yep, probably different ducks.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

I dont think SG have mandarin duck lah. So likely released by someone.

In the animal kingdom especially birds, the male is more vibrant in colour as compared to the female. Have you seen a peahen! It's exactly like the duck on the right!

The duck on the left is make while the one on the right is female.

[Image: male-and-female-mandarin-duck-aix-galeri...N498-T.jpg]

Yah, even the eyes look different. How they know iz moulted male duck?

the beak colors are different lah. during molting, the male would shed off its colorful feathers but still can tell from its red beak

(18-10-2021, 12:24 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  the beak colors are different lah. during molting, the male would shed off its colorful feathers but still can tell from its red beak

Actually beak colour oso can change wan depending on the duck's health condition but the marking [the white tip in dis instance] should be permanent so I think it's a different duck from the earlier sighting.

(18-10-2021, 12:53 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Actually beak colour oso can change wan depending on the duck's health condition but the marking [the white tip in dis instance] should be permanent so I think it's a different duck from the earlier sighting.

it could be a different duck. but I think it's a male. 

just quite puzzled why some insist they're the same? and whether same or not, hard to tell and doesn't really matter lah, right?