Some HDB residents shocked by acquisition for Woodlands Checkpoint

Some HDB residents shocked by acquisition for Woodlands Checkpoint expansion, others welcome move

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...paign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

[Image: 220527---MAP---Woodlands-Checkpoint-expa...u_18UlJDCc]Looks like more or less same location.
...get brand new flats.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

What is purpose of expanding check point when bottleneck is at Causeway?

Does anyone know?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(29-05-2022, 07:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What is purpose of expanding check point when bottleneck is at Causeway?

Does anyone know?

Causeway not easy to expand n needs Malaysia ‘s approval 
Checkpoint not enough space if comes to school holidays it will be packed.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(29-05-2022, 07:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What is purpose of expanding check point when bottleneck is at Causeway?

Does anyone know?

I don't believe in any shit that PAP says

It is obviously for "Security " reasons

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

[Image: causeway-link-johor-bahru-singapore-600x419.jpg]
common
you just look and think carefully
a common sense person with a reasonably logical thinking skills will be able to solve the problem IF THE ISSUE IS INFRASTRUCTURE ONLY!

but you and i know that it is not.
it has got to do with safety, security and money!

security
a driver will know the diferrence btwn jb n sg customs security structure - all the bumps and bollards at sg side are scary and irritating.

safety
at jb side if you are able to walk up the road to jb custom with a luggage plus old lady plus children, you are lucky. compare with sg, their side dont hv a sidewalk - its so terrible! it was so sad to see people walking up the slope during border closed and border open days!

money
imagine if they build a structure which allows people to simply walk across? how much less money they are going to get from bus fares tolls abd whatever fees. they wanto build the rtl to fetch 10k pax per hour ea way! why dont build a shelter and make jb custom like the old days at ground level? money money money!