Many go through life not knowing what they want - one day its over

3yrs ago one of my friend had a heart attack and died suddenly

Prior to that he was putting in nany late nights working week ends and his priority was to get project done by deadlines. That was his work life do repeat, one week gone one month gone, one decade fly past and then one day...he was gone. I attended his funeral and now its 3 yrs after his dead.

Our lives we are often conditioned to think what we need and what we have to chase for. Companies and employers "motivate" you to work their plan and goals and they shape you to think these are your goals. Advertisers brainwash us to chase after the latest phones, buy big cars and we are brainwash to feel we need a bigger condo to be happy.

Govts and social systems make things unattainable so we run harder to cause it. If COE is too cheap at $80K it goes to $140K to make you chase. Companies pay structures consist of large bonus to make you compete against your colleague to get more bonus. Your day to day focus is shaped to think of ways to compete not how best to live your life. Such systems always evolve towards making you more and more  consumed with work and competition.

[Image: uuXS0ZV.jpg]
In Singapore we are lured into a certain way of thinking that many cannot break out of. 

How is it that after 5 decades we are unhappier that we ever were?

We don't seem to ask ourselves why we want in life..and how best to make  use of the limited time we have.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

So your goal is to find cheap eats and cheap durians in life? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Maybe sgbutt should first let us know what he wants in life. Watch youtube and do trading the whole day?

Ignore List: Oyk

What he wants is to wake up Bro Jac from his deep sleep....😅

Different life , I see rich people doing Live stream sell and sell products become even more richer due to Dumb buyers. I mean Singapore really got many " Dumb " people aka Sheep this is why even Malaysian also happy earning from locals.

(26-01-2024, 10:01 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Maybe sgbutt should first let us know what he wants in life. Watch youtube and do trading the whole day?

Thanks for asking 
...let me explain this way...

Start with the end in mind....and avoid walking in circles.

The concept is illustrated in this story. We should ñot just chase for things that we don't truly want...and waste our life doing it.

Please watch the video below to understand

What I want is not crazy amounts of money.
Neither do I need a big property, a two room flat is just fine.

What I want and have are good friends who always find time for each other and wish each other well.
To be able to gather with loved on various occasions ...make time for each other and truly care for one another....all these money cannot buy.

Of course I am not saying you don't need money....you just need enough not to starve and have enough for your basic needs and some extras.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(26-01-2024, 08:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  3yrs ago one of my friend had a heart attack and died suddenly

Prior to that he was putting in nany late nights working week ends and his priority was to get project done by deadlines. That was his work life do repeat, one week gone one month gone, one decade fly past and then one day...he was gone. I attended his funeral and now its 3 yrs after his dead.

Our lives we are often conditioned to think what we need and what we have to chase for. Companies and employers "motivate" you to work their plan and goals and they shape you to think these are your goals. Advertisers brainwash us to chase after the latest phones, buy big cars and we are brainwash to feel we need a bigger condo to be happy.

Govts and social systems make things unattainable so we run harder to cause it. If COE is too cheap at $80K it goes to $140K to make you chase. Companies pay structures consist of large bonus to make you compete against your colleague to get more bonus. Your day to day focus is shaped to think of ways to compete not how best to live your life. Such systems always evolve towards making you more and more  consumed with work and competition.

In Singapore we are lured into a certain way of thinking that many cannot break out of. 

We don't seem to ask ourselves why we want in life..and how best to make  use of the limited time we have.

everyone got to die
noone live forever here

whether you are rich and poor 
onone is really happy here

cause whatever you want or have
you cant take it as you leave this place

so that beg a question
what are we here for
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(27-01-2024, 12:10 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  everyone got to die
noone live forever here

so that beg a question
what are we here for
As you dont hv the intellect, dont ask such question

Continue to believe in your talking snake and apple sheet

No one gives you a damn

(27-01-2024, 12:43 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  As you dont hv the intellect, dont ask such question

Continue to believe in your talking snake and apple sheet

No one gives you a damn

sorry
we dont deal with human intellect
we dont deal with human answers and questioning

cause they are like  the thread here
it lead to no where

Happiness is a state of mind. You can be happy when you are poor and unhappy when you are rich.

What is more important is being able to do what you want, go where you want, be who you want. If you can do this in SG or anywhere, then you will be happy ... rich or poor.

Happiness is the new success.
Health is the new wealth.

Take care.

My thinking is this for many people what they think they want is due to conditioning. Be it advertising or social norms or the govt. Many go through life just following what others do without questioning.

One should reflect on what you really want.

Even then, one you know what you really want are you able to break out of the system that constrain you. You may already have incurred large mortgages that you have to work to pay off. You may already be trapped in a pattern and habit that is difficult to change. That habit is materialism to buy a bigger car, branded goods, eat at Michelin star restaurants.

I remember a rich doctor who made millions every year suddenly found he had stage 4 terminal lung cancer. He reflected on his life and found he had spent his whole life on things he did not need or want....because he did not think about what he really wanted.

Here is what he said about to true joy

https://www.asiaone.com/health/late-mill...d-true-joy

How did you know your dead friend didn't get what he wanted?

You talked to him in heaven?

No, you put words into your dead friend mouth 3 years after he died just to express your own unhappiness. Making use of a dead friend is despicable.

Please let your friend

Rest IN Peace 🕊️.

(27-01-2024, 07:15 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  How did you know your dead friend didn't get what he wanted?

You talked to him in heaven?

No, you put words into your dead friend mouth 3 years after he died just to express your own unhappiness. Making use of a dead friend is despicable.

Please let your friend

Rest IN Peace 🕊️.

Which part did I say he did not know what he wants. 
Just that his life was suddenly over. Because pur lives can end suddenly we better spend some time to reflect.

(26-01-2024, 08:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  3yrs ago one of my friend had a heart attack and died suddenly

Do u know what u want in life?

(27-01-2024, 07:58 AM)winbig Wrote:  Do u know what u want in life?

I answered the questions already plse go read.

(27-01-2024, 07:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Which part did I say he did not know what he wants. 
Just that his life was suddenly over. Because pur lives can end suddenly we better spend some time to reflect.

So how much time one needs for reflection? 10 minutes daily enuf or not and the rest can be spent gainfully working or trading?     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

We have wasted too much time on working. Working is just a tool in life not goal. We must achieve our real goal and purpose in life not simply materialistic stuffs.
We are programmed to be poor and work until die. Now working until die still cannot guarantee you can retire happily.

Wake up, my dear friends.
Have you ever wonder why we are born in this world? They must something very important that we must do before leaving.

Luckily, AI wave is finally here. This will make us work less and more time to think about our real goal in life.

Never live regret in life.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(27-01-2024, 12:10 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  everyone got to die
noone live forever here

so that beg a question
what are we here for
We are here for a short period while on our way to Hell or Heaven.

(26-01-2024, 11:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Please watch the video below to understand

What I want and have are good friends who always find time for each other and wish each other well.
To be able to gather with loved on various  occasions ...make time for each other and truly care for one another....all these money cannot buy.

Of course I am not saying you don't need money....you just need enough not to starve and have enough for your basic needs and some extras.

if you just need enough money, you cannot talk about what you want in life because the limited money will limit how you should live your life.

for example, you have rare cancer, you will die in a few months time if you cannot pay for the expensive treatment.
the rich can pay for the treatment and continue to live to what they want in life.

(26-01-2024, 08:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Many go through life not knowing what they want - one day its over

what you want depends on which govt governs the country.
the govt policy will decide the kind of society that you live.

if your country becomes the most expensive country in the world like Singapore, your want will become more expensive.
it also means that you need to earn more than before to live what you want or downgrade your life.
your want is not constant, you need to upgrade or downgrade your want depending on the cost of living.

the morale of the story is to always have the mean to live more than what you want so that you do not have to downgrade your want.
if not, you will keep downgrading your want when GST goes to 20%.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(27-01-2024, 09:21 AM)Hope Wrote:  We are here for a short period while on our way to Hell or Heaven.

we are here for a purpose

there is no such thing as meaning of life

there is a purpose in life

i know one uncle has three kids
now all the kids has emigrated oversea seldom come back to see their father

my uncle with his wife is very lonely

doesnt mean you have kids you will be happy
doesnt mean you have money you will be happy too

they feel there is something missing in life
the feeling of the missing is not a thing
 but a  understanding of purpose of life

and it is realized once you have all  you have on earth 
but those things you have you cant take it with you once you depart

and there you begin to realized what you have and gain  on earth is not the purpose of life

(26-01-2024, 11:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Thanks for asking 
...let me explain this way...

Start with the end in mind....and avoid walking in circles.

The concept is illustrated in this story. We should ñot just chase for things that we don't truly want...and waste our life doing it.

Please watch the video below to understand

To be able to gather with loved on various  occasions ...make time for each other and truly care for one another....all these money cannot buy.

You talk like a wide eyed schoolboy. 

You remind me of an older generation of ah sohs who unlike today's women had never been to school and were housewives. They were not corrupted by the dog eat dog world outside where men spent most of their sunlight hours in. They were simpur minded and taught chewren virtues. Fathers would not do the job so well because they would tell their chewren to be ruthless toward others.. because that was the way to survive to bring the bacon home.  But the human being is innately greedy. He wants more than just a two room flat and a simpur cai png lunch. Why else do you think scammers are so successful? Why else are you gambling in stocks? 

Today women work and we have lost the balance. So the society decays.

You are the last man cum woman standing, pure and virtuous. Oh wait. You are a gambler who wants to become a millionaire before 30 but now you are 40, and your can only whine...i being poor only have blablablab.

So you turned philosophical... 

Before I end, let me say this: the end for everyone is death regardless of whether you think you have lived your life well or not. The surgeon you mentioned became a Christian and is often quoted when evangelizing. Seek the things of God for the things of this world will pass, even our life...hence we say so and so has passed away, just like your friend and father. There is nothing we can grasp which will not slip away except the love of God. Amen.

CC: KillChoy

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(27-01-2024, 11:43 AM)Oyk Wrote:  sgtalk.net/User-Oyk entitled old fück

(27-01-2024, 06:36 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Happiness is a state of mind. You can be happy when you are poor and unhappy when you are rich.

[Image: Enough.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

After so many decades people are getting unhappier because they get more and more self-entitled. They have forgotten the days where we had hardships and now thought that everything is a given. Life is getting too good for these people.

Ignore List: Oyk

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/c...by-covid19

(30-01-2024, 10:47 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/c...by-covid19

Some people suffering with severe cases of COVID-19 will show signs of kidney damage, even those who had no underlying kidney problems before they were infected with the coronavirus. Signs of kidney problems in patients with COVID-19 include high levels of protein or blood in the urine and abnormal blood work.

Studies indicate more than 30% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 develop kidney injury, and more than 50% of patients in the intensive care unit with kidney injury may require dialysis. Sperati says early in the pandemic, some hospitals were running short on machines and sterile fluids needed to perform dialysis.

“As general treatments for patients with COVID-19 have improved, the rates of dialysis have decreased. This has helped to alleviate shortages, although intermittent supply chain disruptions remain a concern.

“Many patients with severe COVID-19 are those with co-existing, chronic conditions, including high blood pressure and diabetes. Both of these increase the risk of kidney disease,” he says.

But Sperati and other doctors are also seeing kidney damage in people who did not have kidney problems before they got infected with the virus.

Cardiovascular diseases are now the leading cause of death globally, and its largest contributing factors are the terrible "three highs" (high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and high blood cholesterol).
Hypertension, hyperglycemia, and hyperlipidemia are becoming more prevalent in modern society, and the incidence of these conditions is also trending towards younger age groups.
What can we do to effectively prevent the three highs?
Let me introduce a method that could reverse the three highs, even if one has suffered from them for many years!
This is a very important lesson!
心脑血管疾病已成为人类死亡的 “头号杀手”,而最大的病因,就是可怕的三高!
高血压、高血糖、高血脂,在当今社会越来越普遍,患病趋势也逐渐年轻化。
我们该怎么做,才能有效预防高血压、高血糖、高血脂?
患有多年的三高,竟然通过一种方法,能轻松逆转?

53-year-old-NUS-professor-collapses-after-run-dies-on-the-way-to-hospital.   

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-53-year-old-NU...o-hospital

As mentioned, brisk walking is still the best esp. for those who are above middle age. Brisk walk for at least 30 mins daily and you will be much healthier than any runners. Long-distance runners might be fitter, but many runners risks suffering from serious injuries when they get older, including Runner's Knee, Shin Splints, Achilles Tendinitis, Plantar Fasciitis, Stress Fractures (due to repetitive stress on lower legs), not forgetting the infamous cardiac failure.

Runners tends to time themselves and aiming to improve their timing and pace each time, which is extremely dangerous when they continuously push their heart to the limits or attempt to maintain the same timing even as they get older. So runners are constantly at risk of over-stressing their heart out without knowing until it is too late. As simple as that.

Whereas for brisk walking, you are merely working out a sweat to enjoy the scenery with no need to time anything.

Walking at a good pace is like a car engine operating at an optimum rpm e.g. 2000-2500 rpm whereas running will constantly push the pistons to redline, very shiok with lots of power and speed but the pistons as well as many other mechanical components will chwee much earlier than expected.

Unlike animals, humans only have two legs and are made to walk, not run.

Walk, don't die.

(30-01-2024, 10:52 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  As mentioned, brisk walking is still the best esp. for those who are above middle age. Brisk walk for at least 30 mins daily and you will be much healthier than any runners. Long-distance runners might be fitter, but many runners risks suffering from serious injuries when they get older, including Runner's Knee, Shin Splints, Achilles Tendinitis, Plantar Fasciitis, Stress Fractures (due to repetitive stress on lower legs), not forgetting the infamous cardiac failure.

Runners tends to time themselves and aiming to improve their timing and pace each time, which is extremely dangerous when they continuously push their heart to the limits or attempt to maintain the same timing even as they get older. So runners are constantly at risk of over-stressing their heart out without knowing until it is too late. As simple as that.

Whereas for brisk walking, you are merely working out a sweat to enjoy the scenery with no need to time anything.

Walking at a good pace is like a car engine operating at an optimum rpm e.g. 2000-2500 rpm whereas running will constantly push the pistons to redline, very shiok with lots of power and speed but the pistons as well as many other mechanical components will chwee much earlier than expected.

Unlike animals, humans only have two legs and are made to walk, not run.

Walk, don't die.
*Nocturia*

Nocturia means that urination at night is a symptom of heart failure, not of the bladder.
Dr.Abdul Nasir, explains that nocturia is actually a symptom of blockage in the blood flow to the heart and brain. Adults and elderly people suffer the most because they have to get up frequently at night to urinate. Elders shy away from drinking water before going to bed at night for fear of disturbing sleep. They think that if you drink water, you will have to get up again and again to urinate. What they don't know is that not drinking water before bed or after urinating at night is an important cause of frequent early morning heart attacks or strokes in adults and elderly people. In fact, nocturia means frequent urination is not a problem of bladder dysfunction. This is due to decreased heart function in the elderly with age, as the heart is no longer able to suck blood from the lower part of the body.
In such a situation, during the day when we are in a standing position, the flow of blood is more downwards. If the heart is weak, the amount of blood in the heart becomes insufficient and the pressure on the lower part of the body increases. That is why adults and elderly people get swelling in the lower part of the body during the day. When they lie down at night the lower part of the body gets relief from the pressure and thus a lot of water gets stored in the tissues. This water comes back into the blood. If there is too much water, the kidneys have to work harder to separate the water and push it out of the bladder. This is one of the main causes of nocturia.
So it usually takes about three or four hours between when you lie down to sleep and the first time you go to the toilet. After that, when the amount of water in the blood starts increasing again, after three hours one has to go to the toilet again.
Now the question arises that why is it an important cause of brain stroke or heart attack?
The answer is that after urinating two or three times, there is very little water in the blood. The body's water is also reduced by breathing. This causes the blood to become thick and sticky and the heart rate slows down during sleep. Due to the thick blood and slow blood flow, the narrowed blood vessel gets blocked easily...
This is the reason why adults and elderly people are always found to have a heart attack or paralysis around 5-6 in the morning. In this condition they die in sleep itself.
The first thing to tell everyone is that nocturia is not a malfunction of the bladder, it is a problem of aging.
Another thing to tell everyone is that you should drink lukewarm water before going to bed, and again after getting up to urinate at night.
Do not be afraid of nocturia. Drink plenty of water, because not drinking water can kill you.
The third thing is that to increase the efficiency of the heart, you should do more exercise in a normal time. The human body is not a machine that will deteriorate if it is overused, on the contrary, the more it is used, the stronger it will be. Do not eat unhealthy food, especially high starch and fried foods.
I request you to share this article with your adult and elderly friends.
Very important for senior citizens.

As this is specifically meant for senior citizens, please do not disregard it. Read it and share it with people who may need it! 🤝🙏🏻
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post