Lawrence Wong says China needs to grow influence ‘carefully’

So carefully, Singapore not invited to BRI in Beijing

Not once but twice..

Why talk about China in US?

DPM Lawrence Wong should be invited to Beijing, what's he doing in US?

He should meet 140 world's leaders instead

(15-10-2023, 08:42 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/ase...-carefully

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/news/si...-carefully
Wasted .

He should speak @ 3rd BRI in Beijing not in US

Addressing 140 world's leaders rather than one country listening in US.

You mean China + 140 countries are not careful?

PM Lee admits Singapore is in a mess..

(17-10-2023, 11:57 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Here again Oyk unsurprisingly display typical mindset of a CECA about Chinese History.
Yet he love to forget it wasn't 汉人, but 洋人 who "land grabbed in all four directions" and enslaved many others , including "Indians"....who, interestingly today accept Tibet is part of China...BTW, the last part not I say one hor...

Big Grin
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/pm-o.../41145.cms

You can't miss it when you see a POST coming from Man(think), what with the huge number of basic linguistic and major historical errors.  Rolleyes

displays
Not display

loves 
Not love

The most damning evidence of a post that is unmistakably Man(Think)'s is the second sentence saying Indians blar blar blar contradicting the first saying CECA blar blar blar. Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(17-10-2023, 06:05 PM)Fit Wrote:  True! Never teach a duck how to swim!

Look again, and look carefully.  It's not a duck. It's a human bear.  Rolleyes

(18-10-2023, 04:08 AM)Scythian Wrote:  .

So carefully, Singapore not invited to BRI in Beijing

Not once but twice..

Why talk about China in US?

Ah Wong better not talk about China lah. Dont learn from the stoopid pinky.

Small fry better behave like a small fry.

Laughing

(18-10-2023, 01:35 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  I'd like to put in my two cents on a few talking points.

* A top-ranking official acting as a mouthpiece for the govt on questions of foreign policy may have two opinions: a  politically correct public opinion, followed by a public statement and their own personal opinion that is not to be made known to the public. The neutral language of SG's official statement and press release are well-known.

* China's fact-finding mission to SG in days of yore gave the vast country a leg up over other developing nations in an endeavour to improve economically. The island-state was one of the region's biggest success stories, and its city planners and other experts offered tutorials to the Chinese students on the field trip. Economically, capitalism has transformed China and it's now one of the world's two most powerful economies.

Well said.  

The words in red in the third para is a good exampur of the words in the second para, also in red.  If you included Japan in "this region", we are "one of the region's..."  But Japan isn't situated in SE Asia, and while we could claim with complete justification to be the best, it would seem a tad too arrogant to do that.  

Yours is a rare good post that's only seen once in a few months.  Calling it two cents in such a self-deprecating manner is yet another exampur when truth be told, most of the SgTalkers are decidedly biased against PAP without even bothering to give credit when it's due, and either pro-CCP or neutral between the CCP and the West in general.

Well, this is what we have to do at the roundtable of the UN because we are small, our SAF is only good to be a poisonous prawn to our neighbours but not for any major war farther away...in fact, it would be a mistake to send our troops to Ukraine or the Middle East or anywhere, and decimate the SAF because then, we would be like not having a SAF and exposing ourselves to the very threat we wanted to prevent.  The world does not need Singapore to survive, but we need the world to survive, so we can only make some mother statements.  If we speak to other countries, big or small, US or China, the way we speak to Malaysia, I think we are doing it right...

(18-10-2023, 09:14 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I shaddup

FUCKER USER-OYKFUCKER USER-OYKFUCKER USER-OYKFUCKER USER-OYK

[Image: S6ZIZ.gif]

"Differing perspectives on the South China Sea territorial disputes, the nature of Singapore–US ties and Singapore’s unilateral military training in Taiwan have made Singapore a target for popular and sometimes official criticism in China. 

Beijing apparently snubbed Singapore by not inviting its prime minister to the inaugural Belt and Road Forum. 

China also consistently warns Singapore ‘not to take sides’ when it articulates positions that depart from China’s, even when such statements simply reflect Singapore’s own interests.

This suggests China’s preference for silence from Singapore on key issues."
https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2017/06/17...y%20issues.

Telling china what to do when our own issue did not do well, yet open big mouth to lash on china. china is capable in dealing that, not for us to meddle.

Good tat Sg gov tells china arrogant ppl...