IMF issues warning to USA for overspending and debt balloon

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/interna...oning-debt

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

US Debt is a time bomb

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Okay this professor who has studied the problem explains the dynamics well

1. As the US debt grows it need to auction more treasuries to pay the debt.

2. The market will demand higher and higher interest to buy the treasuries.

3. The high interest means the risk free rate will be elevated ....and interest hike will kill off the economy.

4. Right now it is not certain when all this will happen but it is bound to happen before debt hitsb200% of GDP

US does not care 
these 2 problems hv been there for >20yrs ago

they just print n print
as long as US$ is the world resevred currency life goes on

(20-04-2024, 10:25 AM)talky Wrote:  US does not care 
these 2 problems hv been there for >20yrs ago

they just print n print
as long as US$ is the world resevred currency life goes on

Just like man eating unhealthy food never exercise...his veins get block but nothing happens to him so he become more complacent 
...then one day he gets heart attack and dies.

Nothing happens so far means US living on borrowed time. 
Like the Prof says it can be 5 yrs or 10yr but it is certain to happen.

Reserve currency does not mean you can just print money.. 
You can print more money but you will hit a limit

Most of the money are spent on war machines and murdering people.

https://youtu.be/_iwW5PQcdGw?si=YhdXhFm3YOD00yms

(20-04-2024, 10:56 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Most of the money are spent on war machines and murdering people.
https://youtu.be/_iwW5PQcdGw?si=YhdXhFm3YOD00yms

second to Unfunded budget. 

nbcnews.com › politics › congress › republican-budget-raise-age-retirement-social-security-medicare-rcna144341
Republican budget would raise the age of retirement for Social Security
Mar 20, 2024Medicare is projected to become insolvent in 2028, and Social Security will follow in 2033. After that, benefits will be forcibly cut unless more revenues are added.

manhattan.institute › article › behind-cbos-100-trillion-in-projected-deficits-over-30-years
Behind CBO's $100 Trillion in Projected Deficits over 30 Years
Chart 6 shows that, of the $104 trillion in budget deficits forecast over the next 30 years, the general revenue transfers needed to pay all Social Security and Medicare benefits (plus interest) account for $101 trillion. The rest of the budget will

"In a sound retirement system, we would have $68.1 trillion in the bank earning interest. In fact, we have no money in the bank for future expenses." CONGRESSIONAL RESEARCH SERVICE.

America will need to lower expenditure, any cut impact to not only to its people and the world spending power.
Spore must prepare for slower growth world.

IMF??

(20-04-2024, 10:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just like man eating unhealthy food never exercise...his veins get block but nothing happens to him so he become more complacent 
...then one day he gets heart attack and dies.

Nothing happens so far means US living on borrowed time. 
Like the Prof says it can be 5 yrs or 10yr but it is certain to happen.

Reserve currency does not mean you can just print money.. 
You can print more money but you will hit a limit

Every year they just wayang and raise the limit Laughing

That's why they're eager to start wars to revive their economy, and has been in wars for 220 of their short history of 240 yrs