Many go through life not knowing what they want - one day its over

(26-01-2024, 08:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Your day to day focus is shaped to think of ways to compete not how best to live your life. Such systems always evolve towards making you more and more  consumed with work and competition. In Singapore we are lured into a certain way of thinking that many cannot break out of. How is it that after 5 decades we are unhappier that we ever were? We don't seem to ask ourselves why we want in life. and how best to make  use of the limited time we have.

It is not wrong to have aspirations to carve out a better quality of life for our family.  All we ask is for our country to be more affordable in terms of housing, cars, food, clothing etc. If the S'porean Dream is crushed, most of us would just descend into going with the flow, since working hard and smart does not guarantee that we are able to upgrade later on in life here.  We do not want the dubious "honour" of being the most expensive city in the world!   
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(30-01-2024, 10:52 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Unlike animals, humans only have two legs and are made to walk, not run. Walk, don't die.

Our life on earth is relatively short.  Don't make it any shorter.

After many many years of observations, I come to a conclusion that our body will die, but our soul keeps on living for a long long time. We will re-incarnate again to this earth as human being or animal, depending on what we have done in our past lives.

According to Newton's law, every action comes with a reaction. I would like to extend this concept further, every action comes with a reaction, but the reaction can be either immediate or delayed. The delayed reaction can either happen in this life, or subsequent lives.

For example, if a murderer killed someone, he will get punished if he is caught by police.
However, if the murderer managed to escape from being caught, he will get punished in his subsequent lives.

I call this a fair world.
This principle can explain many things. e.g.why someone can get very rich, someone can be born poor, etc.