China regulators gives tacit approval of VIE structure ...ending uncertainty.

After Didi incident lots of wild speculation of forced delisting China wants all foreign listed entities back etc. This speculation and fear caused hundreds of billions of stocks to be sold off and China stocks listed in US to tumble.

I earlier explained this makes no sense as the China benefitted to the tune of $1T investments  from these IPOs. W

Yesterday the  Chinese regulator laid down the rules for foreign listing, they are not asking for much;

1. Companies with data of more than 1M users have to seek approval before listing 

2. Companies already listed outside China will be exempted from new rules.

Probably there are no companies with  data  below 1M in china going for listing so basically they are saying they want all companies to seek approval first before getting a foreign listing. Previously no approval was required.

The Didi incident created a storm in  teacup and billions lost over the fear and uncertain over it. 

Also, US legislation to have audit data for Chinese firm again is another exaggerated saga.  It came after many China companies were listed in US engage in fraudulent accounting. This was because under Obama they exempted China companies. While all other foreign companies are required to comply. China propaganda mischaracterise this as another move to target China. 

The US side also has one trillion of investors funds in these companies, they are not going to ask for sensitive data outside what is needed to better ensure no fraud is involved. Some kind of framework will be established on what is needed.....

https://www.scmp.com/business/china-busi...rseas-ipos

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.