VIDEO: REALITY of Leaving Singapore & Retiring in Penang | Singaporeans in Malaysia

Looks like a boring place.
Maybe retire can go but when you are at final leg kf life isn't being with loved ones and friends important?

It's not a big apartment that js important but who you meet with and all that.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

BKK or Thailand far value for money than Penang
visa cheaper and easier to get
u go see how run down most Penang mall is

Yes Thailand is better 

Can extend the dollar longer

Ex banker ?
Got assets here retire there ?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

Penang actually not bad, literally is a Chinese state in Malaysia.

A lot Malaysian Chinese stay in Penang , also their CNY mood at least still there around more vibrant than SG.

Of course if you compare with Thailand, Thailand better but I feel is better you can speak Thai so more better if you really intend to stay in Thailand for long.

Whereas in Penang no problem since there are lots of chinese there.

(28-01-2023, 05:50 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Penang actually not bad, literally is a Chinese state in Malaysia.

A lot Malaysian Chinese stay in Penang , also their CNY mood at least still there around more vibrant than SG.

Of course if you compare with Thailand, Thailand better but I feel is better you can speak Thai so more better if you really intend to stay in Thailand for long.

Whereas in Penang no problem since there are lots of chinese there.

My spouse elder sister marry there. Indeed Chinese dominate but army and polis still their ppl so her sis still face makan suap from polis after so many years. CNY they out in force to earn pocket allowance. Catch you no seat belt, park illegally etc etc. Also need to emphasize live in Penang Island itself and opposite the mainland Big Mountain Leg got difference in the housing prices a lot so a lot live in Mainland and then drive to Penang Island to work super jam. Their ferry that can carry car also super jam during go to work and off work.

(28-01-2023, 05:13 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Looks like a boring place.
Maybe retire can go but when you are at final leg kf life isn't being with loved ones and friends important?

It's not a big apartment that js important but who you meet with and all that.

U mean u live and travel within your tiny bird cage is much better?

Pls for heaven sake go Penang and spend a month there before u comment on the place.

For me I've drove all over the island but yet to completely explore it. I even had my durian up in the mountain. What hv u done?

(28-01-2023, 05:24 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  BKK or Thailand far value for money than Penang
visa cheaper and easier to get
u go see how run down most Penang mall is

Aiyah Thailand also must see where u go lah. Most area are worst than JB. And driving there is really a nightmare. In Phuket u can drive thru even if the traffic lights are RED!

Talking about roads....non can compare to Langkawi main roads.

(28-01-2023, 06:33 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Aiyah Thailand also must see where u go lah. Most area are worst than JB. And driving there is really a nightmare. In Phuket u can drive thru even if the traffic lights are RED!

Talking about roads....non can compare to Langkawi main roads.

Driving and makan suap go hand in hand in those countries. Even if you try to be extra careful still will kena one way or another. So go out must prepare budget for the makan suap situation. How much to prepare in Msia and Thailand?

(28-01-2023, 05:46 PM)wendychan Wrote:  Ex banker ?
Got assets here retire there ?

Banker means working in a bank
Doesn't mean he is rich

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-01-2023, 06:40 PM)sgh Wrote:  Driving and makan suap go hand in hand in those countries. Even if you try to be extra careful still will kena one way or another. So go out must prepare budget for the makan suap situation. How much to prepare in Msia and Thailand?

U how old liao still can't speak proper English?

(28-01-2023, 06:43 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  U how old liao still can't speak proper English?

You haven't answer my question leh how much budget for makan suap? They got market rate one ok! I got Msian relatives so I know a fair bit of their culture.

(28-01-2023, 06:28 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  U mean u live and travel within your tiny bird cage is much better?

Pls for heaven sake go Penang and spend a month there before u comment on the place.

For me I've drove all over the island but yet to completely explore it. I even had my durian up in the mountain. What hv u done?

Visit for a few weeks okay. Very different from resettling there.

Plse read my post in full.
It's more about staying in touch with loved ones.

(28-01-2023, 06:47 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Visit for a few weeks okay. Very different from resettling there.

U don't even hv a gf but hv a lot of love ones here? U don't know how to make new friends in new environment?

(28-01-2023, 06:47 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Visit for a few weeks okay. Very different from resettling there.

Your England cant be understood. U understand?

(28-01-2023, 07:01 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Your England cant be understood. U understand?

Actually yours also half bucket of water also. Msia got one popular mountain top black poison snake aka Klog? He got one song come and Settle hahahaha.... Msia never fail to amaze me with their prodigious talent every era.

(28-01-2023, 07:04 PM)sgh Wrote:  Actually yours also half bucket of water also. Msia got one popular mountain top black poison snake aka Klog? He got one song come and Settle hahahaha.... Msia never fail to amaze me with their prodigious talent every era.

U got no children right? If hv sure damn jialat. Rotfl

(28-01-2023, 07:07 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  U got no children right? If hv sure damn jialat. Rotfl

I got children leh soon they start to work liao. Why jialat? Mountain top black poison snake got parents correct? Give birth come out like that but at least he honest earn a living I respect him for that.

(28-01-2023, 07:13 PM)sgh Wrote:  I got children leh soon they start to work liao. Why jialat? Mountain top black poison snake got parents correct? Give birth come out like that but at least he honest earn a living I respect him for that.

Well u are always complaining about children. Guess why?